• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Babs sets defense pairings for camp

Rate this topic

Kindl in front of Commodore is really disturbing. I am questioning Babcock at the moment. :ninja:

Seriously, I hope Commie gets that 6th spot. If not, then it was a waste....

I wouldn't read so much into the pairings as to say Kindl will be ahead of Commodore on the depth chart during the season.

Having said that, where is the Kindl hate coming from? He improved a lot last year, and he's just getting started in the league. Kindl isn't some throw-away scrub, he still has potential to develop and maybe be a second-pairing D one day. If he improves as much as he did last year, he'll actually be reasonably valuable.

I wouldn't read so much into the pairings as to say Kindl will be ahead of Commodore on the depth chart during the season.

Having said that, where is the Kindl hate coming from? He improved a lot last year, and he's just getting started in the league. Kindl isn't some throw-away scrub, he still has potential to develop and maybe be a second-pairing D one day. If he improves as much as he did last year, he'll actually be reasonably valuable.

I dont think its hate but it is somehwat disappointing out highest draft pick in a decade hasnt turned out like we all expected.

Yeah he looks like he m ay be a solid top 4 MAYBE, but there are guys like Smith and now with White who are young still and much better. I thinnk alot of people see Kindl as e xpendable in a trade to bring something else they dont have (another scorer, bruiser etc).

I think hes a decent player but what does he provide that the wings need is the way I look at it, and quite frankly I cant think of an answer to support him

Guest 13GoWings40

Perhaps there was a reason 'Commie' found himself in the AHL last season...

I think this is just Babcock's way of lighting a fire under commie's ass. Make Commie think you still don't believe in him so he tries that much harder to "prove you wrong"

Guest Heaten

I think some folks are being too sensitive about Babcock's "projected" defense parings. They haven't even trained together to see how they look with the new guys for crying out loud.

I think this is just Babcock's way of lighting a fire under commie's ass. Make Commie think you still don't believe in him so he tries that much harder to "prove you wrong"

Isn't Commie old enough and experienced enough so that he shouldn't need that kind of motivational tactic?

Yeah I think last year's starting pairings at the beginning and after training camp were:

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Rafalski

Ericsson-Salei

Then because Babs wanted size against the Getzlaf line, he made a temporary switch in his original idea:

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Then Ericsson got injured in that game. I don't exactly remember what happened then but iirc I think Babs rotated and double shifted Stuart, Kronwall and Rafalski with Lidstrom. Over the next eight games of the whole rotation experiment while Ericsson healed up and Kindl got a few minutes, Babs evidently and especially liked what he saw with the Lidstrom and Stuart pairing and then set the theoretical "one puck mover and one physical presence" lines as the team's number one main option for the rest of the season if all dmen were healthy:

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Salei

Ericsson-Rafalski

Isn't Commie old enough and experienced enough so that he shouldn't need that kind of motivational tactic?

Probably, but from Babcock's point of view, it tells Commie exactly what he thinks of him and where he stands without having to lecture the guy like he's 5 years old. I'm sure Commie has already put 2 and 2 together and knows he's in the hot seat, but I think it's important to have that communication directly from the coach. The more input, the better, and when it's this kind of input, the gentler the delivery, the better.

I don't think Babs would bury anybody right off the bat without seeing what they can do. It'd be kind of pointless to waste a potential asset to the team before you've even seen if he's turned over a new leaf or not. Lingering feelings or no, he has to do what's best for the team.

Exactly. I like the Commodore signing for the price and depth purposes, but he couldn't stay up with Columbus and they have one of the worst defensive units in the league.

How do you think Lids would fair on such an awful defense like Columbus had? I think you would see real low numbers from him as well. I think as a whole the D has to be fairly good. Can't be up to one person. That's why I think Commodore will do good here. He has other good/great D that will free him up somewhat so that he can play his true game and not a style that he really doesn't play. But that's just me.

I find it funny to get a negative for a joke.... The :ninja: means ha ha funny and not being serious....but some folks are just so negative that they don't take a moment to actually read it. Seriously though, I think I am not alone in hoping Commodore makes the #6 spot over Kindl...

Looks like someone is going negative happy on here. Give me one guess and i probably can tell you who it is.