• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toby91_ca

Nathan MacKinnon

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Anyone heard of him? If not, I guess you will soon. He just turned 16 a few days ago and has 5 pts in his first 2 games in Major Junior. He's getting quite a bit of hype out in Eastern Canada (he was selected 1st overall in the draft earlier this year).

He's getting comparisons to Crosby as well. Now, I think the comparisons to Crosby and all the hype have a lot to do with where's he's from and where he has played. He's from Cole Harbour, NS, played Bantam AAA for the Cole Harbour Red Wings (same as Crosby) and went to Shattuck Saint Mary's boarding school (Same as Crosby).

So, he looks to be a good player so far, but he's probably geeting more hype than deserved just because of all of that. Let's see what happens in the next two years though.

Does he dive?

(We all know somebody was going to say it.)

Edited by Zetts

This kid has been dubbed the next Crosby for a long time now, almost a year. Most hockey fans should have heard of him by now. I won't get into the ridiculous hype and expectations being put on him but every hockey fan should probably know his name already. TSN did some features on him a few months ago.

Not bad...

Is hitting allowed in that league? It looked like there was a chance to stop him in his tracks when he crossed the blue line via a hip check.