• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedArmy

McCrimmon, Salei on board Russian plane crash

Rate this topic

UNCONFIRMED

I read on HFBoards that there is a report that Ruslan Salei was NOT on board, but was already in Minsk waiting for the team's arrival. Once again, that is unconfirmed.

Correct, that's the speculation right now.

Also, Colby Armstrong's brother Riley is signed by Yaroslavl but was not on the plane as he's attending an AHL training camp.

UNCONFIRMED

I read on HFBoards that there is a report that Ruslan Salei was NOT on board, but was already in Minsk waiting for the team's arrival. Once again, that is unconfirmed.

Please don't get our hopes up... this is a tragedy any way you cut it, but if Salei was not on this plane, that will be a silver lining to a VERY dark cloud, I can't help but feel especially ill about Salei, seeing as he JUST had a baby, something about a baby having to live without their father from such a young age, just REALLY cuts like a knife to me...

Perhaps related, perhaps not.

Via Detroit Red Wings on Twitter:

Nick Lidstrom is expected to make a statement to the media following the Red Wings informal skate at Joe Louis Arena this morning.

We were just there - in that very town - last summer. It is a beautiful area, with beautiful churches. I had photos on here of the area about three months ago but I don't know how to retrieve them. I can picture it, and the Volga River. Oh, how hideous. How unbelievable. I do not want to think Salei is gone too.

I hope it's true that atleast Salei wasn't on the plane. But even that would be a small comfort because this is absolutely horrible.

I've sometimes thought about how much hockey teams fly back and forth and feared something like this would happen, but it's still kind of unthinkable..

Damn, Stefan Liv, Brad Mccrimmon, Pavol Demitra.. and so many others :(

edit: so Salei was onboard as well.. f***.. I want to throw up.

Edited by dat's sick

This has been a very very tragic off season for hockey. There will be a lot of heavy hearts in the league this year. I wonder how many patches the NHL will allow certain teams to wear.

This has been a very very tragic off season for hockey. There will be a lot of heavy hearts in the league this year. I wonder how many patches the NHL will allow certain teams to wear.

For sure this will be extra hard on many Detroit players and staff. McCrimmon, Salei and even Liv..

The fact that this doesn't happen more often is rather astonishing if you think about how many professional sports teams there are in the world, and how often they have to fly.

Is this the first time since the Marshall tragedy that something like this happened?

The fact that this doesn't happen more often is rather astonishing if you think about how many professional sports teams there are in the world, and how often they have to fly.

Is this the first time since the Marshall tragedy that something like this happened?

Oklahoma State basketball team several years ago

There was the Oklahoma State basketball crash not too long ago.

Uncomfirmed reports that Galimov isn't going to survive due to the extent of his burns.

Edited by DesertWing