• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/21 Exhibition GDT: Red Wings 2 at Penguins 3

Rate this topic

He turned at the last second, and that's 5 minutes? Is that how boarding works this season? I am gonna be doing alot of bitching about that s*** this season :hehe:

It's also never a good idea to be two feet from the boards when someone is coming to check you. I can see two min there, but five is ridiculous.

It's also never a good idea to be two feet from the boards when someone is coming to check you. I can see two min there, but five is ridiculous.

Exactly, he's a rookie so that explains why he'd put himself in such a vulnerable position. But for a seasoned ref to then call the penalty, and not just a minor but a major, I'm perplexed. But it's the preseason so I dont care, but come opening night that s*** happens I'm gonna be swearing like a pirate for a couple of pages of the GDT :ph34r:

Joey Mac was good last year and has looked solid tonight so far.

I am a little concerned about losing him to waivers if somebody gets an injury to a back-up goalie.

I am starting to entertain the idea of instead of carrying a 14th forward going with 13 F 7D and 3G

Any thoughts?

I am a little concerned about losing him to waivers if somebody gets an injury to a back-up goalie.

I am starting to entertain the idea of instead of carrying a 14th forward going with 13 F 7D and 3G

Any thoughts?

i thought he was waiver exempt?

How was that not a penalty on the Brunnstrom play? The Pens player slashed the stick right out of his hands.

Sometimes refs miss stuff.

Any thoughts?

I like both Conklin and MacDonald, but having them both up doesn't make much sense to me. Even if they need to take the risk of losing one of them. Skaters get injured more often than goalies.

i thought he was waiver exempt?

How could a veteran like him be waiver exempt?

Seriously.... a 5 minute major for that?

I thought that call was over the top, but what bothered me more was that that got 5, while the shove from Letang on Tatar gets nothing. Bad calls are bad, but if they're going to call it like that, at least call it consistently... Ah well. <_<

How could a veteran like him be waiver exempt?

veterans can regain exemption based on lack of games played in previous seasons and also ahl salary threshold. i just can never remember the rules for them.

for instance, jamie lundmark a couple years back signed contracts with lower ahl salaries so that he would be exempt from waivers and calgary could call him up without exposing him. allowed him to get more callups and eventually a more steady gig in the nhl again.