• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Brunnstrom

Fabian Brunnstrom

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I'd love to see him at least get a two-way contract becaue if he can get developed properly which Dallas failed to do he will be a big star. I want to see the guys in our system that have been in our system for a few years get their chances first but iff Brunnstrom can continue to play well I think he will force himself into a some type of contract with Detroit.

Brunnstrom will not be waiver-exempt regardless of if his contract is one-way or two-way. Having a two-way contract will only mean that he'll get paid less in the AHL.

December is a long ways away. A trade involving another player Aka Hudler or someone could happen before then. Brunnstrom or Emmerton could excel greatly and make someone else like Miller more expendable. So many things can happen in the time before Mursak returns. I say keep Emmerton on the Wings roster, sign Brunnstrom and leave Conner in the AHL to start the season. I think Connor would be the easiest to pull up and send down if we need more call ups. Tatar also is available for call ups and he is still waiver exempt.

Brunnstrom: Pretty much solidified a spot on the Wings (unfortunate for Mursak.)

Hudler: Now even more expendable and if he doesn't play to his "potential" will be traded or not be re-signed. He WILL be a healthy scratch more times than twice on Sunday, guarantee.

Way to go Fabian!

Good luck Hudler, you're gonna need it!

When Hudler is out of a job, Eva, you can enjoy him twice everyday from then on!

EDIT: Gee, imagine that, a spineless jellyfish who neg's people without explaining why or manning up...

Hudler better find is A game quick this year, if not he will be sitting out a lot if Bruno continues to impress.

:hysterical: We are memebers with a bunch of pansies.....

Careful DragonballGTZ you better not badmouth Hudler around here, you may get a neg and no explanation or rebuttal why...

Neg bandit too scared to man up!

Brunnstrom in, Mursak in after injury, Hudler OUT! Suck It Trebek!

You don't get it.

Just like your polar opposite, both of you bring him up in these absurd extremes and bring him up in topics or subjects that have absolutely nothing to do with him over and over and over again. 9 times out of 10, we know what is coming from both of your keystrokes, and when it's annoying in either extreme positive or negative, people are going to neg you.

Both of you are grown men that should know damned well that he is neither as bad or as good as either of you underhype or overhype him respectively, yet you two still keep on doing it over and over and over again. I have little doubt that yall aren't trying to purposefully piss people off, but it is still incredibly numbing and annoying. Most times I want to strangle both of you, figuratively speaking of course, when I read your responses.

Nobody here says he is the greatest thing since sliced bread or an all-star like you perceive, and conversely most people don't think he is as bad as a dumptruck (when he isn't in a dry spell or whatever) like eva unit zero perceives. The only two people with these absurd extremes are you two. Not the LGW community, you two and you two alone. The majority of people will likely give him fair kudos if he is playing well, or dog him accordingly and fairly if he struggles (like much of the beginning of last season for instance). Nothing more or less.

And making a big deal out of being negged is annoying as well, worrying about ego or how you look on here to people you probably will never see in life. Let it be, people don't have to explain themselves to you or why they plus or minus you.

You want to keep disliking somebody, doesn't bother me, that's totally your business and your choice and I respect that and won't be able to change that, I'm not trying to. Not trying to change eva unit zero's supporting of Hudler either. But keep beating a dead horse in this type of fashion and in places that have nothing to do with him, you are going to get a good bit of negatives and bashlashes more often than not.

Now as for Brunnstrom, I think at worst he secured himself a minor league contract here, definitely improved his chances lately to make the Wings and with some recent injuries to other probables. Would love to have him in the system.

Guest Heaten

Brunnstrom and Emmerton have been the two best 'prospect' tryouts. Neither will pass through waivers, so Holland may as well sign Bruno and rotate him with Miller and Emmerton.

Deal with Mursak when he gets off IR. If Emmerton or Bruno cool down or don't pan out, waive one of them. If they outplay Miller, waive Miller.

Pardon my french;

I love Miller, but how in the Sam Bernstein f*** could someone neg you for that post?

We have a neg bandit around here doing it. I fixed it up while im sure i will get the neg on mine for doing so like earlier today...oh well.=)

But The way brunn has looked really good in the preseason and i hope they give him a shot.

And Heaten just to be a man about it I just read today that Ian is in no way a replacement for raff and that Kronwall is stepping up to the next level and that would be more of a replacement for raff it was quoted but i can;t remember who said it. So there you go.=)

It might just be the eternal optimist in me but I have a hunch that Hudler has a good year (Think 60 points)and that its either Bertuzzi or Miller who end up being dealt or waived when Mursak gets back.

It might just be the eternal optimist in me but I have a hunch that Hudler has a good year (Think 60 points)and that its either Bertuzzi or Miller who end up being dealt or waived when Mursak gets back.

Bert won't be traded. He is our type of a player.

Bert won't be traded. He is our type of a player.

So was Shanahan. You don't produce, you don't play. There would be a healthly market for Bert with other teams (not great...but healthy enough to get rid of him fairly easily if needed). These young kids for us are going to keep these vets looking over their shoulders...which I think is a great thing for our team. Competition breeds success. Bert, Eaves, Miller, Commodore, Hudler, even Homer...these guys better bring night-in and night-out or they could be sent packing (minus Homer, who'd they'd figure out a classy way for him to finish the year and then make it clear that they have no intention of keeping him. Followed by highly encouraging him to retire and they'll make a big hoopla out of it with off-season Presser and job offer in our European system).

Also, with all of this inter-team competition...I keep forgetting we have a good deal of cap space left!! Rolling four lines is huge, and this makes us very, very deep (young in areas, but deep and talented). I'm liking what this could look like come April.

Future looks bright for the Wings.

