• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

If he weighs in at 286 lbs. he needs to stop the beer and start drinking water.

Damn. Lions could use him for some more D-line depth at that weight.

#22 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

Geez he's fat. But yeah, he has always been fat. :hehe:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#23 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

So I was thinking, has there ever been a 300 lb NHL player? Being that large has gotta cost you speed, but imagine getting hit by that train!

#24 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

So I was thinking, has there ever been a 300 lb NHL player? Being that large has gotta cost you speed, but imagine getting hit by that train!

I peeked around at a few Q&A sites (totally unreliable) but they all have Buffy, Chara, Boogaard, and Jon Scott as the heaviest weighing in between 255 and 270 pounds.

Pffft. I weighed that in third grade. Ooooh, another thought for the "I could have made it in the NHL" thread!

#25 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

He only eats what he catches.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#26 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

isn't Murray around 250-260 lbs ?

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

OMFG! I can't believe you people are making fun of fat people!!! If someone chooses to be fat they shouldn't have to face ridicule on some message board by a bunch of self righteous jerks who don't agree with their lifestyle!!! Grow up!!!!!!!!!!!

Equality for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

esteef

lulz

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

In case you haven't been paying attention...It is now socially acceptable to be fat. THAT is the real problem.
Do or do not. There is no try

#29 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

In case you haven't been paying attention...It is now socially acceptable to be fat. THAT is the real problem.

Are you serious?
We've finally gotten to the point where it is socially acceptable to be of any race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or gender. We have gotten rid of the stigma associated with mental illness, addiction, and disability, and now we have to deal with someone who thinks it's not ok to be fat?

We still have work to do.

Poor Buf. First the poster child for black players, now the poster child for fat players.

#30 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Are you serious?
We've finally gotten to the point where it is socially acceptable to be of any race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or gender. We have gotten rid of the stigma associated with mental illness, addiction, and disability, and now we have to deal with someone who thinks it's not ok to be fat?

We still have work to do.

Poor Buf. First the poster child for black players, now the poster child for fat players.

It is NOT ok to be fat. It is unhealthy. It has nothing to do with bias. If you are fat you are not healthy and in 99% of the cases it is preventable.

None of the things you mentioned above are preventable. Your comparison is not valid. This is exactly the problem. Society wants to compare being fat with a disability. Granted that there are a small % of people that because of medical reasons are pre-destined to be fat but they are in a small minority. Most of the people just don't eat right and exercise enough and that should be discouraged.
Do or do not. There is no try

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

It is NOT ok to be fat. It is unhealthy. It has nothing to do with bias. If you are fat you are not healthy and in 99% of the cases it is preventable.

None of the things you mentioned above are preventable. Your comparison is not valid. This is exactly the problem. Society wants to compare being fat with a disability. Granted that there are a small % of people that because of medical reasons are pre-destined to be fat but they are in a small minority. Most of the people just don't eat right and exercise enough and that should be discouraged.

I would say that Byguflien gets enough exercise considering that he's a hockey player. So he's a big guy. If he can play, so what?

How many football players are over 300? Quite a few. If you're not an athlete, what does it matter? Health? Sure health is an issue, but it's not the be-all and end-all. Mental health also kills, as we've seen recently. Average people get sick too. Being average-weight lowers your risk, most certainly, but not everyone is average.

If you're saying that being the way a person is is NOT ok, then that is bias, no matter how you look at it. You are choosing to say that one person is ok and another is not based on appearance and physical description.

#32 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

The League just loves off-season headshots.

I like the rolls of fat on the back of his neck.

Sexy.

#33 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

I wonder if he's been in contact with Sean Avery's lawyer.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

I know on Torch Lake it is socially acceptable to drink and drive drunk on the lake since the drinking limit is higher than the road and it is legal to drink and drive. Hell, I've never even heard of anyone getting arrested on this lake for being too drunk to drive and Torch is quite the party lake. Those cops must have had it out for him or he must be the worst boater of all time.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

It happens! Maybe Buff was hangin with his old buddy Patty Kane and they were throwing back a few on his boat! Ya know reliving the old times in Chicago!

#36 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

:facepalm:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#37 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

I think the bigger problem is the rumor that he is currently weighing in at 286 pounds.

I can't believe he's put on all that weight. A big LOL...

#38 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

Here's a problem with being fat that affects everyone: It is gluttonous. Fat people don't need all that food. There are billions of people on this planet starving, and being fat and eating more than you need not only steals a meal off a starving child's plate in Africa or India, but indirectly raises food prices domestically. If you think that is ok, then you need a lesson in ethics.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

Here's a problem with being fat that affects everyone: It is gluttonous. Fat people don't need all that food. There are billions of people on this planet starving, and being fat and eating more than you need not only steals a meal off a starving child's plate in Africa or India, but indirectly raises food prices domestically. If you think that is ok, then you need a lesson in ethics.

Please tell me you're a troll.

#40 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

you dick, just think of all that oxygen you're stealing from emphysema patients right now!
Posted Image