• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedArmy

McCrimmon, Salei on board Russian plane crash

Rate this topic

most of the players will berried tomorrow in Yaroslavl...so sad...

as to the cause of this crash...the most recent theory is very bizarre (yet me living in Russia, i know crap like this can happen, everything for the gov. officials and screw the rest)...

There is Economic forum in Yaroslavl right now...and as the result the speculations are that Yak 42 was not given full access to the entire runway (3000m), look at the video http://www.lifenews.ru/news/69096 , the camera is 400m away from the end of the runway...

apparently they were making some sort of preparations on the runway for presidential plane...so the runway was shorten...no idea by how much...

this is the rumor and no one will ever admit to this...

Edited by lans

Guest 13GoWings40

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmmTwpxfeoVfKe3VteuB6gV7vLYF?slug=nc-cotsonika_nhl_reacts_khl_lokomotiv_crash_090811

“You talk about hockey now?” Datsyuk says, not angry, just sullen. “I don’t really want to talk about hockey. My mind is different now. I don’t think about hockey. I have no idea what’s going on in hockey.”

Datsyuk sort of laughs.

“Not now,” he says. “This is really hard and bad news.”

Datsyuk said everyone in Russia was talking about the need to spend more money so travel would be safer. Russian president Dmitry Medvedev has called for immediate changes in Russia’s aviation industry. Halak doesn’t care.

“It’s too late right now,” Halak said. “So many people died on the plane. They should have done it before, if they knew that the planes were in bad condition. They should have done it before or checked more often. I don’t know. But it could happened with a new plane, with an old plane, you never know when you’re safe.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmmTwpxfeoVfKe3VteuB6gV7vLYF?slug=nc-cotsonika_nhl_reacts_khl_lokomotiv_crash_090811

“You talk about hockey now?” Datsyuk says, not angry, just sullen. “I don’t really want to talk about hockey. My mind is different now. I don’t think about hockey. I have no idea what’s going on in hockey.”

Datsyuk sort of laughs.

“Not now,” he says. “This is really hard and bad news.”

I'm honestly amazed Pavel's listed for Hockeyfest. I know I wouldn't blame him for taking a weekend off to collect himself, go home and be with family.

Absolutely incredible.

Also, can a mod or the poster edit the topic. There are 2 survivors and I find it uneasy that it states only one at this time.

They noticed a man chest-deep in the water making for the shore and initially thought he may have been a fisherman who happened to be at the scene, but then realized this was one of the crash survivors.

It took the policemen some time to maneuver their boat closer to the bank, because the river was very shallow there. While they were moving in to pick up the burnt man, another person wearing a flight crew uniform emerged. He was trying to drag out somebody also dressed in uniform from the debris, grabbing him by the shoulders.

By that time rescuers from the airport arrived and picked up the crew member. The river policemen took care of the first survivor.

“We were talking to him the whole time to keep him conscious. He was very brave and in touch with reality. Only when we lifted stretchers to load him into an ambulance did we ask his name. He said: ‘Brothers, I’m Galimov’,” Konoplev recalled.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

Absolutely incredible.

They noticed a man chest-deep in the water making for the shore and initially thought he may have been a fisherman who happened to be at the scene, but then realized this was one of the crash survivors.

It took the policemen some time to maneuver their boat closer to the bank, because the river was very shallow there. While they were moving in to pick up the burnt man, another person wearing a flight crew uniform emerged. He was trying to drag out somebody also dressed in uniform from the debris, grabbing him by the shoulders.

By that time rescuers from the airport arrived and picked up the crew member. The river policemen took care of the first survivor.

“We were talking to him the whole time to keep him conscious. He was very brave and in touch with reality. Only when we lifted stretchers to load him into an ambulance did we ask his name. He said: ‘Brothers, I’m Galimov’,” Konoplev recalled.

Can you provide the source for this?

Can you provide the source for this?

I have read basically the same story on a few different sites only differing who actually brought Galimov to the shore; some say fishermen some say police (both the fishermen and police were heroic in both bringing the crew member and Galimov safely to shore)

Here is the exact story I quoted:

http://rt.com/news/plane-crash-site-witness-163/

Idk if this has been posted yet. its pretty moving.

Everyone remember to keep these families in your prayers...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Dynamo-Minsk-8217-s-hockey-funeral-for-L?urn=nhl-wp12157

Here's the video embedded.

Surreal and heartbreaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8YPm_tYXA&feature=player_embedded#!

R.I.P. LOKO PLAYERS...TRIBUTE...

....at 1.49 is the player that survived...Galimov, I hope he makes it

so many countries lost their palyers today...Czech's lost first line from last world cup, where they took gold

we lost some young talented players including Sobchenco andUruchev...they were part of the World Juniors team that won gold medal game against Canadians this year...

from what I have read here (Russia), Salei was on the plane...

btw the plane was charter V.I.P., this was not regularflight...the plane was not old like some of you said, manufactured in1994, believe it or not by aviation standard this is far from old...

also with regard to banned Russian jets, most russian jets are banned to due to higher noise levels as well as higher emission levels...does not mean they can't fly...

This video made me cringe! My father worked with Lokomotiv back home in Russia, and I've been a wings fan for years! Absolutely devastating....so many young lives lost...such a waste!

http://macombdaily.com/articles/2011/09/09/sports/srv0000013722514.txt

Apparently Joey MacDonald almost signed with Locomitv, but decided on the Wings offer instead. I'll bet he's glad he settled for a spot in GR

On Wednesday, about an hour after hearing about the crash, I was thinking about Joey because I knew he was certainly heading to the KHL before signing with the Wings at the last second. He may not necessarily have signed with Lokomotiv, but in some way, his life was saved.

My heart goes out to Brad McCrimmon's and Ruslan Salei's families, as well as all of the families of the other victims. May they find the peace and strength to survive the loss of their loved ones.

I just watched the funeral mass at the arena clip, and cried all the way through it. I couldn't watch it at work, as no one there would have understood why I was crying my eyes out.

This may be the saddest thing I've ever seen... so senseless and tragic. Rest in peace, all, you will be remembered.

Confirmed dead? I'm pretty sure everyone (excluding Galimov and the crew member) have already been confirmed dead. Or have the news not reach USA yet?

There was some speculation that he was not on the plane. I suppose because he was Belarussian and they were landing in Minsk. There was rumour that he had gone separately to visit early. Unfortunately, he was with the team.

I wish they would just leave Dats alone. Everyday theres another interview with him. He is torn up; leave him to grieve in peace rather hash up his thoughts every 6 hours with the same questions.