EDIT: btw...just to clarify...Shanny's offer from the Wings was way below market value at the time and was viewed by most as an indication that the Wings would have liked Shanny back...but only if they could get him at a big time discount. I've read interviews that Shanny and his camp took this as a signal that Wings management was moving on.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

So was Shanahan. You don't produce, you don't play. There would be a healthly market for Bert with other teams (not great...but healthy enough to get rid of him fairly easily if needed). These young kids for us are going to keep these vets looking over their shoulders...which I think is a great thing for our team. Competition breeds success. Bert, Eaves, Miller, Commodore, Hudler, even Homer...these guys better bring night-in and night-out or they could be sent packing (minus Homer, who'd they'd figure out a classy way for him to finish the year and then make it clear that they have no intention of keeping him. Followed by highly encouraging him to retire and they'll make a big hoopla out of it with off-season Presser and job offer in our European system).

Also, with all of this inter-team competition...I keep forgetting we have a good deal of cap space left!! Rolling four lines is huge, and this makes us very, very deep (young in areas, but deep and talented). I'm liking what this could look like come April.

Future looks bright for the Wings.

EDIT: btw...just to clarify...Shanny's offer from the Wings was way below market value at the time and was viewed by most as an indication that the Wings would have liked Shanny back...but only if they could get him at a big time discount. I've read interviews that Shanny and his camp took this as a signal that Wings management was moving on.

Completely different situations.

We were coming back from a lockout and had to get under the cap a couple season later. Shanny balked at the Wings 3mil offer and went with the Rangers at 4 Million, taking up 10% of the team's cap hit. Wings got out just in time, because Shanny went from 82 points with the Wings to 62, 46, and then finally 14. Plus we had Datsyuk and Zetterberg breaking out as stars, we didn't need Shanahan. With Bertuzzi we know we're getting 40-45 points from him and he is taking up a shade under 2mil of cap. On top of that, we have no one to replace him and his production. Mursak won't, Emmerton won't, and Brunnstrom is a wait and see thus far. Bertuzzi is going no where.

Guest Crymson

When did Shanahan not produce? When has Bert not produced? And when have the Wings played musical chairs with their players via trades and waivers? Do you think this would be a good idea? Why do you think the organization doesn't do it? Do you notice that the team never signs players who are lazy or have bad attitudes? Why do you think this is?

Umm no. $4m was fair market value at the time, given that the salary cap was roughly $42m. Shanahan took the exact same salary contract from the Rangers. He left because he felt that he identified more with the older generation of Red Wings than with the new.

well, when mursak returns and we have a surplus of forwards we can package a few of them for a trade deadline deal for a top6 forward.

What package could we offer to land a top six forward? last season 3rd liners were fetching a 1st and a 3rd, and now you think a couple 3rd and 4th liners will land a 2nd liner?

well, when mursak returns and we have a surplus of forwards we can package a few of them for a trade deadline deal for a top6 forward.

and let it be Hemsky... I would give a lot for that guy. Can we imagine Dats and Hemsky on the same line?

When did Shanahan not produce? When has Bert not produced? And when have the Wings played musical chairs with their players via trades and waivers? Do you think this would be a good idea? Why do you think the organization doesn't do it? Do you notice that the team never signs players who are lazy or have bad attitudes? Why do you think this is?

Umm no. $4m was fair market value at the time, given that the salary cap was roughly $42m. Shanahan took the exact same salary contract from the Rangers. He left because he felt that he identified more with the older generation of Red Wings than with the new.

Frankly I dont think Bert has produced that much. He has 89 points in 163 games over the past two seasons. Thats .54 points p/game. Hudler in his last 155 games has 94 points, which is .61 points per game. Now I know everyone will say that Beruzzi is bigger and more physical and we need that type of player on the roster but is Bertuzzi really all that physical?I dont think so. Hes more physical than Hudler but my 12 week old kitten can make the same claim. I'm just not convinced that Bertuzzi is worth the money.

Now all this will be a moot point if Hudler comes out of the gate and sucks but if hes producing I dont see how he should be the guy who goes.

Pardon my french;

I love Miller, but how in the Sam Bernstein f*** could someone neg you for that post?

I cannot believe that people are actually worried about some damn little number in the lower right hand corner of a post.

Now as for Brunnstrom, I think at worst he secured himself a minor league contract here, definitely improved his chances lately to make the Wings and with some recent injuries to other probables. Would love to have him in the system.

With his performance this preseason some team will ****** him up while he is going through waivers.

No way Bert gets moved especially on his last year of his contract and probably his last year as a player. He loves it here and majority of the fans like him, no way they do that to him considering hes good for 40-50 points a year and is a huge threat in the shootouts.

Considering that he has a modified NTC is pretty much a guarantee that he will not be moved.

Edited by dragonballgtz

When did Shanahan not produce? When has Bert not produced?

Shanahan took the exact same salary contract from the Rangers. He left because he felt that he identified more with the older generation of Red Wings than with the new.

Umm...Shanahan was under very heavy criticism for his last three years of playoff performances during his Wings tenure. 19 playoff points in 01-02 followed by 10 playoff points the following three playoff apperances combined. Dave Lewis (as even keel a guy/coach that there is) even called him out several times in the paper saying the Wings needed more. Plus, 2 total points in the playoff's his last season with the Wings....if he expected to get a match salary or raise with the Wings he was crazy.

Identified with the older generation of Wings than with the new?? Ummm, Shanny has said publicy that he felt the offer was low and an indication that it was time to move on. I don't even understand what "identified with older generation" means??? Are we talking about a record collection or his hall of fame career? Ending a run with the team and town who you've won three cups with because you identify with older generation??