• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedArmy

McCrimmon, Salei on board Russian plane crash

Rate this topic

We talked to one of the people at Centre Ice this morning and asked if they were going to have a moment of silence before the Red and White game on Tuesday. They said they didn't know. I begged them to. Hopefully it will happen.

I also got a moment to talk to Drew Miller this morning and asked him if he's leave a red carnation for me. He said he would try to. Bless you, Drew...

How much you want to bet that it will be something totally the opposite of what it really was, just to make someone look incompetent, when in reality it's the whole system that's screwed up?

Preds are wearing a #3 decal on their helmets in memory of Wade. I'm never going to make it through the home opener. I know I'll cry through the whole thing.

that's OK, half the team and many of us will, as well. :( Hope his family is holding up, I feel so bad for them.

Several Russian papers report that "Lokomotiv" captain Ivan Tkachenko has donated 10 mil. roubles (over $300,000) to help children with cancer over last few years. He didn't want anyone, even his family, to know about it. The last 500,000r. he transferred from that plane 15 minutes prior to takeoff...

What a heartbreak. :(

Edited by sibiriak

Guest 13GoWings40

I know someone in this thread called this, the official cause of the accident is listed as "pilot error"

On Wednesday, the news emerged that the investigators are working on the final report on the causes of the crash. The report is set to list pilot error as the cause of the crash.

The testers claim that, when they tried to reproduce such deviation, they were required to take a strain of tens of kilograms in their hands according to the dynamometer. They could allow for it only by pushing their feet into the brake pedal. The pilot managed to keep the same elevating rudder in position at 13 degrees to within a few seconds. In order to provide the required force of 64 kg, the tester had to apply the brakes with full force.

After speeding and installing the elevating rudder in to the regular position of five degrees, the testers simply removed their arms and legs from the machine controls, and the Yak-42 rose into the air with ease.

The report makes absolutely no sense to me Of course the plane was working fine, the pilot just randomly decided to stomp on the rudder pedals at full force? Total CYA by the Russian authorities here. As has been said many times, you could not pay me enough to get on an airplane in Russia

I know someone in this thread called this, the official cause of the accident is listed as "pilot error"

The report makes absolutely no sense to me Of course the plane was working fine, the pilot just randomly decided to stomp on the rudder pedals at full force? Total CYA by the Russian authorities here. As has been said many times, you could not pay me enough to get on an airplane in Russia

I am wondering if a plane took off before it creating wake turbulence.

Guest 13GoWings40

I am wondering if a plane took off before it creating wake turbulence.

That's definitely a possibility, but the cynic in me tends to think it was a mechanical failure. I guess we'll never know for sure

Love that video!! ^^

Found this article a couple months ago. It gives a lot of detail about a couple of the players a coaches. It also gives a lot of detail about the crash and rescue. A lot of detail. There were things that I'd rather not have known. DO NOT read it if you're sensitive to that stuff.

Link

There's also this from Puck Daddy a few days ago

Link

And this was posted in another thread a few weeks ago. Salei's National team retires his jersey.