Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Winnipeg Jets' new jerseys for 2011-2012?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 REDHASEK

REDHASEK

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Attached File  57823900.jpg   1.32MB   213 downloadsAttached File  77753100.jpg   36.33KB   164 downloads

These are Fakes there not real. And the real ones will be Released On September 6th 2011.

Edited by REDHASEK, 01 September 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#2 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

I wasn't fussy about the logo at first, but it did grow on me. I'm really digging the jerseys though

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:17 AM

Are the Jets not legally allowed to use the old logo? The new one is pretty cool in its own right but I wish they would just go back to the old one.

#4 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

Seen the home jersey a few different places. Both look good IMO.

#5 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

Oh, another navy blue and light blue colored sweater with a circular logo? Bleh...

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

CBC.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

That's a counterfeit jersey. I believe they have already denied that the official jersey looks like that.

My opinion is that it will probably be pretty close.

Posted Image

#8 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Pretty cool Jersey for Derek Meech to sport :P

#9 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Are the Jets not legally allowed to use the old logo? The new one is pretty cool in its own right but I wish they would just go back to the old one.

Someone made a comment in the earlier Winnipeg jersey thread that said they'd actually have to buy the rights from the Phoenix Coyotes to use the old jersey. On top of that, while most hockey purists (such as myself) would prefer the old logo, creating a new one generates so much extra revenue for the owners. If they used the same logo, it gives people an excuse not to buy a new jersey or article of clothing.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#10 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

I like it.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#11 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Where was this when Air Canada was looking for a new look? I think it would suit an Airline better then a hockey team. I'm still stoked about the Jets, it's just not "cool" enough for me to buy any of there s***. Just like when the Oilers revamped theirs, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#12 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Where was this when Air Canada was looking for a new look? I think it would suit an Airline better then a hockey team. I'm still stoked about the Jets, it's just not "cool" enough for me to buy any of there s***. Just like when the Oilers revamped theirs, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

Going to be humorous seeing these jerseys all over the GTA.

#13 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Attached File  57823900.jpg   1.32MB   213 downloadsAttached File  77753100.jpg   36.33KB   164 downloads

What do you all think of the new jerseys for the Jets I think they look great if these are what there going to look like.

Looks like something out of the TV series Pan Am or a Molson Canadian Bottle!!! But I actually dig these!!

#14 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

They're not real, don't trust anything that hasn't been released. They just arrested a bunch of people trying to sell these. (See above link) The Jets themselves claim their look is NOTHING like this one. So we wait and see...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Old logo and jersey were 10 times better, but I don't think they're allowed to use it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Old logo and jersey were 10 times better, but I don't think they're allowed to use it.

yes they are, defunct logos are the property of the NHL, and the NHL said that the new Winnipeg team was free 2 use them, they just wanted 2 not have history, or an awesome logo i guess. OR they thought, hey there is a team called the maple leafs lets put a giant one on our jersey.

#17 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

yes they are, defunct logos are the property of the NHL, and the NHL said that the new Winnipeg team was free 2 use them, they just wanted 2 not have history, or an awesome logo i guess. OR they thought, hey there is a team called the maple leafs lets put a giant one on our jersey.

They're not a defunct team, though, since they play in Phoenix.

However, if you're right and they are allowed to use it, then they're just stupid going with this over the old colors.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#18 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

They're not a defunct team, though, since they play in Phoenix.

However, if you're right and they are allowed to use it, then they're just stupid going with this over the old colors.

I know their not a defunct team, I said defunct LOGOS.

#19 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Someone made a comment in the earlier Winnipeg jersey thread that said they'd actually have to buy the rights from the Phoenix Coyotes to use the old jersey. On top of that, while most hockey purists (such as myself) would prefer the old logo, creating a new one generates so much extra revenue for the owners. If they used the same logo, it gives people an excuse not to buy a new jersey or article of clothing.

Reminds me of this little ditty...

Money money money moneyyy... MONEY!

Is it a matter of fact that they would make more money off of a new logo? I'd be curious to run an experiment like that.

#20 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

I actually like these. Wasn't too thrilled about the logo, but it looks like it might come together in the end if the officials will resemble this. The use of the two shades of blue is nice.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.