• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Washing my Jerseys

Rate this topic

Is there anything in particular you guys would recommend for washing/pressing a Wings jersey. I'm going to take my Lidstrom jersey up to be signed at the Goalie's Den signing, but I want to make sure it's looking good before I take it as it will get framed shortly after. What would you guys recommend?

If its not actually dirty and just a little wrinkly, i'd just throw it in a dryer on a low setting and see if that takes care of it.

You can also iron it. I've done this before on a couple used jersey's I got on ebay that the numbers weren't very crisp on.

Also you can take it to a dry cleaner's, but I'd try the dryer/iron before you spend money on a dry cleaner.

Is there anything in particular you guys would recommend for washing/pressing a Wings jersey. I'm going to take my Lidstrom jersey up to be signed at the Goalie's Den signing, but I want to make sure it's looking good before I take it as it will get framed shortly after. What would you guys recommend?

When is the Lidstrom signing at the Goalie's Den?

When is the Lidstrom signing at the Goalie's Den?

http://www.thegoaliesden.com/main.html?src=%2F

As far as washing a sweater/Jersey. Woolite with cold water in the sink is probably the safest way to wash. Rinse well in cold water, and hang to dry. You can fluff it in the dryer on air, or low heat for a couple of minutes. A slightly damp towel thrown in for a few minutes with the sweater, will help remove the wrinkles.

I have noticed, that the Reebok sweaters are actually pretty washer friendly. At least in a front loader, on gentle cycle.

I wouldn't put it in the dryer at all. Its unnecessary, and you run the risk of having the crest shrink. All I do is turn my jerseys inside out, wash it in the gentle cycle with a bit of detergent, and then hang dry. You can get wrinkles out by covering the jersey with a blank white t-shirt, and ironing over it.