72 replies to this topic

#41 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Posted Image

The League just loves off-season headshots.

that second one could be a poignant album cover.
Posted Image

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

The wheels of the judicial system edge oh, so slowly in MN, don't they?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Here's a problem with being fat that affects everyone: It is gluttonous. Fat people don't need all that food. There are billions of people on this planet starving, and being fat and eating more than you need not only steals a meal off a starving child's plate in Africa or India, but indirectly raises food prices domestically. If you think that is ok, then you need a lesson in ethics.

How big is your house or apartment? I assume not more than a max of 150 square feet, evevn that seems a bit excessive, no? Do you own more than a couple very basic outfits of clothing? I assume you also don't own a car either, correct? Wait...why are you on the internet right now?

My point? Shut the f*** up you hypocrite. You live a gluttonous life of essentially unnessessary excess, just like the rest of us. Dumbass.

#44 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,921 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

How big is your house or apartment? I assume not more than a max of 150 square feet, evevn that seems a bit excessive, no? Do you own more than a couple very basic outfits of clothing? I assume you also don't own a car either, correct? Wait...why are you on the internet right now?

My point? Shut the f*** up you hypocrite. You live a gluttonous life of essentially unnessessary excess, just like the rest of us. Dumbass.

I'm assuming the post you quoted was not meant seriously, and was making fun of the comments earlier in the thread.

Either that, or we are headed for Armageddon as someone has breached the Eighth Level of Stupid.

#45 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Half the world is nuts and the other half is crazy.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

He's from Minnesota. It's a Minnesota thing.

and he's coming to Winnipeg....no different here. he's gonna do alot more drunk boating here and possibly drunken other things.

on a side note, i think it's hilarious and am glad big Buff is a Jet. i'm rather pissed that my boss didn't call me at home on my last day of holidays to tell me the Jets were unveiling their jerseys here at 17 Wing and i could have gone and watched....even thogh Byufglien wasn't in attendance, it would have been pretty cool.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

At least im not fat, and f*** you.

#48 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nhl-wp12467

So it turns out he's facing charges after all

Byfuglien's lawyer Mitch Robinson, who said that Byfuglien passed a breathalyzer test with a 0.03, under the legal limit in Minnesota of 0.08. From the Free Press:

"For whatever reason the officer felt he needed further chemical tests from Dustin. So he took Dustin into custody, placed him under arrest and transported him to the sheriff's department and then asked him to take a urine test," said Robinson. "In Minnesota, it's a crime to refuse to take a test when lawfully requested by a police officer to do so. Dustin had received bad advice and the advice he had previously received was to never take a test. That's bad advice. He refused to take the test.

"If he would have taken a blood or urine test he could have definitely proved he was not under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. Once he refuses, that's it, the officer fills out the paper work. You've refused and that's in itself a crime. They don't have to prove Dustin was intoxicated, they don't have to prove he even had anything to drink. All they have to show is he was lawfully requested to take a test and he refused. So that's what we're dealing with now."

Minneapolis criminal defense attorney Jeffrey Schiek said that the refusal to take a urine test is "very difficult to defend" unless there are mitigating circumstances like a health issue.

#49 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

even if you're not fat, i'd rather be fat than an *******.
Posted Image

#50 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Legalities-of-Dustin-Byfuglien-8217-s-8216-bo;_ylt=AiD8uo0fIkGPAUTE5x493_N7vLYF?urn=nhl-wp12467

So it turns out he's facing charges after all

This is so stupid. He's getting charged because he refused to take a test after he had already taken one?? I realize it's a different kind of test but still!

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

Winnipeg Free Press.

#52 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

TSN.

Oh, so clear.

#53 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

I would be eating/drinking my sorrows away if I was playing for the Jets. .

Can't be worse than playing in a non-hockey market like Atlanta.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

TSN.

Oh, so clear.

"Mr. Byfuglien stated that he had taken a muscle relaxer earlier that day, but that he could not remember the name of the muscle relaxer," the documents say. "Mr. Byfuglien stated that he takes a 'handful' of supplements from 16 or 17 different bottles every day and that he does not know the names of the supplements."

I'm normally a pretty live and let live kinda guy, but the league needs to put its foot down hard on this s***. We had a player die this summer from taking pills, and now this comes out. The league needs address this before it becomes any more prevalent than it already is.

#55 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm normally a pretty live and let live kinda guy, but the league needs to put its foot down hard on this s***. We had a player die this summer from taking pills, and now this comes out. The league needs address this before it becomes any more prevalent than it already is.

Maybe that is part of the reason for his refusal to take the blood test (i.e. results of the test would have shown something). This probably wouldn't have been good news when it comes to league discipline, but right now, there is nothing that shows he took anything illegal, so really no matter for the league to address (I'm guessing), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a legal issue to deal with as noted. Pretty serious legal issue.

#56 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

A new cable TV show in the 'Peg: "Breakfast with Buff".

With his recent "alledged" weight problem, wouldn't muscle relaxants take a long time to kick in?

#57 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,921 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

With his recent "alledged" weight problem, wouldn't muscle relaxants take a long time to kick in?

Not necessarily. I weigh more than he does and they knock me right out. Cold. But then, I'm a wuss.

I figured there had to be more to the story than just drinking. Drinking and boating in Minnesota is almost like drinking and tubing. You can't have one without the other.

#58 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Maybe that is part of the reason for his refusal to take the blood test (i.e. results of the test would have shown something). This probably wouldn't have been good news when it comes to league discipline, but right now, there is nothing that shows he took anything illegal, so really no matter for the league to address (I'm guessing), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a legal issue to deal with as noted. Pretty serious legal issue.

In my opinion it is more an issue for the league than for law enforcement. The pills he took may have been prescribed legally, but the league has more to consider than just legality, it has its image. The NHL has proven in the past that it will suspend people for nothing more than making an ass of themselves and making the league look bad (Avery's "sloppy seconds" comments, Boynton's throat slashing gesture, etc.). For some reason, abusing pain killers has become an issue that is more prominent in the NHL than other professional sports and I believe that it is up to the league to stop this before hockey players popping pills becomes as synonymous as baseball players chewing tobacco. If it were up to me, I would propose a rule like, for example, any player who is charged in an incident involving an illicit or regulated substance will receive an automatic 1 game suspension and $25,000 fine, and have it escalate from there. That way it doesn't become a witch hunt with random urine testing and the like, but if you use a substance and are unable to do so in a responsible manner there should be consequences.

#59 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

Winnipeg should do themselves a favour and deal him now rather than later; possibly, the Chicago organization knew something others didn't.

#60 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

TSN.