• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedArmy

McCrimmon, Salei on board Russian plane crash

Rate this topic

My housemate just told me that when one of the players' mothers found out about it, she had a fatal heart attack. The ripples of this just keep getting worse.

I had read that too. The player was Sergei Ostapchuk. Not sure if its true or not, but if so that makes this even that much worse.

What a horrible day. What a horrible summer...

:(

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord;

even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labors.

O God, whose mercies cannot be numbered: Accept our prayers on behalf of thy

servant, and grant an entrance into the land of light and joy, in the fellowship

of thy saints; through Jesus Christ thy Son our Lord, who liveth and reigneth

with thee and the Holy Spirit, on God, now and for ever. Amen.

And here I thought we could get through this without some pretentious religious crap. <_< I'm sure Rusty's 3 1/2 month old son feels really blessed that god killed his dad.

Edited by Z and D for the C

dobbles I love your signature where did you get if I may ask. Also I would take a lost season any day then this s***ty offseason. I was just like a lot of people bitching about mccrimmon and said Salei we should let go, boy I would give all that back right now. It just goes to show you there is way more important stuff then sports. RIP all :'(

Guest 13GoWings40

And here I thought we could get through this without some pretentious religious crap. <_< I'm sure Rusty's 3 1/2 month old son feels really blessed that god killed his dad.

[/quotehave

"Within Russia the results of a 2007 VCIOM poll indicated that about 75% of the population considered themselves Orthodox Christians.[1] Up to 65% of ethnic Russians[4][5] and a similar percentage of Belarusians and Ukrainians identify themselves as "Orthodox".[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox_Church

For the sake of most of those onboard and for those of us on the forum with religious beliefs, some respect please.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox_Church#cite_note-Herit1-3][/url]

Cmon guys, this isn't the time or place for a religious arguement.

Everyone mourns in their own way be it having a few beers with friends and reliving memories, being alone for a while to reflect, or saying prayers.

We should put any differences we might have aside at a times like this.

Agreed completely. It's a shame some people have to flaunt it so arrogantly.

That's enough.

I don't care what those players, those men, believed. I don't care if they believed. Fact of the matter is that there's a team's worth of families missing fathers, husbands, sons, brothers. People are missing friends, teammates, lovers.

For once, for one day, let's all set aside our beliefs and let people grieve as they see fit.

Agreed completely. It's a shame some people have to flaunt it so arrogantly.

Whats a shame is some people cant just ignore it and have to make a big deal about it, and this is coming from a not so religious person.

I cant even imagine what the families are going through. Im just speechless.

I agree with the parties above...this is not the time and place for a religious argument or anything remotely resembling one. This is a time for all of us to reminisce and to share our grief and condolences. By talking and sharing, we somehow lessen the burden we feel. But no religious arguments are needed here. Let us share our feelings and our grief in whatever manner we hope might lend some comfort.

Fact of the matter is that there's a team's worth of families missing fathers, husbands, sons, brothers. People are missing friends, teammates, lovers.

I agree completely. I feel the exact same way you do and I'm just as hollowed out as anyone on this board. Just because I'm offended by people forcing their own beliefs on everyone else means I'm a horrible person who doesn't care? I'm sure I'm going to get massively negged by this, but I want nothing more than people keeping their beliefs to themselves. I'm not the one who brought up my religious beliefs. I don't want to hear that 13GoWings40 believes in god any more than anyone wants to hear I don't. Just as you're all compelled to respond to me, I was compelled to respond to 13GoWings40. Don't get mad at me just because I don't believe in god.

And neither do I want to turn this into a religious debate. If you have something further to say to me, my PM box is always there. Let's end it there.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I agree with the parties above...this is not the time and place for a religious argument or anything remotely resembling one. This is a time for all of us to reminisce and to share our grief and condolences. By talking and sharing, we somehow lessen the burden we feel. But no religious arguments are needed here. Let us share our feelings and our grief in whatever manner we hope might lend some comfort.

You must have some Irish blood. That's how my family (at least my father's side) tends to handle things. We're formal and proper for the services, but afterwards, let the stories and draft flow.

Guest 13GoWings40

I agree completely. I feel the exact same way you do and I'm just as hollowed out as anyone on this board. Just because I'm offended by people forcing their own beliefs on everyone else means I'm a horrible person who doesn't care? I'm sure I'm going to get massively negged by this, but I want nothing more than people keeping their beliefs to themselves. I'm not the one who brought up my religious beliefs. I don't want to hear that 13GoWings40 believes in god any more than anyone wants to hear I don't. Just as you're all compelled to respond to me, I was compelled to respond to 13GoWings40. Don't get mad at me just because I don't believe in god.

And neither do I want to turn this into a religious debate. If you have something further to say to me, my PM box is always there. Let's end it there.

I did not mean to force any religious beliefs on anyone. I happen to not be overly religious, but I do believe in God and I felt this was an appropriate occasion to offer a prayer. I typed "protestant prayer for the dead" into google and "copy & pasted" the first quote that popped up. Again, I wasn't trying to force any beliefs on anyone, I just thought if there was anytime to pray, that time was now. I'm sorry if you took it as anything else.

Edit: On topic, what a horrible tragedy. Condolences to the family and friends of all onboard.

Edited by 13GoWings40

dobbles I love your signature where did you get if I may ask. Also I would take a lost season any day then this s***ty offseason. I was just like a lot of people bitching about mccrimmon and said Salei we should let go, boy I would give all that back right now. It just goes to show you there is way more important stuff then sports. RIP all :'(

found it on another message board and snagged it.

This has been an awful day for the hockey world. I'm still trying to let this all sink in. Hated reading through this thread from the start due to the conflicting reports about Rusty.

Prayers to all of the affected family and friends, and yes there are many to be said to many people. I find it ironic that training camp will be starting soon and hopefully that will help a lot of us get through the healing process as it did after 9/11.

And yes, everyone does mourn in their own way. So let’s just do that. No running satires about what we believe. Seriously folks, a lot of us lost some friends or people that we admired today. Let’s just try to remember them now.

Edited by Vladiator

My god...

I was working all day today so I really didnt have much of a chance to check any hockey news till now, and this hits me right in the face...

I just cant believe this.

Im so sick of saying this, but RIP McCrimmon, Salei and all others on board the plane...

Saw this on the news yesterday, that days tragedy in a world full of tragedys, and absently mindedly wondered if Pavel knew any of the players.

But to come on here and learn that McCrimmon, Salei, Liv, Demitra were on there.....suddenly it hits home. All the stories last year of Salei's pregnant wife in California.... :(

The music in the video isn't great but the moment was.

That is fantastic. I'll tell you right now, if we had Beast in his prime on the defence this past playoffs no way San Jose beats us. Anyone who read Mark Howes interview would realize the impact Brad had on hockey as a player. Sure I didn't believe he was the greatest coach out there, but he was on his way to showing us all whether or not Beast was a worthy HC. Now, he won't ever get the chance. Still late in the night, into the morning, I feel just awful. These were wonderful men living there dreams of playing hockey for profession and now we have to mourn there loses for the rest of the season and beyond. I know one thing, the Red Wings are gonna be pretty goddamn motivated for the upcoming season. The last time a tragedy struck this team so close to the heart.. well we all know the final result the June that followed.