• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

leaps and bounds better than pittsburgh's crew, though.

Yo, Drum -

The minus here is my fault. Shoulda been a plus. I was on my I-Pad and hit the minus instead. I totally agree about Pittsburgh's announcers. As in, "Look at Malkin terrorizing them out there". Give.me.a.break.

Sorry 'bout that! :blush:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#122 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

Good to see people being realistic after a loss, and knowing it's only preseason. I was getting ready to post a gem from youtube if anyone took a preseason loss to serious.

Ah, I'll post it anyway:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#123 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

Was the Commodore fight any good? And what happened, any dirty hits or anything I saw he got an instigator so walker musta done something.

I think hes solidifying himself as our starting 6th man, he saved a goal tonight, has looked solid out there and doing something Babcock loves, keepin the flies off. :thumbup: so far he looks like another reclamatoin project that could go really well

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#124 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

Was at the game. First of all, great turnout! Tons of fans there, and a couple of handfuls of Philly fans as well. Seriously, this is the first Philly game I've been to that there hasn't been a fight in the stands. :)
There was a moment of silence before the national anthem while they showed slides of all the players and coaches from Lokomotive.
First 10 minutes and last 10 minutes were very good. The middle was a lot of rushed passes, scrambling on the part of everyone, not just the new guys, and serious defensive breakdowns. Philly manhandled us along the boards.
Commie's fight was okay - we were almost right in front of it. He got in a lot of rabbit punches with his left fist while holding the jersey, but no right-handed punches to speak of.
The bench was packed with players - I wouldn't be surprised if it caused line-change issues.
Based on this game, I can't comment intelligently on the new crop. I can say that Fabian really looked like he wanted a job tonight. I would like to see the lines changed for sure and see what happens then. Although it doesn't sound like it, all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the potential thus far.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#125 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

Was the Commodore fight any good? And what happened, any dirty hits or anything I saw he got an instigator so walker musta done something.

I think hes solidifying himself as our starting 6th man, he saved a goal tonight, has looked solid out there and doing something Babcock loves, keepin the flies off. :thumbup: so far he looks like another reclamatoin project that could go really well

I don't think any punches landed. I'd hardly consider it a fight. The video is up on youtube. Unfortunately, I didnt watch the game at all :(

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 24 September 2011 - 12:46 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#126 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#127 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

Same comment said by one of the commentators during the Pittsburgh game.

really?? i must have been watching a different feed. not sure how they could have fit that in their commentating.

malkin malkin malkin MALKIN malkin terroize malkinmalkin!

Yo, Drum -

The minus here is my fault. Shoulda been a plus. I was on my I-Pad and hit the minus instead. I totally agree about Pittsburgh's announcers. As in, "Look at Malkin terrorizing them out there". Give.me.a.break.

Sorry 'bout that! :blush:

no problem. i'm surprised i don't get more of those.

:cool:
Posted Image

#128 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

Nice to see Brunner scoring and Commie dropping the gloves. :thumbup:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#129 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Anyone have a video of Brunnstrom's goal?

#130 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

If you watch Versus/NBC you get used to the very same thing.

Personally, I can't tolerate that.

Yeah, it bugs me on VS how the NEVER talk about the actual game. They talk about random stories about people they once ran into 30 years ago that I've never heard of. They talk about the childhoods of each and every player on the ice. And they usually miss the big stuff because they're rambling about something else.

Anyways, haven't seen any of the games, but honestly don't put much stock in the preseason. Didn't Leino tear it up two years ago? Even though I've been hearing good things about Brunnstrom, I still can't shake the Leino 2.0 feeling.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#131 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

It was a pretty lackluster effort. I was hoping to see more out of Brendan Smith.

That being said...

It was probably going to be my only game at JLA this year barring a miracle. My buddy got us the company seats in the Legends Club. Very nice. Got to meet Ken Daniels. He's a great guy.

So yes it was a lackluster effort but it was a Red WIngs game in the cathedral of hockey if only for a September night

Edited by Jersey Wing, 25 September 2011 - 01:58 AM.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg