Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

HOMER!!! And someone mentioned he should be sent down???? :scared:

#203 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

My thoughts exactly... to echo the sentiment of others, Emmerton certainly doesn't look hungry enough, I'd give the edge to Conner so far and Brunnstrom is looking worthy of a 2-way deal for sure so far... could end up being a piece of our future...

Other notes, Hudler has looked faster than normal, Pyett looks HORRIBLE, Exelby looks like a good AHL'er/depth player and Smith certianly looks NHL ready, but I still think he needs to be in the AHL for the whole season logging major minutes, especially with the lack of a spot for him on our current roster... Howard has looked pretty good as well, minus the soft goal by Malkin, where he got caught cheating...

Also, how great do Kronwall and Stewie look back together?!?!

Is hudler even playing?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#204 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

malkin has always been very bad at faceoffs and playing against Pavs does not help his cause. It's the first pre-season game so I am not going to take anyone's head off but here is what I think:
- Howard has to be better than his performance tonight... he probably should have had all 3 goals; for sure the first and third ones
- Pavs has looked good as usual
- However, the experiment with Eaves on his line needs to end ASAP... Eaves just cannot compete with Pavs on his line...I want to see Hudler up there with Pavs... and I would also like to see Babs try Brunnstrom with Pavs
- Kronners and Stu look like they gotta get their chemestry back together... may take a couple games
- Most noticeably, I Dont like watching wings games without number 5

#205 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Is hudler even playing?

hudler's looked good.

he's #24 right?
Posted Image

#206 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

Cleary playing strong. Wouldn't know it's preseason by watching him....all around the net, and as always, finishing his checks.

#207 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

How many more seasons until playing the puck off the meshing is allowed?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#208 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Emmerton is starting to impress now, I like his skating and the way he hangs onto the puck.

Lets not write him off yet, I think he just needs time in the NHL for his potential to show.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#209 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

why is does johnson have an R next to his name.

is there another johnson on the team?

i apologize for using the word johnson.
Posted Image

#210 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Emmerton is starting to impress now, I like his skating and the way he hangs onto the puck.

Lets not write him off yet, I think he just needs time in the NHL for his potential to show.

Is Emmerton your new Ritola? ;)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#211 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

why is does johnson have an R next to his name.

is there another johnson on the team?

i apologize for using the word johnson.

Jamie Johnson, Griffins.

Mursak is flying out there.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#212 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Oh, the TERROR which is Malkin.

Posted Image

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#213 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

"Tatar knocks over his guy, but my God was Tatar pasted against the wall, i can't believe he is still alive. Fap Fap Fap Penguins."
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#214 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

Jamie Johnson, Griffins.

Mursak is flying out there.

oh right, him.

:lookaround:
Posted Image

#215 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

Is Emmerton your new Ritola? ;)

No. Ritola was one of my favourite prospects. Emmerton is way down my list, but he does have upside but we won't see it until he gets used to the pace of the NHL, I'm just not sure we'll give him the time.

#216 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Cleary says hello.

EDIT: Haha oh wow, 5 minutes? Good show, NHL.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 21 September 2011 - 08:11 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#217 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

"Tatar knocks over his guy, but my God was Tatar pasted against the wall, i can't believe he is still alive. Fap Fap Fap Penguins."

Seriously. Does being in Pitt just infect people with *******-itis? I notice they downplayed it when Datsyuk absolutely embarrassed "Geno" behind the Pens net.

And that's another thing, they need to quitf****** calling him "Geno" like they're BFFs and have tea parties together.

#218 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Meh, he turned away from the hit and put himself into that position.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#219 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Cleary has been an absolute beast tonight. :thumbup:

#220 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

was that garth from wayne's world?
Posted Image