• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Kindl

Rate this topic

It will be very interesting when Commodore is back.

From what I have seen, right now Ericcson would be on the outside looking in.

But it is still very early in the season.

It will be very interesting when Commodore is back.

From what I have seen, right now Ericcson would be on the outside looking in.

But it is still very early in the season.

Agree completely. I think those bottom defensive spots will be going through a rotation kind of like the fourth line is. If Commie plays like he did in the preseason and is a good PKer and shot blocker as well as physical than Ericcson will be watching.

If any of them have a bad game though, expect to see them sitting the next one, and knowing this team there will be injuries anyways so everyone will get playing time.

But Ericcson has seriously started to look like the late rounder that he was and Kindl showing that full package he was thought to be when they drafted him.

I would love to see Ericcson as part of a package deal at the deadline. Some small market team wouldnt think his contract is too bad, itll help them reach their cap floor and a 6'5 defenseman who is somewhat tough and came from the wings development would have to be attractive. Send him to Carolina for Ruutu :clap:

Mike Commodore has played 0 regular season games this year and he automagically gets placed ahead of Ericsson on the depth chart? An Ericsson who is currently at a +5.

Commodore got cut from CBJ....I'm going to have to say it again, he got cut from the Columbus Blue Jackets. Sure, he's looked ok in PS and Detroit is fairly successful with reclamation projects, but c'mon.

I guess the masses just need someone to focus on and hate, and with Hudler playing pretty well so far they have no one else to turn to.

Ericsson isn't playing that poorly either. Many of his mistakes are magnified because of the quality of the play of the rest of the defensive corps. It's like the 2008 roster-you can carry a guy like Lebderp and he can succeed if there aren't any holes around him.

But there is no way I would pull Kindl under any circumstance in favor if Commodore right now. Kindl looks like he may have a breakout year.

Mike Commodore has played 0 regular season games this year and he automagically gets placed ahead of Ericsson on the depth chart? An Ericsson who is currently at a +5.

Commodore got cut from CBJ....I'm going to have to say it again, he got cut from the Columbus Blue Jackets. Sure, he's looked ok in PS and Detroit is fairly successful with reclamation projects, but c'mon.

I guess the masses just need someone to focus on and hate, and with Hudler playing pretty well so far they have no one else to turn to.

Oh by all means if Ericsson is playing better than I think he gets the time, I just think Commodore looked better in the preseason.

I am by no means looking to place blame or scapegoat Ericsson, I think the entire D has been very good this year, the White signing looks like the best move this Red Wing offseason. Maybe letting Modo walk.

He was also making way too much salary and had some bad luck with injuries.

He was also a stud number 3 or 4 on 2 teams that went to the finals before he went to the jackets. He played well in preseason as well and actually uses his size which Babcock loves.

Dont be surprised to see him get in the lineup quick if E is still turning the puck over or playing soft. Kindl looks by far the best out of the 2

Because putting a rookie and defensive liability will always help you win games over a veteran stay-at-home defenseman.

What matters when winning games is goal differential, not goals scored. Preventing one is just as important as scoring one. Commodore wins that battle over Smith. Babcock thinks so too; otherwise Smith would have been on the roster to begin the season.

I'll speak slower. If. The. Wings. Are. Struggling. To. SCORE GOALS. They. Will. Go. With. The. More. Offensive. Dman.

Take your straw man argument somewhere else. If you're going to quote me, read the entire damn thing and not just pick out one or two words.

I'll speak slower. If. The. Wings. Are. Struggling. To. SCORE GOALS. They. Will. Go. With. The. More. Offensive. Dman.

Take your straw man argument somewhere else. If you're going to quote me, read the entire damn thing and not just pick out one or two words.

If my team is struggling to score goals, and I have a choice between:

A) a defenseman (Commodore) who is solid defensively but doesn't provide much offense.

B) a defenseman (Smith) who is weak defensively but might provide an extra goal worth of offense every now and again.

I would use option A every time. Every single time. Why? Better to win 2-1 than to lose 4-3.

Edited by eva unit zero

Asked recently what he needed to see from Kindl, Babcock said, “A willingness to take a hit and a willingness to be involved and go back and get the puck.

“His skill level was never an issue,'' Babcock said. “He's got to compete on a nightly basis and compete hard defensively. If you do that, you can play.''

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/02/red_wings_jakub_kindl_must_sit.html

Well damn.

seems logic, but apparently not what Holland thinks ;) at this point Wings are scoring in bunches, but Kenny just landed Quincey, Divealanche top scoring D-man who pots like 30-40 points a year.

as for Kindl/Commodore debate... with Quincey in we are pretty damn stacked on D and with Ericsson's $3M/y I hardly see Kindl getting

regular minutes. and if the team is in need for a defenseman in playoffs (because of some injury) I can easily imagine Babcock picking

Commodore with his experience over Kindl.

whether Kindl is a trade bait... dunno... 3 years ago I though the same about Jimmy Howard, so let's give Kindl benefit of the doubt

and assume he's still to fully develop. If Wings are to miss Lidstrom or Stuart next year, it's worth to keep Kindl around rather than to

shop him for a bag of pucks right now.

seems logic, but apparently not what Holland thinks ;) at this point Wings are scoring in bunches, but Kenny just landed Quincey, Divealanche top scoring D-man who pots like 30-40 points a year.

What you just said reaffirms my point. We've been struggling to score goals on the road so we get an offensive DMan instead of a shut down bruiser on the back end.