• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
REDHASEK

Winnipeg Jets' new jerseys for 2011-2012?

Rate this topic

Are the Jets not legally allowed to use the old logo? The new one is pretty cool in its own right but I wish they would just go back to the old one.

Someone made a comment in the earlier Winnipeg jersey thread that said they'd actually have to buy the rights from the Phoenix Coyotes to use the old jersey. On top of that, while most hockey purists (such as myself) would prefer the old logo, creating a new one generates so much extra revenue for the owners. If they used the same logo, it gives people an excuse not to buy a new jersey or article of clothing.

Where was this when Air Canada was looking for a new look? I think it would suit an Airline better then a hockey team. I'm still stoked about the Jets, it's just not "cool" enough for me to buy any of there s***. Just like when the Oilers revamped theirs, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

Guest Shoreline

Where was this when Air Canada was looking for a new look? I think it would suit an Airline better then a hockey team. I'm still stoked about the Jets, it's just not "cool" enough for me to buy any of there s***. Just like when the Oilers revamped theirs, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

Going to be humorous seeing these jerseys all over the GTA.

post-16019-0-72447800-1314848922_thumb.jpgpost-16019-0-01808800-1314848937_thumb.jpg

What do you all think of the new jerseys for the Jets I think they look great if these are what there going to look like.

Looks like something out of the TV series Pan Am or a Molson Canadian Bottle!!! But I actually dig these!!

They're not real, don't trust anything that hasn't been released. They just arrested a bunch of people trying to sell these. (See above link) The Jets themselves claim their look is NOTHING like this one. So we wait and see...

Old logo and jersey were 10 times better, but I don't think they're allowed to use it.

yes they are, defunct logos are the property of the NHL, and the NHL said that the new Winnipeg team was free 2 use them, they just wanted 2 not have history, or an awesome logo i guess. OR they thought, hey there is a team called the maple leafs lets put a giant one on our jersey.

yes they are, defunct logos are the property of the NHL, and the NHL said that the new Winnipeg team was free 2 use them, they just wanted 2 not have history, or an awesome logo i guess. OR they thought, hey there is a team called the maple leafs lets put a giant one on our jersey.

They're not a defunct team, though, since they play in Phoenix.

However, if you're right and they are allowed to use it, then they're just stupid going with this over the old colors.

They're not a defunct team, though, since they play in Phoenix.

However, if you're right and they are allowed to use it, then they're just stupid going with this over the old colors.

I know their not a defunct team, I said defunct LOGOS.

Someone made a comment in the earlier Winnipeg jersey thread that said they'd actually have to buy the rights from the Phoenix Coyotes to use the old jersey. On top of that, while most hockey purists (such as myself) would prefer the old logo, creating a new one generates so much extra revenue for the owners. If they used the same logo, it gives people an excuse not to buy a new jersey or article of clothing.

Reminds me of this little ditty...

Money money money moneyyy... MONEY!

Is it a matter of fact that they would make more money off of a new logo? I'd be curious to run an experiment like that.

I actually like these. Wasn't too thrilled about the logo, but it looks like it might come together in the end if the officials will resemble this. The use of the two shades of blue is nice.

I was under the impression that the rights to the old Jets franchise belong to the NHL. Naming, likeness, and otherwise.

Reminds me of this little ditty...

Money money money moneyyy... MONEY!

Is it a matter of fact that they would make more money off of a new logo? I'd be curious to run an experiment like that.

It's not necessarily a "fact" but it most certainly stands to reason.

I was under the impression that the rights to the old Jets franchise belong to the NHL. Naming, likeness, and otherwise.

Well, yeah currently they are since Phoenix filed for Bankruptcy back in 2009. That's essentially what I was saying without saying it.

Now that the NHL has seized control of the team and continues to try to find a buyer that will keep the team where they are, technically the NHL does own the old Jets franchise.