• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Naslund should sue Moore, lindros should sue Stevens, savard should sue Cooke, etc. Any time any hockey player has a serious injury, he should be able to sue the player who injured him. You should never be held responsible for your own choices and actions in life if your a victim**

excellent point!

I wonder if Bertuzzi can counter sue that Moore should just leave him alone? Enough is enough!... Wasn't there stories out there that no players came to Moore's defense because Moore was one of those players who's actions and words always crossed the line? I'm not saying that the players were happy he was hurt, but that he pissed off enough people where he had no allies in the game.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#22 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

I think the fact that he thinks he would have made 40mil in the NHL is proof enough that he has massive brain damage, lol.

I laughed so hard at this.

Yeah I know, I'll take my bus pass to hell now.

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

If this happens, makes you wonder what Dan Snyder's folks could get out of Heatly..... :ninja:

As my Grammy used to say :nono:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

My thoughts would probably be a little bit different if I was in Steve Moore's place, but it's got to be time to move on.

Bertuzzi has gone above and beyond realizing that he f'ed up badly, apologizing, paying up so far. As much s**t as he takes from this (and this incident only) in general, a good bit of it deserved obviously for what he did, his response to this and owning up to it and moving on and learning to be at peace or live with what he did has just been second to none.

Again, I honestly have no idea if Steve Moore is still feeling badly, obviously I would not wish what happened to him on anybody, but at some point there has got to be a point of forgiving and learning to live with this.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 15 September 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

There have been many nasty incidents in NHL history just as bad as Bertuzzi on Moore.

What made this so bad is the result. If Moore gets up from that, Bertuzzi is not nearly as hated.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'm torn on this one. Yes, this is dragging on and yet another lawsuit is tedious to say the least BUT Bertuzzi did punch someone from behind that caused a broken neck. If Bert doesn't knock him out, there's no pile-up. Hitting someone from behind, even if they are being a pansy, is pitiful. Whether he's sorry or not is up for debate. Todd is far from blameless here.

Yes, I agree Moore probably should have moved on by now with his previous suit going nowhere, and Lord knows he would never have made 35 million, and his parents suing is beyond ridiculous. However, our opinions don't really matter here. The courts are letting this suit proceed and Bertuzzi is just going to have to try to get through the season with this hanging over his head. Again.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#27 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I love Bert. He is one of my favorite Wings simply because I can't NOT love a big bearded Canadian missing a bunch of teeth. I feel so bad for him and I agree with most of the other posters that enough is enough. His actions were obviously not good but he knows that, these lawsuits drive me insane. Bertuzzi gets so much hate from so many people but I really think his actions have been so blown out of proportion...Todd didn't break moore's neck, the dogpile did.
I'm so over this incident and I really hope Bert comes out alright.

Also, the fact that his parents think they deserve money as well makes them look like losers. ugh.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#28 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

I hope Bert wins this one to be honest. He paid the $2 Million to the family and it is time to move on. I hope this one gets laughed out of court.

#29 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

Moore was probably planning this lawsuit for a long time. That's why he never played in the NHL again, because he knew that if he did that, then he couldn't have a lawsuit like this against Bert. This lawsuit is all based on him not playing. So I believe, essentially, the guy ended his career because he thought he was going to milk tons of money on this "cash cow".

There is no way to gauge how much the guy was gonna make either, because he never really played long. The guy is just money hungry. Bert never intended to break Moore's neck, that was an accident (the neck breaking part). You can really tell Bert regrets doing this too.

#30 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

As much as i think it's time for everyone to move on from this it's Bertuzzi's own fault. I don't buy this whole nonsense about blaming the dog pile either, he suckered him and drove him face first into the ice with extreme force. The dog pile after was nothing compared to that, and for who ever said it was his team mates, watch the video, one Avalanche player jumps on Bert to stop him from continuing to hit Moore and is then followed by two more Canucks.

#31 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

As much as i think it's time for everyone to move on from this it's Bertuzzi's own fault. I don't buy this whole nonsense about blaming the dog pile either, he suckered him and drove him face first into the ice with extreme force. The dog pile after was nothing compared to that, and for who ever said it was his team mates, watch the video, one Avalanche player jumps on Bert to stop him from continuing to hit Moore and is then followed by two more Canucks.

You sound like one of those that thought bert knew that moore would fall on his head and get hurt like he did and that bert needs to be in prison. Lucky we don't have people like you in the court system.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 18 September 2011 - 03:18 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

Funny how much Bert wearing the Winged Wheel has changed prevailing opinion on this site. Something tells me if he were still a Nuck people here would be calling for his head.

Here's a trip down memory lane when news broke Bertuzzi was suing Crawford. Very different reaction from members here. Not coincidentally it was the season after he left Detroit for Anaheim.

http://www.letsgowin...-sues-crawford/

As for the lawsuit, this doesn't sound like a new one. This is the same lawsuit as before, it's just now there's actually a court date. So it's news because it's finally moving forward.

I hope Bert wins this one to be honest. He paid the $2 Million to the family and it is time to move on. I hope this one gets laughed out of court.

