• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

Yet another lawsuit filed against Bert

Rate this topic

It was later revealed that when he became GM with Anaheim, Burke offered Moore a two-way playing contract in 2005.

If he had medical clearance, this should be used to show that he didn't even make the effort to come back. I did not follow this incident so I only know what I've read here and from posted references but I think that Bert is truly sorry for what he did and he probably never forgets what happened. This guy was young enough that if he decided he couldn't play anymore he should have found another way to make a living, yes it may not have been an NHL salary but he could have made a career out of something else. *sarcasm* But it's always easier to sue for money...it's the American way. *sarcasm*

hey steve moore...:violin:

he didnt mean to break your neck, your neck prob wouldnt have broken is 3 of your teammates didnt jump on top of you, and youre playing one of the roughest sports known to man. go get a coaching job somewhere like this champ.

double-deke.jpg

Edited by Din758

Naslund should sue Moore, lindros should sue Stevens, savard should sue Cooke, etc. Any time any hockey player has a serious injury, he should be able to sue the player who injured him. You should never be held responsible for your own choices and actions in life if your a victim**

Edited by stevie for president

From reports that I have heard, he's suing for $38M, not $20M. Proceedings start next year, we'll see what happens. I have absolutely no idea what is supposed to support the $38M, it surely isn't lost income because there is absolutely no way he would have made that much. I'm guessing, over his career, he probably would have made about $3-5M.

hey steve moore...:violin:

he didnt mean to break your neck, your neck prob wouldn't have been broken if 3 of your teammates didn't jump on top of you....

Ding. ding. freaking ding to the bolded part! Furthermore, this is ridiculous and this case should be immediately thrown out, it was unfortunate and I feel for the guy, but it happened on the ice, not in the street and does not belong in the courts...

Naslund should sue Moore, lindros should sue Stevens, savard should sue Cooke, etc. Any time any hockey player has a serious injury, he should be able to sue the player who injured him. You should never be held responsible for your own choices and actions in life if your a victim**

Another VERY solid point - as I said, on the ice, out of the courts. period.

Edited by stevkrause

From reports that I have heard, he's suing for $38M, not $20M. Proceedings start next year, we'll see what happens. I have absolutely no idea what is supposed to support the $38M, it surely isn't lost income because there is absolutely no way he would have made that much. I'm guessing, over his career, he probably would have made about $3-5M.

I wrote an article on this after reading about the lawsuit. (Shameless Self Promotion) And from what I have read it looks like 38 million plus. Moore's lawyers say the 38 is the estimated loss of income he would have earned over his NHL career, plus more due to the fact that the brain damage he suffered prevented him from pursuing a post hockey career in finance.

"Moore's parents, who were watching their son on television when the attack happened, are also suing, seeking $1.5 million for "for negligent infliction of nervous shock and mental distress."(all figures in Canadian dollars). Moore's lawyer filed the suit one day before its two-year limitation expired, denying there was any connection between the timing and the 2006 Winter Olympics"

What scumbag f***s, especially that lawyer who undoubtedly dreamed this stupid s*** up and used to to get press at olympic time.

Give me a break. So now everytime any player gets a hard check or gets in a fight, their parents can sue for "infliction of shock and stress"?

Bs on moore's half you reap what you sow!

"Moore's parents, who were watching their son on television when the attack happened, are also suing, seeking $1.5 million for "for negligent infliction of nervous shock and mental distress."(all figures in Canadian dollars). Moore's lawyer filed the suit one day before its two-year limitation expired, denying there was any connection between the timing and the 2006 Winter Olympics"

What scumbag f***s, especially that lawyer who undoubtedly dreamed this stupid s*** up and used to to get press at olympic time.

Give me a break. So now everytime any player gets a hard check or gets in a fight, their parents can sue for "infliction of shock and stress"?

unbelievable

If he had medical clearance, this should be used to show that he didn't even make the effort to come back. I did not follow this incident so I only know what I've read here and from posted references but I think that Bert is truly sorry for what he did and he probably never forgets what happened. This guy was young enough that if he decided he couldn't play anymore he should have found another way to make a living, yes it may not have been an NHL salary but he could have made a career out of something else. *sarcasm* But it's always easier to sue for money...it's the American way. *sarcasm*

There is speculation that the offer was made only to help Bert in his case(s), but I haven't seen any real evidence either way. I feel bad for Moore (we all should), and 2m may have been too little, but 38m+ is ridiculous IMO. Is he also suing his teammates that jumped on him?

Sad. The guy gets dogpiled and is badly injured. At that point, I really feel for the guy. Now, having apologized and paid financially, Bert is moving on. Any more retribution should be against the guys who piled on him.

Every time I see a hit or anything followed by a fight where the teammates get in on the scene, I get sick all over again. The Kronwall hit on Havsplat was the worst. The poor guy gets Kronwalled, which is painful enough, then knocked out, then his teammates rush over to start a shoving match with Kronwall as the guy is laying unconscious at their feet. I was waiting for one of them to kick him in the face. I only enjoyed the hit on the replay.

Players need to use their heads and make sure that the injured guy is out of the way before they attack the guy they're mad at. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

This is a joke. But what can you expect these days..you can get sued for anything. If this took place in the 50s, nobody would give a damn about the joke Moore is just a few weeks after he was beaten to a pulp.

from what I have read it looks like 38 million plus. Moore's lawyers say the 38 is the estimated loss of income he would have earned over his NHL career, plus more due to the fact that the brain damage he suffered

I think the fact that he thinks he would have made 40mil in the NHL is proof enough that he has massive brain damage, lol.

excellent point!

I wonder if Bertuzzi can counter sue that Moore should just leave him alone? Enough is enough!... Wasn't there stories out there that no players came to Moore's defense because Moore was one of those players who's actions and words always crossed the line? I'm not saying that the players were happy he was hurt, but that he pissed off enough people where he had no allies in the game.

My thoughts would probably be a little bit different if I was in Steve Moore's place, but it's got to be time to move on.

Bertuzzi has gone above and beyond realizing that he f'ed up badly, apologizing, paying up so far. As much s**t as he takes from this (and this incident only) in general, a good bit of it deserved obviously for what he did, his response to this and owning up to it and moving on and learning to be at peace or live with what he did has just been second to none.

Again, I honestly have no idea if Steve Moore is still feeling badly, obviously I would not wish what happened to him on anybody, but at some point there has got to be a point of forgiving and learning to live with this.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan