• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Kindl

Rate this topic

This is the quote that got me most excited -

"I want to be more aggressive, physical — and play a little dirty, too," Kindl said. "I think I can do that.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/09/red_wings_jakub_kindl_in_battl.html

Now let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is, so to speak...

I'm hoping he gets the chance & maybe if he does, he can inspire Big E to do the same.

I'm hoping Commie rubs off on E more than anyone... teach him to be a little nastier and use that size more, hell hopefully both Kindl AND E pick up a little of that snarl from Commie... I still think Commie is going to be our everyday number 6 and Kindl will end up on the outside looking in, more often than not, but if he EARNS the job, then good for him... plus, there are ALWAYS injuries, so he will get his shots...

The depth chart I want to see if Ericsson doesn't improve dramatically:

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Stuart

White

Kindl (breakout year, playing "edgy" and improved defensively)

Ericsson/Commodore

This would pave the way for the Wings to trade Ericsson while he still has value. Deal him off, perhaps with one of Tatar/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Jarnkrok and maybe a high (1st or 2nd) pick to get a quality defenseman. Preferably under 30. Maybe a guy like Yandle or Pitkanen, but I don't see either of those guys being traded unless their teams look to dump salary.

Edited by eva unit zero

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Stuart

White

Ericsson/Commodore

This would pave the way for the Wings to trade Ericsson while he still has value. Deal him off, perhaps with one of Tatar/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Jarnkrok and maybe a high (1st or 2nd) pick to get a quality defenseman. Preferably under 30. Maybe a guy like Yandle or Pitkanen, but I don't see either of those guys being traded unless their teams look to dump salary.

I'm very confused with the correlation between what you quoted to what you commented are.

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Stuart

White

Ericsson/Commodore

NO PITKANEN. Ive heard he may or may not be the softest defense man out there right now. yandles legit thou lol

I'm hoping Commie rubs off on E more than anyone... teach him to be a little nastier and use that size more, hell hopefully both Kindl AND E pick up a little of that snarl from Commie... I still think Commie is going to be our everyday number 6 and Kindl will end up on the outside looking in, more often than not, but if he EARNS the job, then good for him... plus, there are ALWAYS injuries, so he will get his shots...

Its gonna be cool having a defenseman who is genuinely mean in all aspects of the game.

Yeah the wings have big hitters, but Kronwall is going to hurt you infront of the net or punch your head in like Commie will. Having this guy to show the younger guys how to play mean could be awesome for them, I expect itll rub off on Ericcson.

Kindl could be a physical player, when they drafted him one of Nills comments was that hes shown he can throw a decent left, he had a mean streak in the OHL but i dont know what happened to him

Mussleman was a tough guy too

NO PITKANEN. Ive heard he may or may not be the softest defense man out there right now. yandles legit thou lol

Soft in what way, exactly? He's not a guy who is constantly looking to slam his opponents into the wall, but he's a talented offensive player and solid defensively. He was one of the best UFAs heading into the summer; Carolina was lucky to keep him, especially for what they did.

Kindl could be a physical player, when they drafted him one of Nills comments was that hes shown he can throw a decent left, he had a mean streak in the OHL but i dont know what happened to him

Agreed, he was a fierce competitor in the OHL, and he'd thrive on the attention. He hasn't been the same since his OHL days, but I was impressed by his play in the latter half of last season. He was starting to become more involved offensively by shooting the puck, and he was using his body along the boards more. I'm still confident he can become a solid 2nd pairing defenceman and 2nd unit PP guy. He's got the skill, skating and size to be a good defenceman in this league.

I believe there is a good chance that Kindl takes Ericcson's spot by the start of next season.

The only way that happens is if Big E is traded, or Big Rig is promoted to the top 4 follwing Lidstrom's retirement. There's zero chance Holland has 3mil+ just sitting on the bench.

The only way that happens is if Big E is traded, or Big Rig is promoted to the top 4 follwing Lidstrom's retirement. There's zero chance Holland has 3mil+ just sitting on the bench.

So we've already got the excuse in case Ericsson gets more icetime, though Kindl is allegedly much better?

Last season it was some inexplicable love Babcock has for him. Now it's his contract that's getting him the icetime.

Holland had $2.75 mill sitting in the pressbox several games last season in Hudler. Everyone talks about how Holland is the best GM in the league and Babcock is one of the best coaches. Yet they'd play an inferior player either because of a man crush, or because of the size of his contract? They'll play whoever they think gives this team the best chance to win.

If Kindl is outplaying Ericsson, at the very least he'd move to the 4/5 spot with E moving 6/7. And right now he has to focus on earning a regular spot in the lineup, whether it's Commodore's or Ericsson's.