• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Babs sets defense pairings for camp

Rate this topic

“You don’t say he’s a world-class skater, he’s just a hockey player,” Babcock said. “We got to get him to be very good with his stick in the D-zone and not as confrontational. The smaller you are, the more you can play with your stick and the less you can play with your body the better off you are. “Just move the puck and get ’er going, and if you get in trouble pass it to Nick. That’s not a bad idea.”

Yuh-oh... Are they making him "soft"?

It's not like these won't be mixed up a million times during the season.

To me, the dmen are a lot more likely to be set in stone than the forwards for sure. I don't have a dobberhockey account to back it up, but I'm positive that Stuart was always Lidstrom primary partner if both were healthy. Same went for Kronwall and Salei (RIP); as well as Ericsson and Rafalski. I mean, hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong but those pairings seriously just didn't really change all that much.

To me, the dmen are a lot more likely to be set in stone than the forwards for sure. I don't have a dobberhockey account to back it up, but I'm positive that Stuart was always Lidstrom primary partner if both were healthy. Same went for Kronwall and Salei (RIP); as well as Ericsson and Rafalski. I mean, hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong but those pairings seriously just didn't really change all that much.

Yeah, I guess you're right. They won't change a million times. But it's been a long time since Wings had this many new guys, so nobody knows how these pairing will work out. It will take some time until they settle down and find out who has chemistry with whom.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Yuh-oh... Are they making him "soft"?

Not soft..just smart. White is not a big man suited for making big hits etc.

But if he could become Lidstrom lite it would be amazing.

Edited by Reds4Life

:lol:

He is 178 cm tall. That is maybe 5cm more than Hudler.

And his style obviously does not work that well..Wings are his fifth club in last 5 years.

Maybe Wings can make him play smarter and make something out of him in the end.

He is 178 cm tall. That is maybe 5cm more than Hudler.

And his style obviously does not work that well..Wings are his fifth club in last 5 years.

Maybe Wings can make him play smarter and make something out of him in the end.

"bug hits"

To be honest I don't want a repeat of 2006 when we saw Lilja paired with Lids.

Exactly. Do we really want Lidstrom's last season (potentially) to finish with him having to cover for Ericsson's lapses?

Lidstrom won't be covering up for White too often as White is pretty respectable in his own end of the ice.

Exactly, again. I think White will be a good partner for Lids.

Wow the wings D is tough actually

If Commodore can really find his game again and become a solid number 6 with a regular shift they will be a physical force.

Lidstrom - Yeah hes soft but hes also the reigning Norris champ so chirp him I dare ya

White - Feisty little guy who can throw a nice hipcheck and handle himself in a scrap. Clears the crease

Stuart and Kronawll - Probably the hardest hittting pairing in the league when together arguably

Commodore, Smith, Ericcson - All guys who can fight and have an edge to their game (Even Ericcson every now and than)

Kindl - Soft but I feel like he wont play a whole lot again and could be traded.

Im hoping Commie shows Ericcson what to do with his 6'5 frame and they become a damn nasty pairing. If Smith is in the lineup he could actually be their nastiest defender, kid is dirty with his stick, looks for big hits and will fight too.

I just really hope Commie gets it together and can turn into a pre concussion Lilja

It's usually around 70-80% at even strength, at least for the Wings. There are a few teams that have the top 4 set in stone to where they are 90% or higher at even strength, but then you have the crappy teams who literally rotate every game.

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Stuart (YES They are back Together!)

Ericsson - Kindl

Smith - Commodore

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/09/red_wings_mike_babcock_impress_1.html

Kindl in front of Commodore is really disturbing. I am questioning Babcock at the moment. :ninja:

Seriously, I hope Commie gets that 6th spot. If not, then it was a waste....

Kindl in front of Commodore is really disturbing. I am questioning Babcock at the moment. :ninja:

Seriously, I hope Commie gets that 6th spot. If not, then it was a waste....

Well Babs hopes Commie will be a "good teammate."

I mean... That could just be a politically correct way to say sit your ass down in the press box with a smile on your face. Guess Babs is already trying to "bury"* Commodore, huh? :ph34r:

*"I thought he (Babs) put his best foot forward to bury me (Commie)."