• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 13GoWings40

Byfuglien Arrested for Drunken Boating

Rate this topic

OMFG! I can't believe you people are making fun of fat people!!! If someone chooses to be fat they shouldn't have to face ridicule on some message board by a bunch of self righteous jerks who don't agree with their lifestyle!!! Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!

Equality for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

esteef

lulz

In case you haven't been paying attention...It is now socially acceptable to be fat. THAT is the real problem.

Are you serious?

We've finally gotten to the point where it is socially acceptable to be of any race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or gender. We have gotten rid of the stigma associated with mental illness, addiction, and disability, and now we have to deal with someone who thinks it's not ok to be fat?

We still have work to do.

Poor Buf. First the poster child for black players, now the poster child for fat players.

Are you serious?

We've finally gotten to the point where it is socially acceptable to be of any race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or gender. We have gotten rid of the stigma associated with mental illness, addiction, and disability, and now we have to deal with someone who thinks it's not ok to be fat?

We still have work to do.

Poor Buf. First the poster child for black players, now the poster child for fat players.

It is NOT ok to be fat. It is unhealthy. It has nothing to do with bias. If you are fat you are not healthy and in 99% of the cases it is preventable.

None of the things you mentioned above are preventable. Your comparison is not valid. This is exactly the problem. Society wants to compare being fat with a disability. Granted that there are a small % of people that because of medical reasons are pre-destined to be fat but they are in a small minority. Most of the people just don't eat right and exercise enough and that should be discouraged.

It is NOT ok to be fat. It is unhealthy. It has nothing to do with bias. If you are fat you are not healthy and in 99% of the cases it is preventable.

None of the things you mentioned above are preventable. Your comparison is not valid. This is exactly the problem. Society wants to compare being fat with a disability. Granted that there are a small % of people that because of medical reasons are pre-destined to be fat but they are in a small minority. Most of the people just don't eat right and exercise enough and that should be discouraged.

I would say that Byguflien gets enough exercise considering that he's a hockey player. So he's a big guy. If he can play, so what?

How many football players are over 300? Quite a few. If you're not an athlete, what does it matter? Health? Sure health is an issue, but it's not the be-all and end-all. Mental health also kills, as we've seen recently. Average people get sick too. Being average-weight lowers your risk, most certainly, but not everyone is average.

If you're saying that being the way a person is is NOT ok, then that is bias, no matter how you look at it. You are choosing to say that one person is ok and another is not based on appearance and physical description.

I know on Torch Lake it is socially acceptable to drink and drive drunk on the lake since the drinking limit is higher than the road and it is legal to drink and drive. Hell, I've never even heard of anyone getting arrested on this lake for being too drunk to drive and Torch is quite the party lake. Those cops must have had it out for him or he must be the worst boater of all time.

Here's a problem with being fat that affects everyone: It is gluttonous. Fat people don't need all that food. There are billions of people on this planet starving, and being fat and eating more than you need not only steals a meal off a starving child's plate in Africa or India, but indirectly raises food prices domestically. If you think that is ok, then you need a lesson in ethics.

Here's a problem with being fat that affects everyone: It is gluttonous. Fat people don't need all that food. There are billions of people on this planet starving, and being fat and eating more than you need not only steals a meal off a starving child's plate in Africa or India, but indirectly raises food prices domestically. If you think that is ok, then you need a lesson in ethics.

Please tell me you're a troll.

you dick, just think of all that oxygen you're stealing from emphysema patients right now!

How big is your house or apartment? I assume not more than a max of 150 square feet, evevn that seems a bit excessive, no? Do you own more than a couple very basic outfits of clothing? I assume you also don't own a car either, correct? Wait...why are you on the internet right now?

My point? Shut the f*** up you hypocrite. You live a gluttonous life of essentially unnessessary excess, just like the rest of us. Dumbass.

How big is your house or apartment? I assume not more than a max of 150 square feet, evevn that seems a bit excessive, no? Do you own more than a couple very basic outfits of clothing? I assume you also don't own a car either, correct? Wait...why are you on the internet right now?

My point? Shut the f*** up you hypocrite. You live a gluttonous life of essentially unnessessary excess, just like the rest of us. Dumbass.

I'm assuming the post you quoted was not meant seriously, and was making fun of the comments earlier in the thread.

Either that, or we are headed for Armageddon as someone has breached the Eighth Level of Stupid.

He's from Minnesota. It's a Minnesota thing.

and he's coming to Winnipeg....no different here. he's gonna do alot more drunk boating here and possibly drunken other things.

on a side note, i think it's hilarious and am glad big Buff is a Jet. i'm rather pissed that my boss didn't call me at home on my last day of holidays to tell me the Jets were unveiling their jerseys here at 17 Wing and i could have gone and watched....even thogh Byufglien wasn't in attendance, it would have been pretty cool.

At least im not fat, and f*** you.

At least im not fat, and f*** you.

Guest 13GoWings40

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Legalities-of-Dustin-Byfuglien-8217-s-8216-bo;_ylt=AiD8uo0fIkGPAUTE5x493_N7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp12467

So it turns out he's facing charges after all

Byfuglien's lawyer Mitch Robinson, who said that Byfuglien passed a breathalyzer test with a 0.03, under the legal limit in Minnesota of 0.08. From the Free Press:

"For whatever reason the officer felt he needed further chemical tests from Dustin. So he took Dustin into custody, placed him under arrest and transported him to the sheriff's department and then asked him to take a urine test," said Robinson. "In Minnesota, it's a crime to refuse to take a test when lawfully requested by a police officer to do so. Dustin had received bad advice and the advice he had previously received was to never take a test. That's bad advice. He refused to take the test.

"If he would have taken a blood or urine test he could have definitely proved he was not under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. Once he refuses, that's it, the officer fills out the paper work. You've refused and that's in itself a crime. They don't have to prove Dustin was intoxicated, they don't have to prove he even had anything to drink. All they have to show is he was lawfully requested to take a test and he refused. So that's what we're dealing with now."

Minneapolis criminal defense attorney Jeffrey Schiek said that the refusal to take a urine test is "very difficult to defend" unless there are mitigating circumstances like a health issue.

This is so stupid. He's getting charged because he refused to take a test after he had already taken one?? I realize it's a different kind of test but still!