• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Brunnstrom

Fabian Brunnstrom

Rate this topic

Considering that he has a modified NTC is pretty much a guarantee that he will not be moved.

Possibly. However, vetrans tend to get very neogotiable when faced with the prospect of being sent down and taking bus trips across the country to get to games.

Possibly. However, vetrans tend to get very neogotiable when faced with the prospect of being sent down and taking bus trips across the country to get to games.

But that won't happen to Bert. He isn't someone that I want on this team but Babs seems to like him even with all his flaws.

I understand that Bert doesn't bring as much as people like, but he is a good veteran player on our team that when need be will show his tough side. 2010-11 preseason on orpik when Franzen got kneed, 2010-11 playoffs. His other selling point, his contract. I like Bert for what he does and what he gets paid.

The problem is we were extremely deep at center last year and still a little this year. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Draper, Helm were all centers. You swap Filppula on the Wing as a top 6 that now puts Bert exactly where he should be... 3rd line. Bertuzzi was forced into a scoring role with our lack of depth at the wing. With Filppula playing Wing and the possibility of adding a 3+ million winnger that takes that load off of his back and doesn't put him in a posistion to play well above him at his age and pay.

Simple answer - with the way Brunnstrom has played this preseason, he has earned a contract, remove Mursak due to the injury and that gets raised from contract, to roster spot... when Mursak returns, you make the tough decision then of who gets exposed to waivers... that is not a decsision that needs to be made now

So with Cleary out 6 weeks, that should open up three spots for a while, no? Obviously Brunnstrom has earned a spot, Emmerton should get one and then they could either keep someone else up here or give Johnson the spot for the 6 weeks and then deal with that when Cleary comes back. Then when Mursak gets back, that is what worries me, major decisions must be made. I really would hate to waive Miller, but if Brunnstrom is playing in the regular season like he is playing now, I don't believe they will risk losing him to waivers...

...of course there is always a trade of commodities, but who?

It's nice to be able to start the season with some options, but it's gonna get sticky real quick!

Simple answer - with the way Brunnstrom has played this preseason, he has earned a contract, remove Mursak due to the injury and that gets raised from contract, to roster spot... when Mursak returns, you make the tough decision then of who gets exposed to waivers... that is not a decsision that needs to be made now

Or who gets traded

So with Cleary out 6 weeks, that should open up three spots for a while, no? Obviously Brunnstrom has earned a spot, Emmerton should get one and then they could either keep someone else up here or give Johnson the spot for the 6 weeks and then deal with that when Cleary comes back. Then when Mursak gets back, that is what worries me, major decisions must be made. I really would hate to waive Miller, but if Brunnstrom is playing in the regular season like he is playing now, I don't believe they will risk losing him to waivers...

...of course there is always a trade of commodities, but who?

It's nice to be able to start the season with some options, but it's gonna get sticky real quick!

Cleary is not out for 6 weeks. He has an injury that might take 6 weeks before he is back to 100%.

He is expected to play opening night or shortly thereafter.

Guest Crymson

Frankly I dont think Bert has produced that much. He has 89 points in 163 games over the past two seasons. Thats .54 points p/game. Hudler in his last 155 games has 94 points, which is .61 points per game. Now I know everyone will say that Beruzzi is bigger and more physical and we need that type of player on the roster but is Bertuzzi really all that physical?I dont think so. Hes more physical than Hudler but my 12 week old kitten can make the same claim. I'm just not convinced that Bertuzzi is worth the money.

Now all this will be a moot point if Hudler comes out of the gate and sucks but if hes producing I dont see how he should be the guy who goes.

.54 ppg for a player making $1.5m (less than that in '09-'10) is great, and Bertuzzi was vital to the Wings making the playoffs in '09-'10. He is also hugely durable. I don't know what you expect from the team's lesser-paid players, but your expectations seem to be absurd.

Edited by Crymson

.54 ppg for a player making $1.5m (less than that in '09-'10) is great, and Bertuzzi was vital to the Wings making the playoffs in '09-'10. He is also hugely durable. I don't know what you expect from the team's lesser-paid players, but your expectations seem to be absurd.

No, he made $1.5 in 09-10 and salary cap wise is currently at $1.9 for last year and this year.

Bert had to step up in 09-10 with all the injuries but he didn't take over. Even during the time he had at the top he didn't produce at a special rate. When I think of the inconsistent play of the Wings these past two years Bert stands out as one of the players that is inconsistent. But he has had to be bumped up in depth the past two years because of the injuries. Berts role on this team should be a 3rd liner but the team has not been healthy these past two seasons to keep him in that role.

