• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingslady87

Should the Wings go back to two alternates?

Rate this topic

I like the idea of rotating 3 & my picks would be Z, Dats, & Kronner.

Agreed. Kronwall has by all accounts taken on more of a leadership role with the team. Might as well get him in on the alternate rotation now as he is likely to get an 'A' permanently next season anyways once Nick retires.

Guest 13GoWings40

I like having three alternates, and would like to see the 3rd A go to Kronwall. I also think Stuart, Cleary, or possibly Helm (though he's young) would be good choices

I imagine Cleary is next in line when Lidstrom retires. Possibly Helm.

Helm is a great player and seems like a great guy, but he has the non-hockey intelligence of a brick and that's an insult to a brick... also, he has NEVER struck me as a natural leader, but instead, a great soldier... that's not necessarily a bad thing, he fills a great role, I love his work ethic and style of play and I hope he's a Wing for life... but I don't know how anyone would ever think Helm would or should wear any letter in the Winged Wheel...

Edited by stevkrause

The reason I picked Bertuzzi is that I believe he is a solid leader. He was an Alternate Captain in Vancouver during his hayday, and I think he brings a lot to the Wings locker room. As for Franzen, you guys are probably right, and someone like Stuart or Cleary could probably take it before him.