• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#421 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

The music in the video isn't great but the moment was.

Haha, the fan looked so shocked all he could do was just slap the glass again haha

RIP Brad and all

#422 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Love that video!! ^^

Found this article a couple months ago. It gives a lot of detail about a couple of the players a coaches. It also gives a lot of detail about the crash and rescue. A lot of detail. There were things that I'd rather not have known. DO NOT read it if you're sensitive to that stuff.
Link

There's also this from Puck Daddy a few days ago
Link

And this was posted in another thread a few weeks ago. Salei's National team retires his jersey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8b5rFFAzHk&list=FLenc9JFM075v53NRs7-oL8Q&feature=mh_lolz
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#423 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Really don't want to bring up this tragic event, but I found this episode of Air Crash Investigations that covers the Lokomotiv tragedy...thought maybe some of you would like to watch the episode...again, RIP Lokomotiv...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#424 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for this, was an interesting watch. Still devastating to remember this. I hope the families are finding some peace somehow.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#425 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

That is so creepy and horrifying to watch. I didn't think it was possible for an airline to be run THAT poorly. Sad

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#426 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Really don't want to bring up this tragic event, but I found this episode of Air Crash Investigations that covers the Lokomotiv tragedy...thought maybe some of you would like to watch the episode...again, RIP Lokomotiv...

GAH!  Blocked in my region :(

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#427 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

That video was very enlightening, thank you for posting!!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#428 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

:( can't believe it's been a little over 2 years since the tragedy. :(

#429 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Still remember the nauseous feeling upon hearing the news. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman