• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedArmy

McCrimmon, Salei on board Russian plane crash

Rate this topic

The music in the video isn't great but the moment was.

:hysterical: That is it!

This is how we celebrate the man. Who cares what people believe, whether there is a Heaven or whether there is not. We measure men on what they brought to (and left behind) this world. Brad McCrimmmon 1959-2011. My personal philosophy is, it's not the numbers or the dates on that statement, 1959 or 2011, the most important part is the dash in between. The dash in between represents the life you lived, the people you've touched, the things you did to better this world and leave a mark before you depart. Brad McCrimmon brought joy to his family, helped a city feel the joy of becoming a Champion, he taught many young players how to play the game, he left a permanent imprint on the greatest game on Earth. Brad McCrimmon made my life better by being an NHL player, he made the NHL better by his contributions on and off the ice. He made his family's life better by being a man of honor and doing what he thought he had to do to better his family's future. He gave his life pursuing that dream that most of us are too afraid or too busy to attempt. He left this Earth way too early, but he left this Earth being what he was meant to be. He left this Earth, completing his Dash, his name will live on, his honor will live on. It's how you live your Dash is what is important. You could live 20 years or 100 years, if you lived your Dash in a way where people loved you, remember you, if the world is a better place because of you and if the life you lived touched someone, somewhere at sometime, then you lived your Dash, you completed your goals, you have realized the meaning of life...Life...

Can't even bear to look at the pictures or footage of this tragedy.

Yeah, you're better off not. The pics from yahoo were really bad and tasteless.

Edited by wingnut40

You must have some Irish blood. That's how my family (at least my father's side) tends to handle things. We're formal and proper for the services, but afterwards, let the stories and draft flow.

I am, as a matter of fact, Irish and Scottish. So it's that Celtic blood, you know. We have a tendency to see things in certain ways.

I want to just say how sad this made me.

Especially for the nearly newborn child of Ruslan. That is awful how that child will never know their parent.

I also wish the headline for this thread was about the team tragedy and not the few people that we are supposed to care about. It implies that we wouldn't care about it unless there were former Wings on the plane. That irks me a little. Not to cause a big to do, I just want to remind people that there are 38 families that will suffer in this. As well as one BIG hockey family.

I still have tears in my eyes. This is going to take a long time to heal. For all of us. Doesn't matter which team, or who we admired. All of us have lost a loved one...I feel for our brothers and sisters in the other cities who lost a beloved member of their team...St. Louis, Vancouver, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, New York, Florida, Phoenix, Calgary, Toronto...until you look at the list of teams these guys played for, you don't realize the impact this loss has on us all.

I want to just say how sad this made me.

Especially for the nearly newborn child of Ruslan. That is awful how that child will never know their parent.

I also wish the headline for this thread was about the team tragedy and not the few people that we are supposed to care about. It implies that we wouldn't care about it unless there were former Wings on the plane. That irks me a little. Not to cause a big to do, I just want to remind people that there are 38 families that will suffer in this. As well as one BIG hockey family.

I agree, but on that note, lets not forget about the flight crew members as well. There were 44 or 45 people total onboard I beleive, not just the 38 from Lokomotiv. The crew members families are suffering just as much I'm sure...

I still have tears in my eyes. This is going to take a long time to heal. For all of us. Doesn't matter which team, or who we admired. All of us have lost a loved one...I feel for our brothers and sisters in the other cities who lost a beloved member of their team...St. Louis, Vancouver, Carolina, Colorado, Dallas, New York, Florida, Phoenix, Calgary, Toronto...until you look at the list of teams these guys played for, you don't realize the impact this loss has on us all.

Amen hun :( This has been an absolutely horrific 24 hours.. I still don't think it's fully sunken in with me right now. My brother gave me a heads up as I left the house yesterday afternoon and when I got home I finally saw the list of the deceased and I choked up the minute I saw Brad and Rusty on there.

Not for the next guy, it's not.

Russian officials, including Medvedev and Putin personally, always call to fix stuff, punish the responsible, tighten the security, etc. every freaking time a fatal accident happens. But with all the corruption that became a norm in Russian society what happens next, someone pays someone else to put a bad plane, train or boat in service, so they can make even more money while saving on maintenance costs. And, unfortunately, this is not the last transportation accident in Russia we have heard or are going to hear about. Don't know how many of you follow the news but there was a ship that sank in Volga river in July of this year with 122 confirmed deaths, 50 of those are children. Same freaking story, old ship, no maintenance done. People in Russia will talk about this particular accident for a few days and forget about it until the next one happens which, believe me, will not take that long. This is the list of all fatal air incidents that happened in Russia over the last 5 years - Russian Air Incidents, about 2 per month, 7 total in July of this year. Most of them we don't hear about because they don't involve the entire hockey team. This is why I'm always surprised when someone leaves NHL to play in KHL where I know they will face so many problems, safety being one of them.

Everyones favorite hockey news source

Basically asks for every team to volunteer up 3 players to join the Lokomotiv team so they can play this season.

My personal opinion is that they should take the year off and do this next year. I think its a little disrespectful to the players to think they could be replaced in about a week to continue the season. Plus, who the hell would want to go there and be a part of this "scab" team.

Plus, who the hell would want to go there and be a part of this "scab" team.

I read earlier today that at least 30 KHL players had already volunteered to play for Lokomotiv.

Edited by DesertWing