• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zombi

Howard Injured

Rate this topic

Hehe...

Just thought I'd get a good scare out of all of you. I was actually very concerned when I saw this on twitter, but it doesn't sound too bad.

Just a bone bruise on his foot.

http://redwingsfront.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/howard-suffers-injury/

Howard suffers injury TRAVERSE CITY – In each of his first two seasons, every injury goalie Jimmy Howard has suffered has proven to not be serious.

It looks like his latest injury isn’t either.

Howard did not skate Monday at training camp after suffering a bone bruise on his left foot on Saturday. He did take part in practice on Sunday.

“It’s nothing major, just took a shot off the inside (Saturday) of my foot,” Howard said. “I tried to battle through it yesterday, it was really uncomfortable. They decided to keep me off the ice and hopefully it bounces back so I can get back out there tomorrow.”

Howard is slated to start between the pipes for Team Red in the Wings’ annual Red/White scrimmage at noon today at Centre Ice Arena.

“The shot was going high, I was going up so the first day I wouldn’t take it in the face and I ended up taking it right off the inseam when I was trying to get up,” Howard said.

Howard said the injury wasn’t serious enough to have an X-ray taken and he said he’s day-to-day.

“I plan on being out there tomorrow,” Howard said. “I got here early today, tried to get as much done as possible. It just didn’t happen.”

In each of the last two seasons, Howard has appeared in 63 each year. He won 37 games each season.