• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BOUTY

NHL Center Ice programming

Rate this topic

Hi everybody. Mass resident here, but a huge RedWings fan. Looking at investing in the local Comcast subscription of Center Ice so I can get all the Wings games here, live. Do you guys know if these game announcers would be the same game announcers that you all see and hear out there in Detroit on your broadcasts? Looking at 4 payments of $42.95. Can't wait... any info would be appreciated by any other subscribers who are out of state fans.

Guest Shoreline

If the Comcast version of Centre Ice allows for both feeds like Dish and I think now DirecTV then yes, the broadcast you would be able to see most often during the regular season is FSD (Fox Sports Detroit) which those locally in the FSD region get to see most, but sometimes you will have other options as well like regional/national Canada announcers (current broadcasters like Gord Miller of TSN, Bowen of LeafsTV, Bob Cole of CBC, Dean Brown of Sportsnet (Ottawa Senators)) for specific teams when the Wings play them, which I certainly think you should try checking out as well when the option is there. Sometimes Centre Ice also allows you to see things like Olympics games (depending on the year you subscribe obviously) and World Championships/Junior Champs and other cool stuff. If I had the option for Centre Ice on TV I'd definitely do it. Seeing it in consistent fibre/coax/satellite 720p or 1080p (I don't like using interlaced, bad for hockey imo) hockey on surround sound is godly.

Hope that helped friend.

Edit: Oh, one thing I don't think it works for, as in, Centre Ice won't show, is games on Versus, possibly NBC, possibly NHL Network (didn't watch Centre Ice last season, one of a few years I haven't had it due to moving to Canada from the states, so was left with streaming, so might not be precisely up to date on whether or not those three situations have changed, at very minimum make sure you have Versus as well on your cable for national U.S. games, I'm sure others will identify if you should have NBC and NHL Network as well)

Edited by Shoreline

Shoreline has it right. I have Comcast, and I live in Denver. Center Ice has all the Wings games, except those on Versus, NBC or NHL network. Most nights I can choose which broadcast I want to see (Wings or opponents), but sometimes I have no choice and have to watch opponents. Comcast is sorely lacking in it's HD broadcasts, though, and usually I have to watch in non-HD. I'm hoping this year they will have more than 1 HD channel.

Definitely worth it!!

Hey, thanks for the info. I am pumped and will be making the call this weekend to subscribe. I currently get Versus also with my Comcast cable, so I should have all the bases covered. I figure hearing and watching the same game broadcast will be the next best thing to having my ass out there in the Joe.

i agree about directv if its an option for you. the center ice package includes nhl network which is nice too. also, i think you only have to get the 2nd package to get versus. so it can allow you to see everything. the only downside i had was that they dont give the candaian feeds in HD most of the time. not sure if thats for everyone but i would have to watch the calgary and edmonton feeds in SD most of the time.