• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have announced that Amway will be the team's presenting sponsor, the first time the franchise will have a corporate partner in this category.

It's a multi-year agreement that builds upon last year's initial partnership which featured the Amway logo being incorporated on all Red Wings practice jerseys and pucks.

"We're elated to have Amway as the first presenting sponsor in Red Wings history,'' Tom Wilson, president of Olympia Entertainment, said in press release. "The unique similarities between our two companies make this a natural alliance that will enhance all areas of our operations, including player nutrition, fan experience and our dedication to the community.''

The agreement will include substantial branding initiatives at Joe Louis Arena. Amway's Nutrilite brand was named the official vitamin and nutritional supplement of the Red Wings.

"The 50-year history and global success of Amway along with the elite status of the Red Wings organization are a considerable source of pride for Michiganders,'' Steve Lieberman, vice president and managing director for Amway North America, said in a statement. "The partnership between our two Michigan powerhouses is a natural fit and a winning match.''

http://www.mlive.com...-year_deal.html

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

Uh oh... queue the sponsors on jerseys debate...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Uh oh... queue the sponsors on jerseys debate...

I thought the debate would be about how Amway sucks and is a pyramid scheme, etc.

Anyone here ever sat through an Amway presentation? I did it once and I will never do it again because it really was a waste of time. You got your plan A and plan B and hey, you can be like Mark Zuckerberg if you have the enthusiasm!!!

#4 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

hockey isnt as pure as it used 2 be folks.

#5 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#6 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Well, now we have a general idea of what the new arena will be named;)
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yup, I sat through the Amway presentation once because I didn't know what was coming. My roommate's parents had gotten her into it and she had to bring in so many new prospects according to the "system" or she wasn't following it. I said I'd give it a listen, just to help her out. Freaky.

I'm really not keen on the Red Wings being associated with them, but I guess everyone needs a cash cow.

Now if they can get 5 other teams to agree to the branding, and those teams get 5 teams...

#8 Trastion

Trastion

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

One thing they do not mention is that the founders of Amway are the guys who own the Van Andel Arena and the Griffins in Grand Rapids. It is all about keeping things in the family of course, just like Little Caesar's Pizza being a sponsor because the Illitch's own that. I do not think this is wrong however. I am very grateful to those that have put a lot of money into Grand Rapids and brought hockey here. I used to be a season ticket holder for the Griffins but can not afford it any more. I do however like to go to a bunch of games each year and see the guys who are up and coming.

It has been great to watch guys like Helm, Hudler, Kronwall & the like play over the years. Also meeting and hanging out with many of them over the years. They are also hosting a Red & White game here again this year that I want to attend.

#9 One4TheWings

One4TheWings

"dc"

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Has anyone been out to the official detroitredwings.com site? They mention:

The Amway partnership marks the first time in the Wings’ 86-year history that the NHL organization will have a presenting sponsor, with the Amway logo seen almost as prominently as the Winged Wheel in all team advertising, branding and marketing materials.

They proceed to show the Winged Wheel with "presented by Amway" right under it. I hate seeing the Winged Wheel tarnished with a company logo under it. And it's not just because it's Amway. It just looks ridiculous. Maybe I'm being over sensitive?

Edited by One4TheWings, 01 September 2011 - 02:27 PM.

4G1V3N

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone been out to the official detroitredwings.com site? They mention:

They proceed to show the Winged Wheel with "presented by Amway" right under it. I hate seeing the Winged Wheel tarnished with a company logo under it. And it's not just because it's Amway. It just looks ridiculous. Maybe I'm being over sensitive?

Nope, you're spot on. It just looks ridiculous.

#11 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

disgusting, and it doesnt matter what company it is, its disgusting.

#12 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

Yup, I sat through the Amway presentation once because I didn't know what was coming. My roommate's parents had gotten her into it and she had to bring in so many new prospects according to the "system" or she wasn't following it. I said I'd give it a listen, just to help her out. Freaky.

I'm really not keen on the Red Wings being associated with them, but I guess everyone needs a cash cow.

Now if they can get 5 other teams to agree to the branding, and those teams get 5 teams...

So.. what you're saying is.. we're all going to be rich! :yowza:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#13 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

I actually bought into Amway a couple of years ago. What a complete line of Bulls*** this company is! They basically make their money off their Independent Business Owners (Me) because you have to purchase your own items from Amway or your not following the scheme! I wish I could meet the Son of a ***** that got me into Amway in a Dark Alley! I'd Probably Tie Domi his pencil neck geek ass! Oh well, lesson learned.

#14 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

If they put the Amway name on the Jerseys, I am going to be furious. I think Detroit has worked so hard to build it's traditional image. If they do put the Amway logo on the jersey, I think it's going to destroy the image the the Illitch Family and the entire organization has worked so hard to build.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#15 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, I got dragged to one of those presentations about 15 years ago by a buddy of mine. It was indeed freaky. The presenter could obviously tell I thought it was bulls*** and a scam, so he kept trying to call me out and talk s*** and embarass me, to I guess break me down and get me to submit to their bulls***. It was more like some sort of bizarre cult indoctrination than any real business presentation.

Edited by sleepwalker, 01 September 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#16 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

I thought the debate would be about how Amway sucks and is a pyramid scheme, etc.

Anyone here ever sat through an Amway presentation? I did it once and I will never do it again because it really was a waste of time. You got your plan A and plan B and hey, you can be like Mark Zuckerberg if you have the enthusiasm!!!

Amway IS a pyramid scheme. I don't like this at all.
Posted Image

#17 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

I'm a right-wing douchebag and I don't like them or this at all.

There's nothing wrong with having political or religious views, and there's nothing wrong with discussing such things with other people if the other people are into discussing things, but that Amway meeting was cult-like.

It was like, ok, we know you're a Christian, so if you don't join with us, you must not be a real Christian and you have no values. Huh? That, my friends is what is called a smoke screen. You could do the same thing with religion, politics, sports fanship... hmm, maybe they just added the latter to the others.

At any rate, after seeing what devotion to the "program" did to my friend and her family, I stay far away from that sort of "programming".

#18 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Amway IS a pyramid scheme, and those two clowns who run it are right wing douchebags. I don't like this at all.

Oh well I agree. I shouldn't have said debate.

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

Well, now we have a general idea of what the new arena will be named;)

Afraid you may be right.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Amway Arena

Makes me cringe - enough to hope the Joe remains open for the next century.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."