Umm...Shanahan was under very heavy criticism for his last three years of playoff performances during his Wings tenure. 19 playoff points in 01-02 followed by 10 playoff points the following three playoff apperances combined. Dave Lewis (as even keel a guy/coach that there is) even called him out several times in the paper saying the Wings needed more. Plus, 2 total points in the playoff's his last season with the Wings....if he expected to get a match salary or raise with the Wings he was crazy.

Identified with the older generation of Wings than with the new?? Ummm, Shanny has said publicy that he felt the offer was low and an indication that it was time to move on. I don't even understand what "identified with older generation" means??? Are we talking about a record collection or his hall of fame career? Ending a run with the team and town who you've won three cups with because you identify with older generation??

http://mitchalbom.com/d/journalism/4663/why-shanny-split

Guest Crymson

No, he made $1.5 in 09-10 and salary cap wise is currently at $1.9 for last year and this year.

Bert had to step up in 09-10 with all the injuries but he didn't take over.

Bert basically carried the team in December - January. I don't know which games you were watching.

Bert has been showing he plans on playing physical hockey in front of the opposing net and can/will finish rebounds. That alone is enough reason to keep him where he is for now. I know preseason doesn't translate to the season all the time, but he seems a good addition. He's not ever going to carry the team on his shoulders but the Wings have enough depth he'll never be asked to. Keep him down low where he belongs and I see him being worth the money.

Feel good story by a guy (Mitch Albom) that isn't what I'd call a great source for the real scoop on sports stories. Great writer no doubt, but his sports coverage/insight just seems to not be very deep (sports used to be his primary beat, but since the radio show and books he's not a sports guy anymore). I have to admit I hadn't read that story. Good story and Albom even brings up the rumblings that Shanny wasn't peforming at as high of rate. 4 Mil for a 10 playoff points in the past three years??....I don't think Kenny had any intention of paying him this and as usual, seemed like there were conversations behind the scene to pave the way for a classy exit that wouldn't tarnish his reputation in Detroit. This whole "identified with another generation" line may have been a great way to exit here in Detroit, but I dont' buy it for a second.

However, seems like he's changed his tune a little bit since on what really happened.

Here's what he's been saying.

"I said to Glen that I wasn't trying to bust the door to get out of Detroit," Shanahan said. On what he told Glen Sather on his visit to NY before he signed with them.

Thanks for forwarding the story.

Guest Heaten

nyquist has impressed me more than brunstrum. I will take his 2 way play over soft floaters.

Nyquist has been great but he can be sent down to the NHL without being exposed to waivers. He's a little weak yet and needs to buff up some. No doubt he will be a great NHLer in the near future.

Brunnstrom on the other hand has been one of the best forwards on the Red Wings' tryouts. He's scoring goals, skates really good and has the much needed speed to compliment the team. His two-way game hasn't been noticeable, but he hasn't been a liability either.

I'm excited to see him play tonight. As of right now, I think he's locked to get a contract with the Red Wings and will be starting opening night.

Edited by Heaten

Nyquist has been great but he can be sent down to the NHL without being exposed to waivers. He's a little weak yet and needs to buff up some. No doubt he will be a great NHLer in the near future.

Brunnstrom on the other hand has been one of the best forwards on the Red Wings' tryouts. He's scoring goals, skates really good and has the much needed speed to compliment the team. His two-way game hasn't been noticeable, but he hasn't been a liability either.

I'm excited to see him play tonight. As of right now, I think he's locked to get a contract with the Red Wings and will be starting opening night.

brunnstrum is a kenny type of guy so i could see him getting a minimum contract with the injuries. however, once everyone is healthy he will get dumped so i wouldn't get too excited.

there is simply no room for him unless he seriously forces kenny's hand and a trade is made to make room.

I'm excited to see him play tonight. As of right now, I think he's locked to get a contract with the Red Wings and will be starting opening night.*

* in Grand Rapids

Edited by Konnan511

I think Brunnstorm or Emmerton realistically could get a spot on the team. At least because of injuries. We'll have to see what happens,but there's no reason to NOT send them down to the AHL to develop a year or so more but at the same time the Wings might feel some young blood now is a good idea.

as soon as fabian got hit by aulie, he disappeared.

and on the cbc broadcast they kept saying how babcock said that fabian is the strongest red wing. that scares me.

i'd be willing to take a flyer on on him as the 13th forward for a while but im not sold with this small sample size in the preseason.