• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#401 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hopefully the Wings honor McCrimmon and Salei in some capacity. Be it a sticker on the helmets or something within the Joe.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#402 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hopefully the Wings honor McCrimmon and Salei in some capacity. Be it a sticker on the helmets or something within the Joe.

I think it would be nice to paint a small tribute to them on the ice at the Joe... if there is room out there, what with the Amway logo, etc. <_<

Decal on the helmets would be nice, as well...

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#403 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image

Halak honoring Demitra on the back of his new mask.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#404 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

We talked to one of the people at Centre Ice this morning and asked if they were going to have a moment of silence before the Red and White game on Tuesday. They said they didn't know. I begged them to. Hopefully it will happen.

I also got a moment to talk to Drew Miller this morning and asked him if he's leave a red carnation for me. He said he would try to. Bless you, Drew...
Posted Image

#405 DmitrifromRussia

DmitrifromRussia

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Today investigation committee reported what was the cause of the crash. Of course they’ll never tell the whole truth because it’s really awful. In these moments I hate living in my country. :(

#406 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

How much you want to bet that it will be something totally the opposite of what it really was, just to make someone look incompetent, when in reality it's the whole system that's screwed up?
Posted Image

#407 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Link

Dallas Stars to wear Skrastins #37 decal on their helmets this season, to honor their fallen team mate. I do hope the Wings do something similar for Brad, Rusty and Stefan.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#408 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Preds are wearing a #3 decal on their helmets in memory of Wade. I'm never going to make it through the home opener. I know I'll cry through the whole thing.

#409 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hopefully the Wings will do something. Glad to see other NHL teams are doing something.

#410 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Preds are wearing a #3 decal on their helmets in memory of Wade. I'm never going to make it through the home opener. I know I'll cry through the whole thing.

that's OK, half the team and many of us will, as well. :( Hope his family is holding up, I feel so bad for them.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#411 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

Several Russian papers report that "Lokomotiv" captain Ivan Tkachenko has donated 10 mil. roubles (over $300,000) to help children with cancer over last few years. He didn't want anyone, even his family, to know about it. The last 500,000r. he transferred from that plane 15 minutes prior to takeoff...
What a heartbreak. :(

Edited by sibiriak, 22 September 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#412 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

DRW Organization needs to do something for the memories of these folks give it be at the home opener or a decal on the back each helmet.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#413 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

Anyone know when the KHL store will have the Lokomotiv shirts available?
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#414 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

http://www.loveforlo...com/donate.html

Don't know if this has been posted but it's a link to a site for bracelets. The proceeds go to the families of the victims. I'm thinking of getting a $10 one.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#415 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

I know someone in this thread called this, the official cause of the accident is listed as "pilot error"

On Wednesday, the news emerged that the investigators are working on the final report on the causes of the crash. The report is set to list pilot error as the cause of the crash.
The testers claim that, when they tried to reproduce such deviation, they were required to take a strain of tens of kilograms in their hands according to the dynamometer. They could allow for it only by pushing their feet into the brake pedal. The pilot managed to keep the same elevating rudder in position at 13 degrees to within a few seconds. In order to provide the required force of 64 kg, the tester had to apply the brakes with full force.

After speeding and installing the elevating rudder in to the regular position of five degrees, the testers simply removed their arms and legs from the machine controls, and the Yak-42 rose into the air with ease.

The report makes absolutely no sense to me Of course the plane was working fine, the pilot just randomly decided to stomp on the rudder pedals at full force? Total CYA by the Russian authorities here. As has been said many times, you could not pay me enough to get on an airplane in Russia

#416 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

I know someone in this thread called this, the official cause of the accident is listed as "pilot error"

The report makes absolutely no sense to me Of course the plane was working fine, the pilot just randomly decided to stomp on the rudder pedals at full force? Total CYA by the Russian authorities here. As has been said many times, you could not pay me enough to get on an airplane in Russia

I am wondering if a plane took off before it creating wake turbulence.

#417 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

I am wondering if a plane took off before it creating wake turbulence.

That's definitely a possibility, but the cynic in me tends to think it was a mechanical failure. I guess we'll never know for sure

#418 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Toronto Star.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#419 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Sweet story, bless them all and their families. Rest in peace, guys. :angel:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#420 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

... great...moment.

His Spirit Lives On.

R.I.P.