• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 13GoWings40

Byfuglien Arrested for Drunken Boating

Rate this topic

Guest 13GoWings40

TSN.

Oh, so clear.

"Mr. Byfuglien stated that he had taken a muscle relaxer earlier that day, but that he could not remember the name of the muscle relaxer," the documents say. "Mr. Byfuglien stated that he takes a 'handful' of supplements from 16 or 17 different bottles every day and that he does not know the names of the supplements."

I'm normally a pretty live and let live kinda guy, but the league needs to put its foot down hard on this s***. We had a player die this summer from taking pills, and now this comes out. The league needs address this before it becomes any more prevalent than it already is.

I'm normally a pretty live and let live kinda guy, but the league needs to put its foot down hard on this s***. We had a player die this summer from taking pills, and now this comes out. The league needs address this before it becomes any more prevalent than it already is.

Maybe that is part of the reason for his refusal to take the blood test (i.e. results of the test would have shown something). This probably wouldn't have been good news when it comes to league discipline, but right now, there is nothing that shows he took anything illegal, so really no matter for the league to address (I'm guessing), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a legal issue to deal with as noted. Pretty serious legal issue.

With his recent "alledged" weight problem, wouldn't muscle relaxants take a long time to kick in?

Not necessarily. I weigh more than he does and they knock me right out. Cold. But then, I'm a wuss.

I figured there had to be more to the story than just drinking. Drinking and boating in Minnesota is almost like drinking and tubing. You can't have one without the other.

Guest 13GoWings40

Maybe that is part of the reason for his refusal to take the blood test (i.e. results of the test would have shown something). This probably wouldn't have been good news when it comes to league discipline, but right now, there is nothing that shows he took anything illegal, so really no matter for the league to address (I'm guessing), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a legal issue to deal with as noted. Pretty serious legal issue.

In my opinion it is more an issue for the league than for law enforcement. The pills he took may have been prescribed legally, but the league has more to consider than just legality, it has its image. The NHL has proven in the past that it will suspend people for nothing more than making an ass of themselves and making the league look bad (Avery's "sloppy seconds" comments, Boynton's throat slashing gesture, etc.). For some reason, abusing pain killers has become an issue that is more prominent in the NHL than other professional sports and I believe that it is up to the league to stop this before hockey players popping pills becomes as synonymous as baseball players chewing tobacco. If it were up to me, I would propose a rule like, for example, any player who is charged in an incident involving an illicit or regulated substance will receive an automatic 1 game suspension and $25,000 fine, and have it escalate from there. That way it doesn't become a witch hunt with random urine testing and the like, but if you use a substance and are unable to do so in a responsible manner there should be consequences.

Just plea to disorderly conduct, pay the fine, and move on. There's only conjecture to go on. Dustin must have some super idiotic friends and/or legal council to still be dealing with this.

Thats not what they wanted him to plea to. They want him to plea guilty for refusing the blood and urine test, which in that state is apparantly a semi major offense, with a max of 1 year jail, and a likelyhood of at least some time in jail if he were to plead guilty.

Unfortunatley for Buff, he didn't know that refusing the test would be by far the most major offense he committed, but like they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse.