• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Brendan Smith Interview

Rate this topic

I agree that he is the next Kronwall, except just a bigger version. Same great strengths as Kronners, but same flaws and inconsistency in the defensive game that will frustrate. Great, great prospect, has so much confidence which helps a lot.

I agree that he is the next Kronwall, except just a bigger version. Same great strengths as Kronners, but same flaws and inconsistency in the defensive game that will frustrate. Great, great prospect, has so much confidence which helps a lot.

The exact same knock that Kronwall had coming into the league

maturity used 2 be peoples biggest problem with this guy, but over the past year, year and a hald, you can tell his maturity level has gone through the roof.

Agreed. You can really tell that he's focused his attention completely to hockey now. The partying and the attitude issues seem to have gone out the window. Good on him.

The next Kronwall except Canadian and willing to throw the gloves off and pound your face in :clap:

yeah but he played ncaa so that is a small knock on him, that means he will probably be willing to throw cheapshot hits more than drop the gloves, ala abby

yeah but he played ncaa so that is a small knock on him, that means he will probably be willing to throw cheapshot hits more than drop the gloves, ala abby

Yeah but Smith has played some Canadian Junior hockey and comes from a tough as nails family. Check out his bro Rory Smith on youtube for the National Lacrosse league.

Smith is a natural fighter, could become a solid light heavyweight depending on how much he decides to fight and if he bulks up. But if hes throwing cheapshots, Smith will be more than willing to back it up, hes much tougher than Abby (who is startig to come along)

Yeah but Smith has played some Canadian Junior hockey and comes from a tough as nails family. Check out his bro Rory Smith on youtube for the National Lacrosse league.

Smith is a natural fighter, could become a solid light heavyweight depending on how much he decides to fight and if he bulks up. But if hes throwing cheapshots, Smith will be more than willing to back it up, hes much tougher than Abby (who is startig to come along)

i think him playing canadian junior helped him with fighting a bit even though he wasn't there long, but just because he is canadian doesn't mean he will be a better fighter naturally

I really hope we see him in a Red Wings sweater this year.

Unless it's just in a call up situation for some seasoning and a black ace appearance, I really hope we don't see him in the Winged Wheel this season just because I want him to log MAJOR minutes in all situations in GR and be ready to play everyday next year...

i think him playing canadian junior helped him with fighting a bit even though he wasn't there long, but just because he is canadian doesn't mean he will be a better fighter naturally

Play the odds and Im pretty sure it will, being brought up in the roughest minor hockey leagues in the world will do that. Its not the natinoality, its the development of players that will do that

Bats*** crazy about this kid wearing the Winged wheel sweater. A nice throwback with good skill set and will throw the weight, #2 shirt, coming right uuuuuup.

Glad you're going to rock Smith's sweater, but I'm pretty sure he'll be picking a number other than #2 given recent events :( (assuming it was even open, given Fish's situation)

Edited by Uncle Danny

I think he will see a hand ful of games this year unless he absolutely KILLS it in training camp and beats out Kindl and Commodore...

but next season he will be up for sure, fit right into the top 4 and be a finalist for the Calder...

cant ******* WAIT for this kid to explode

Glad you're going to rock Smith's sweater, but I'm pretty sure he'll be picking a number other than #2 given recent events :( (assuming it was even open, given Fish's situation)

My thoughts as well, 2 WAS open before the loss of Beast, as I'm pretty sure Fisch actually ok'ed it (Smith wore it in pre-season last year), but I have to imagine they're going to take it out of circulation in memory of Beast, as they will probably do with 24 for a little bit as well...I checked into this and the Brunnstrom thread yesterday, just to try and take my mind of the tragedy and I really can't even comment on these threads without thinking about it... it's hard to discuss anything else on this board right now...

I'm actually mildly surprised 2, 16 and 24 aren't just out of circulation now.

2 for Fischer and McCrimmon, 16 for Vladdy, 24 for Probert and Salei, not to mention the good that Cheli did wearing it.

I doubt we'll see anyone in any of those three for a long time.

I can still see number 2 being open even with all the recent events that have taken place. Mcrimmon made his name as a coach for the wings, not playing 3 seasons as a journeyman on the roster.

His situation is different than that of Fish, Probie etc