• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

Put him in Grand Rapids for this year where he can get top-6 minutes and continue to work on his consistency and work ethic. If he continues on the pace he's at, there will certainly be room for him on the Red Wing roster next year, and not as a grinder.

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Put him in Grand Rapids for this year where he can get top-6 minutes and continue to work on his consistency and work ethic. If he continues on the pace he's at, there will certainly be room for him on the Red Wing roster next year, and not as a grinder.

He's not waiver-exempt.

#23 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

You show me Brunnstrom parking his ass in front of the paint, warding off defencemen, and being able to put stick/body part to puck and deflect it through the smallest of openings, and I will show you Homer's Replacement.

In his time in Dallas, he didn't use his size or strength much. I need to be shown differently in the regular season to be a believer.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#24 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

:siren: if... he make the Wings...put in Datsyuk line..he goin score 35 gols..:siren:

#25 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

If he keeps working as hard as he did in TC, I see no problem with him playing in Grand Rapids.
Posted Image

#26 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

:siren: :siren: if... he make the Wings...put in Datsyuk line..he goin score 35 gols..:siren: :siren:

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

He looks like he is gonna earn a contract, but he won't start the season up here because of Jiri "Choke" Hudler...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#28 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

Can someone explain his waiver situation? I've heard different things so far.

If we sign him to a 2-way contract, do we risk losing him on waivers?
Posted Image

#29 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

He's not waiver-exempt.

You really think someone will put a claim on him? He was a FA and didn't even get any bites, plus, they can designate him before the season starts and he won't have to clear (what is it, 7 or 10 days?) So, give him a contract and designate him before Oct and we're clear... that is, if he doesn't flat win the 14th roster spot... Babs seems pretty impressed with him...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#30 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Can someone explain his waiver situation? I've heard different things so far.

If we sign him to a 2-way contract, do we risk losing him on waivers?

1 way or 2 way, just dictates salary base, not waiver status... that is dictated by age, years in the league, games played... etc... capgeek has a pretty good waiver exemption calculator to clarify...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#31 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: if... he make the Wings...put in Datsyuk line..he goin score 35 gols.. :siren: :siren: :siren:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#32 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

1 way or 2 way, just dictates salary base, not waiver status... that is dictated by age, years in the league, games played... etc... capgeek has a pretty good waiver exemption calculator to clarify...

And according to that he is not exempt, also wiki. If the Wings sign him but they end up wanting him to go to GR for a year I think they will lose him.

#33 SouthernHockeyHoney

SouthernHockeyHoney

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

Obviously with Mursak's injury there is an extra spot open... does Brunnstrom get it?
The only thing better than a cold glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

#34 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

I was at the game last night, and other than Lidstrom, I thought Fabian was the best player on the ice. He might not have scored, but he was flying out there, making good and smart plays, providing scoring chances, excellent back checking and so on. There was not 1 shift where he was bad. I think he is playing the perfect game right now to get on the Wings and be a part of Babcock's system because he has been really good in every pre-season game he has played so far and I think has earned a spot on the actual Wings roster. If Babs is intent on playing Pavs and Hank on separate lines, I think Fabian becoming a Wing would provide us with a very good set of lines:

Hudler- Datsyuk- Brunnstrom
Franzen- Zetterberg- Filpula
Cleary- Abdelkator- Bertuzzi
Homer- Helm- Eaves

Fabian and Hudler have been really good together thus far and have good chemestry, and I think both of them could have great years playing with Pavs; that could turn into a really solid line for the Wings.

#35 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: I think that he already made it on the Wings roster. Put him on the Datsyuk line and he will score 35 goals, believe me. :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

:hysterical:

Posted Image

Wow, just what I was thinking everytime I hear the words "Hudler" and "Potential" in the same sentence or everytime he is placed on the top line... I'll stop talking crap about him when people stop saying he has the potential to be a first line sniper...

So for now, Brunnstrom over Hudler everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...

#37 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

I never said he could be a first line sniper. I said a line with him, Fabian and Pavs could turn out to be a really good line. From what I have seen so far, Hudler and Fabian have played really really well together on the same line. Hudler seems much better along the boards this year and is making smarter plays, Fabian has been impressive at all ends of the rink, and Pavs is the best player in the world. Don't tell me that line would not have the potential to dazzle and be a very effective top line for us. I am not saying Hudler is going to score 40 goals; more like around 25. I think Fabian could have the potential to score 30 goals playing with Pavs and Pavs would score 30-35 goals if he stays healthy all year (which the hockey gods owe the Wings an injury free season). A top line, combining for around 90- 95 goals is a pretty damn good top line. Then you have to take into account the 2nd line and 3rd line... the Wings team would be very deep with goal production using these lines.

#38 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

I never said he could be a first line sniper. I said a line with him, Fabian and Pavs could turn out to be a really good line. From what I have seen so far, Hudler and Fabian have played really really well together on the same line. Hudler seems much better along the boards this year and is making smarter plays, Fabian has been impressive at all ends of the rink, and Pavs is the best player in the world. Don't tell me that line would not have the potential to dazzle and be a very effective top line for us. I am not saying Hudler is going to score 40 goals; more like around 25. I think Fabian could have the potential to score 30 goals playing with Pavs and Pavs would score 30-35 goals if he stays healthy all year (which the hockey gods owe the Wings an injury free season). A top line, combining for around 90- 95 goals is a pretty damn good top line. Then you have to take into account the 2nd line and 3rd line... the Wings team would be very deep with goal production using these lines.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you when I said that. But, that seems to be what a lot of folks say his "potential" is. First line sniper, and that is as much of a dead horse as I am hating on him. Funny thing is, he probably will never be traded or let go and he will never be a sniper, so in the end we will all be wrong! :lol: But I just love ragging on him....

#39 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

:hysterical:

Wow, just what I was thinking everytime I hear the words "Hudler" and "Potential" in the same sentence or everytime he is placed on the top line... I'll stop talking crap about him when people stop saying he has the potential to be a first line sniper...

So for now, Brunnstrom over Hudler everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...

Brunnstrom: AHL player trying to make any NHL roster.
Hudler: proven NHL player working hard on having a better year because he is disappointed with last season.

You can have Brunnstrom. I'm sure you'll enjoy him. Especially twice on Sunday.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#40 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Two more goals tonight...