Do you have a link for this? Because the civil trial is just now getting a court date, I don't think Bertuzzi has paid Moore anything, has he?

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 18 September 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#33 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Funny how much Bert wearing the Winged Wheel has changed prevailing opinion on this site. Something tells me if he were still a Nuck people here would be calling for his head.

Here's a trip down memory lane when news broke Bertuzzi was suing Crawford. Very different reaction from members here. Not coincidentally it was the season after he left Detroit for Anaheim.

As for the lawsuit, this doesn't sound like a new one. This is the same lawsuit as before, it's just now there's actually a court date. So it's news because it's finally moving forward.

Do you have a link for this? Because the civil trial is just now getting a court date, I don't think Bertuzzi has paid Moore anything, has he?

Not sure i understand. I don't think anyone thinks what bert done wasn't absolutely the stupidest thing he or pretty much anyone has done on the ice in the nhl. But the question is. When is enough enough if in fact this is a new case against him and if he has already paid money out to moore.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#34 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

You sound like one of those that thought bert knew that moore would fall on his head and get hurt like he did and that bert needs to be in prison. Lucky we don't have people like you in the court system.

So you're saying Moore just "fell on his head" and got hurt, and Bertuzzi's sucker punch and driving his head into the ice wasn't his fault? Never did i say he should be in prison, and before we start feeling sorry for Bert he himself filed a lawsuit against Crawford over this.

#35 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Not sure i understand. I don't think anyone thinks what bert done wasn't absolutely the stupidest thing he or pretty much anyone has done on the ice in the nhl. But the question is. When is enough enough if in fact this is a new case against him and if he has already paid money out to moore.

I don't think it's that hard to understand. People are cutting Bert a lot more slack now that he's a Red Wing.

And I don't think this is a new lawsuit, or that Bertuzzi has paid any damages to Moore at this point.

Everything I've read just refers to Moore's lawsuit finally getting a court date. Nothing about it being new.

It's an extremely misleading thread title by the OP. The first part of the article he linked to says:

A civil case pitting former NHL player Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi(notes) and the Vancouver Canucks could finally see the inside of a courtroom late next year.

The target date for the Ontario Superior Court trial to begin if necessary is Sept. 24, 2012 if Bertuzzi is still an active player, and Oct. 22 if he’s not, according to court documents viewed by CBC.

Court-ordered mediation between the sides has failed to lead to a settlement.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 18 September 2011 - 08:56 PM.

#36 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

A writer from the Toronto Sun back in March seems to think that it's taken this long because they wanted to "fully evaluate Moore's injuries".

Link: http://www.torontosu...6/17515946.html

Maybe I'll sound like a *****, but the way he's making it out that Moore's head injury is worse just due to the fact that he graduated from Harvard makes it seem like he'd be just fine if someone wrecked the head on your standard issue thug. It's either wrong, or it's not. His education level shouldn't even be a factor (other than knowing he should have dealt with the repercussions of wrecking Naslund - but that's another story).

#37 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

Well, in the board's defense, that lawsuit by Bertuzzi was ridiculous.

Doesn't make Moore's claim of 48 million to be any less ridiculous.

Posted Image

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Well, in the board's defense, that lawsuit by Bertuzzi was ridiculous.

Doesn't make Moore's claim of 48 million to be any less ridiculous.

Agreed. Both claims are ridiculous. Including Moore's parents wanting money for emotional pain and distress.

I think Moore does deserve money coming his way, and more than the $350,000 Bert's lawyer offered him. Somewhere in the millions, but nowhere near the 30 or 40 he's looking for.

If I were choosing I'd probably figure Moore's salary as a 3rd/4th line guy for 6 or 7 seasons. Then maybe tack on an extra million. Would he ever have been in the league that long? who knows. But he didn't have the opportunity to find out.

And I'm not saying all that money should be coming from Bert personally. I'd love to see the Nucks and Crawford get dinged for some of it.

#39 Lord Stanely

Lord Stanely

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:North Central Iowa, via Chicago, via Adrian, MI; via Warren

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Its the Canadian way too, apparantly. ;)

Well played, sir... well played.
Stuck in God-forsaken North Central Iowa with no hockey, hills, food or trees!

#40 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

My personal opinion is that the act itself wasn't "that" bad, yes is was brutal, despicable, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the worst or one of the worst acts ever seen in the game (which I have heard said more than a few times). What makes this so bad is the result.

That said, I don't care if you want to say Bertuzzi is 100% responsible for ending Moore's career, I don't care if you want to say he's 0% responsible and Moore's teammates are 100% responsible. Regardless of your point of view on all that, the amount Moore is suing for is beyond ridiculous. Moore was teh type of player that I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't last beyond a year or so in the league, he was very borderline. He could have gotten lucky and lasted 10 years as well, who knows, but even using best case scenario, not sure how anyone could think this guy was capable of earning much more than $5M or so in career earnings. He's suing for $40M+. I know it is for more than just career earnings, there are lingering effects (although, the skeptic in me thinks those woudl be exaggerated for the purpose of the lawsuit). I know that sounds bad, but how can you not think that?