• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#161 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

I read there were 178 of them total, 8 being involved in crashed.

Today. Sucks.

Thanks. I read over 500 people have died while on this plane model.

Tretiak just spoke and stated the Soviet National Team will no longer use Yak-42s.

Edited by egroen, 07 September 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#162 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Thanks.

Tretiak just spoke and stated the Soviet National Team will no longer use Yak-42s.

You Think? Terrible that it took something like this to make Russian hockey teams put a little money/effort into ensuring their teams can travel safely

#163 CupCrazy22

CupCrazy22

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

RIP to all! This has been a horrible summer with so many deaths.

#164 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

So sad, unbelievable.
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#165 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

:butbut: :crybaby:

I am in tears, here... no one in my office would understand why... what a terrible tragedy. Is there no end to the grief and sadness this summer?

RIP, Rusty and Pavol and Brad... I am so sad. :(

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#166 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

Where did you hear this?

Belarus Hockey Federation stated Salei was with team in Yaroslavl and they have been in contact with relatives and have no good news to report. I'll try to find a source, I don't remember where I saw it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#167 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

This is the crappiest offseason ever I am honestly sick to my stomach now, and not knowing for sure if Salei died is just really making this even tougher. :(
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#168 w1ng3dLV

w1ng3dLV

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

NHL Network has stated that Rusty was on the flight. This is too much.
"By 1946, I knew Detroit was the best hockey city in the Original Six." - Ted Lindsay

#169 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

I don't even have the words to describe how distraught and saddened I am by this. I can't remember an off-season for any sport I follow being as horrible as this one was re: death. This season can't start fast enough.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#170 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

I have to stop looking at this, I have to work, and I am bawling my eyes out here. Rest in peace, gentlemen. This was not the fate you deserved.

Bless them all, and their families...

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#171 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Sucks, plain and simple...
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#172 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Apparently the planes were being decommissioned in Russia less than a month from now (Oct. 1), which is two years after the EU deemed then unsafe.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#173 stactum

stactum

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

Video after the crash...

#174 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

Russian media (tv) has stated that Salei was on the plane and the plane crashed because it was over the weight limit. Whoever "checks" these planes before take-off ought to be better trained. Don't most of airplane accidents occur at take off and landing and most could have been prevented...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#175 hellsson

hellsson

Ouch!!

• 46 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

Belarus Hockey Federation stated Salei was with team in Yaroslavl and they have been in contact with relatives and have no good news to report. I'll try to find a source, I don't remember where I saw it.

http://www.freep.com...|text|FRONTPAGE

#176 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Worst offseason in hockey history... RIP to McCrimmon, Salei, Demitra, and all the other players who needlessly lost their lives because of some malfunction or stupid mistake..

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#177 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Rest in Peace Rusty and Brad and all of those on board. Such a horrible tragedy on a horrible scale.

I was supposed to do a ton of work all day, but I don't think I have it in me anymore. Can't stop thinking about this.

My thoughts go out to all of the families and friends of those involved. Can't even imagine how horrible it must be.
Posted Image

#178 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Dinamo Minsk's tribute to the Lokomotiv team is on their website.

http://hcdinamo.by/n...ynamo/1302.html

Posted Image

Russian media (tv) has stated that Salei was on the plane and the plane crashed because it was over the weight limit. Whoever "checks" these planes before take-off ought to be better trained. Don't most of airplane accidents occur at take off and landing and most could have been prevented...

I think a worse fate ought to face this person if the plane was overweight and deemed OK to travel.

#179 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

Bryzgolov said it best: "Я не могу поверить,шок,хочется проснуться". I can not believe it, I am shocked, I want to wake up.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#180 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. This world is so cold. My thoughts and prayers out to all families affected.

My day was alright until I got out of class and read this. Holy s***. I don't even know what else to say.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien