• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

He seems hungry. Almost as if Ikea is offering free meals if he plays well.

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

Start him on the fourth line and let him work his way up. Cleary had to do it and so did all the other guys. He doesn't get to start on the first line. But I want him on the team more than Emmerton.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

Brunnstrom: AHL player trying to make any NHL roster.
Hudler: proven NHL player working hard on having a better year because he is disappointed with last season.

You can have Brunnstrom. I'm sure you'll enjoy him. Especially twice on Sunday.

Brunnstrom: Pretty much solidified a spot on the Wings (unfortunate for Mursak.)

Hudler: Now even more expendable and if he doesn't play to his "potential" will be traded or not be re-signed. He WILL be a healthy scratch more times than twice on Sunday, guarantee.

Way to go Fabian!

Good luck Hudler, you're gonna need it!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#44 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

Start him on the fourth line and let him work his way up. Cleary had to do it and so did all the other guys. He doesn't get to start on the first line. But I want him on the team more than Emmerton.

If Babs puts Z and Pav together, I say try him on the second line with Filppula and Franzen. If it works, it would work really well. You could always move him down if it doesn't. But frankly I'd rather have him on the second line than Bertuzzi.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#45 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

I'd love to see him at least get a two-way contract becaue if he can get developed properly which Dallas failed to do he will be a big star. I want to see the guys in our system that have been in our system for a few years get their chances first but iff Brunnstrom can continue to play well I think he will force himself into a some type of contract with Detroit.

#46 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the team.

By the way, anybody else think he looks eerily similar to Getzlaf?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

You show me Brunnstrom parking his ass in front of the paint, warding off defencemen, and being able to put stick/body part to puck and deflect it through the smallest of openings, and I will show you Homer's Replacement.

In his time in Dallas, he didn't use his size or strength much. I need to be shown differently in the regular season to be a believer.

Agreed, I don't see how anyone can say he's Homer replacement until he actually shows a side similar to Homer's.

Now, if you mean he could replace Homer on Dat's line and be the shooter sometime down the road, that I can see.

He seems hungry. Almost as if Ikea is offering free meals if he plays well.

:lol:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#48 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

From the comments in the media and the production Brunnstrom has done I honestly don't see how he isn't in the top 14 now that Mursak has been hurt. The only possibility, I would think, would be that the Wings still want to see him work on a longer term basis. He has looked far better than I think most of us could have hoped for.

I'm going on record and saying Brunnstrom gets a deal and is on the roster come the Ottawa game.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#49 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

I'll second this, no Mursak means Bruno makes it, and I was hoping for Conner.....
Brunnstrom is playing like he wants it again tho and I'm sure he couldnt get any worse on the full team vs. pre-seasoners.

#50 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

When Mursak returns, chances are we will have another injury (lets be honest, it's us...), but if we don't, we'll probably have to waive one of Emmerton/Brunnstrom. But say if Emmerton's been okay, but not amazing, I figure we could maybe trade him for a 4th/5th round pick or somethihng. Trying to make positives out of Mursak's unfortunate injury. :(

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#51 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

If by chance when Mursak is set to return the Wings waive someone (maybe Emmerton as the poster above suggested) I definitely like the chances of him passing through waivers in December compared to early October.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#52 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'd love to see him at least get a two-way contract becaue if he can get developed properly which Dallas failed to do he will be a big star. I want to see the guys in our system that have been in our system for a few years get their chances first but iff Brunnstrom can continue to play well I think he will force himself into a some type of contract with Detroit.

Brunnstrom will not be waiver-exempt regardless of if his contract is one-way or two-way. Having a two-way contract will only mean that he'll get paid less in the AHL.

#53 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

December is a long ways away. A trade involving another player Aka Hudler or someone could happen before then. Brunnstrom or Emmerton could excel greatly and make someone else like Miller more expendable. So many things can happen in the time before Mursak returns. I say keep Emmerton on the Wings roster, sign Brunnstrom and leave Conner in the AHL to start the season. I think Connor would be the easiest to pull up and send down if we need more call ups. Tatar also is available for call ups and he is still waiver exempt.

#54 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Brunnstrom: Pretty much solidified a spot on the Wings (unfortunate for Mursak.)

Hudler: Now even more expendable and if he doesn't play to his "potential" will be traded or not be re-signed. He WILL be a healthy scratch more times than twice on Sunday, guarantee.

Way to go Fabian!

Good luck Hudler, you're gonna need it!

When Hudler is out of a job, Eva, you can enjoy him twice everyday from then on!

EDIT: Gee, imagine that, a spineless jellyfish who neg's people without explaining why or manning up...

Hudler better find is A game quick this year, if not he will be sitting out a lot if Bruno continues to impress.

#55 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the team.

By the way, anybody else think he looks eerily similar to Getzlaf?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brunnstrom isn't bald. :huh:

#56 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

Forgive me the terrible pun, but I think Jan Mursak just gave Fabian Brunnstrom the biggest break of his career.
Posted Image

#57 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Forgive me the terrible pun, but I think Jan Mursak just gave Fabian Brunnstrom the biggest break of his career.

i like it

#58 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

:hysterical: We are memebers with a bunch of pansies.....

Careful DragonballGTZ you better not badmouth Hudler around here, you may get a neg and no explanation or rebuttal why...

Neg bandit too scared to man up!

Brunnstrom in, Mursak in after injury, Hudler OUT! Suck It Trebek!

You don't get it.

Just like your polar opposite, both of you bring him up in these absurd extremes and bring him up in topics or subjects that have absolutely nothing to do with him over and over and over again. 9 times out of 10, we know what is coming from both of your keystrokes, and when it's annoying in either extreme positive or negative, people are going to neg you.

Both of you are grown men that should know damned well that he is neither as bad or as good as either of you underhype or overhype him respectively, yet you two still keep on doing it over and over and over again. I have little doubt that yall aren't trying to purposefully piss people off, but it is still incredibly numbing and annoying. Most times I want to strangle both of you, figuratively speaking of course, when I read your responses.

Nobody here says he is the greatest thing since sliced bread or an all-star like you perceive, and conversely most people don't think he is as bad as a dumptruck (when he isn't in a dry spell or whatever) like eva unit zero perceives. The only two people with these absurd extremes are you two. Not the LGW community, you two and you two alone. The majority of people will likely give him fair kudos if he is playing well, or dog him accordingly and fairly if he struggles (like much of the beginning of last season for instance). Nothing more or less.

And making a big deal out of being negged is annoying as well, worrying about ego or how you look on here to people you probably will never see in life. Let it be, people don't have to explain themselves to you or why they plus or minus you.

You want to keep disliking somebody, doesn't bother me, that's totally your business and your choice and I respect that and won't be able to change that, I'm not trying to. Not trying to change eva unit zero's supporting of Hudler either. But keep beating a dead horse in this type of fashion and in places that have nothing to do with him, you are going to get a good bit of negatives and bashlashes more often than not.

Now as for Brunnstrom, I think at worst he secured himself a minor league contract here, definitely improved his chances lately to make the Wings and with some recent injuries to other probables. Would love to have him in the system.

#59 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Brunnstrom and Emmerton have been the two best 'prospect' tryouts. Neither will pass through waivers, so Holland may as well sign Bruno and rotate him with Miller and Emmerton.

Deal with Mursak when he gets off IR. If Emmerton or Bruno cool down or don't pan out, waive one of them. If they outplay Miller, waive Miller.

#60 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Pardon my french;

I love Miller, but how in the Sam Bernstein f*** could someone neg you for that post?

We have a neg bandit around here doing it. I fixed it up while im sure i will get the neg on mine for doing so like earlier today...oh well.=)

But The way brunn has looked really good in the preseason and i hope they give him a shot.

And Heaten just to be a man about it I just read today that Ian is in no way a replacement for raff and that Kronwall is stepping up to the next level and that would be more of a replacement for raff it was quoted but i can;t remember who said it. So there you go.=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY