• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Brunnstrom

Fabian Brunnstrom

Rate this topic

He's not waiver-exempt.

You really think someone will put a claim on him? He was a FA and didn't even get any bites, plus, they can designate him before the season starts and he won't have to clear (what is it, 7 or 10 days?) So, give him a contract and designate him before Oct and we're clear... that is, if he doesn't flat win the 14th roster spot... Babs seems pretty impressed with him...

Can someone explain his waiver situation? I've heard different things so far.

If we sign him to a 2-way contract, do we risk losing him on waivers?

1 way or 2 way, just dictates salary base, not waiver status... that is dictated by age, years in the league, games played... etc... capgeek has a pretty good waiver exemption calculator to clarify...

1 way or 2 way, just dictates salary base, not waiver status... that is dictated by age, years in the league, games played... etc... capgeek has a pretty good waiver exemption calculator to clarify...

And according to that he is not exempt, also wiki. If the Wings sign him but they end up wanting him to go to GR for a year I think they will lose him.

I was at the game last night, and other than Lidstrom, I thought Fabian was the best player on the ice. He might not have scored, but he was flying out there, making good and smart plays, providing scoring chances, excellent back checking and so on. There was not 1 shift where he was bad. I think he is playing the perfect game right now to get on the Wings and be a part of Babcock's system because he has been really good in every pre-season game he has played so far and I think has earned a spot on the actual Wings roster. If Babs is intent on playing Pavs and Hank on separate lines, I think Fabian becoming a Wing would provide us with a very good set of lines:

Hudler- Datsyuk- Brunnstrom

Franzen- Zetterberg- Filpula

Cleary- Abdelkator- Bertuzzi

Homer- Helm- Eaves

Fabian and Hudler have been really good together thus far and have good chemestry, and I think both of them could have great years playing with Pavs; that could turn into a really solid line for the Wings.

:hysterical:

deadhorsebeating.gif

Wow, just what I was thinking everytime I hear the words "Hudler" and "Potential" in the same sentence or everytime he is placed on the top line... I'll stop talking crap about him when people stop saying he has the potential to be a first line sniper...

So for now, Brunnstrom over Hudler everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...

I never said he could be a first line sniper. I said a line with him, Fabian and Pavs could turn out to be a really good line. From what I have seen so far, Hudler and Fabian have played really really well together on the same line. Hudler seems much better along the boards this year and is making smarter plays, Fabian has been impressive at all ends of the rink, and Pavs is the best player in the world. Don't tell me that line would not have the potential to dazzle and be a very effective top line for us. I am not saying Hudler is going to score 40 goals; more like around 25. I think Fabian could have the potential to score 30 goals playing with Pavs and Pavs would score 30-35 goals if he stays healthy all year (which the hockey gods owe the Wings an injury free season). A top line, combining for around 90- 95 goals is a pretty damn good top line. Then you have to take into account the 2nd line and 3rd line... the Wings team would be very deep with goal production using these lines.

I never said he could be a first line sniper. I said a line with him, Fabian and Pavs could turn out to be a really good line. From what I have seen so far, Hudler and Fabian have played really really well together on the same line. Hudler seems much better along the boards this year and is making smarter plays, Fabian has been impressive at all ends of the rink, and Pavs is the best player in the world. Don't tell me that line would not have the potential to dazzle and be a very effective top line for us. I am not saying Hudler is going to score 40 goals; more like around 25. I think Fabian could have the potential to score 30 goals playing with Pavs and Pavs would score 30-35 goals if he stays healthy all year (which the hockey gods owe the Wings an injury free season). A top line, combining for around 90- 95 goals is a pretty damn good top line. Then you have to take into account the 2nd line and 3rd line... the Wings team would be very deep with goal production using these lines.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you when I said that. But, that seems to be what a lot of folks say his "potential" is. First line sniper, and that is as much of a dead horse as I am hating on him. Funny thing is, he probably will never be traded or let go and he will never be a sniper, so in the end we will all be wrong! :lol: But I just love ragging on him....

:hysterical:

Wow, just what I was thinking everytime I hear the words "Hudler" and "Potential" in the same sentence or everytime he is placed on the top line... I'll stop talking crap about him when people stop saying he has the potential to be a first line sniper...

So for now, Brunnstrom over Hudler everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...

Brunnstrom: AHL player trying to make any NHL roster.

Hudler: proven NHL player working hard on having a better year because he is disappointed with last season.

You can have Brunnstrom. I'm sure you'll enjoy him. Especially twice on Sunday.

Brunnstrom: AHL player trying to make any NHL roster.

Hudler: proven NHL player working hard on having a better year because he is disappointed with last season.

You can have Brunnstrom. I'm sure you'll enjoy him. Especially twice on Sunday.

Brunnstrom: Pretty much solidified a spot on the Wings (unfortunate for Mursak.)

Hudler: Now even more expendable and if he doesn't play to his "potential" will be traded or not be re-signed. He WILL be a healthy scratch more times than twice on Sunday, guarantee.

Way to go Fabian!

Good luck Hudler, you're gonna need it!

Start him on the fourth line and let him work his way up. Cleary had to do it and so did all the other guys. He doesn't get to start on the first line. But I want him on the team more than Emmerton.

If Babs puts Z and Pav together, I say try him on the second line with Filppula and Franzen. If it works, it would work really well. You could always move him down if it doesn't. But frankly I'd rather have him on the second line than Bertuzzi.

I'd love to see him at least get a two-way contract becaue if he can get developed properly which Dallas failed to do he will be a big star. I want to see the guys in our system that have been in our system for a few years get their chances first but iff Brunnstrom can continue to play well I think he will force himself into a some type of contract with Detroit.

You show me Brunnstrom parking his ass in front of the paint, warding off defencemen, and being able to put stick/body part to puck and deflect it through the smallest of openings, and I will show you Homer's Replacement.

In his time in Dallas, he didn't use his size or strength much. I need to be shown differently in the regular season to be a believer.

Agreed, I don't see how anyone can say he's Homer replacement until he actually shows a side similar to Homer's.

Now, if you mean he could replace Homer on Dat's line and be the shooter sometime down the road, that I can see.

He seems hungry. Almost as if Ikea is offering free meals if he plays well.

:lol:

From the comments in the media and the production Brunnstrom has done I honestly don't see how he isn't in the top 14 now that Mursak has been hurt. The only possibility, I would think, would be that the Wings still want to see him work on a longer term basis. He has looked far better than I think most of us could have hoped for.

I'm going on record and saying Brunnstrom gets a deal and is on the roster come the Ottawa game.

When Mursak returns, chances are we will have another injury (lets be honest, it's us...), but if we don't, we'll probably have to waive one of Emmerton/Brunnstrom. But say if Emmerton's been okay, but not amazing, I figure we could maybe trade him for a 4th/5th round pick or somethihng. Trying to make positives out of Mursak's unfortunate injury. :(