1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

Found the video in this link!

At it already!

Link with Story and Video

EDIT - Sorry if already posted I did not see it anywhere else

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 24 September 2011 - 08:33 PM.

#2 pazzloski

pazzloski

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Im sure the league is going to look at this, not sure what theyre going to do though.

#3 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

In viewing the above video, it certainly looks like the player being hit is embellishing just a smidge.

However,

Staubitz and Wiesniewski join the pre-season suspension queue.

What's with these boneheads lining up for Shanny's hammer of justice.

For the record, I haven't seen the video on either of these hits.

Edited by e_prime, 24 September 2011 - 09:17 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#4 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Pretty soft looking. I dunno if that warrants a suspension even by Cookie.

works every time

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

We all know Cooke is the biggest s*** head coward in the league, but that didn't look very bad. I'd be VERY surprised and upset if Cooke is suspended for that hit, not because I admire his play at all, but because I don't want the league overreacting and suspending every hard hit.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

so many dirty hits in one week damn wtf this s*** is getting worse

#7 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

Pretty soft looking. I dunno if that warrants a suspension even by Cookie.

I gotta agree with this. On that replay of the hit it looked embellished a bit.

#8 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

I dunno. It appears Cooke just pushed a player that had already been off balance. It sure doesn't help it was a cross checking motion right to the numbers but all in all; not a brutal hit.

#9 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

With everyone here, I think he sold it a little bit. I see the league looking at it and I think they suspend him for a few games (no more than 2-3 games) just to show the players that they are serious.

I know they have already established they are serious but I think with it being Cooke and knowing his rep, they are going to suspend him or put out a video as a warning and explain why he wasn't suspended.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#10 drumlife19

drumlife19

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

I can't believe Cooke is wearing an 'A'...
"When you have your skate on their throat, don't take it off... You play until the end..."

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Calling that a penalty is borderline, writing an article and linking a video + potetial suspension is simply pathetic.

#12 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Calling that a penalty is borderline, writing an article and linking a video + potetial suspension is simply pathetic.

QFT.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#13 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

Well it is Matt Cooke so I can understand an overreaction. That guy shouldn't have the privilege of being in the NHL anymore because he may end the career of another top star again.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#14 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

so many dirty hits in one week damn wtf this s*** is getting worse

Bear in mind the definition of dirty is also changing, so more things are going to fall under this category with such increased scrutiny and negativity surrounding the physical aspect of hockey nowadays. It's quite relative to the "media vs. crime" issue where people see violence, crime, etc. on television and think it's more prominent than it really is, and thus scrutinize it more.

More on the subject, Matt Cooke is af****** idiot and I wouldn't feel bad for him being suspended but if he does in this case it's purely because of his reputation. If it's pretty much anyone else, what happened here would be looked at with a little more objectivity -- it's a s***ty play that guys like Matt Cooke make but to me this is a 2 minute boarding penalty and nothing more. This kind of s*** happens every single game so I don't see a reason to get worked up over it, plus it seems a little embellished too by whoever the Wild player was that absorbed the hit. This is a very typical play made out of little respect for an opponent, but I don't see a reason to banish Matt Cooke for this play. Just give it time and he'll give the NHL a real reason to.

Edited by Shoreline, 25 September 2011 - 12:36 AM.

#15 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

As much as I hate Matt Cooke, this doesn't look that bad. It was a small push and he obviously wasn't trying to board the guy. It looked like the guy kind of either slipped or sold the call. He didn't even really hit the boards in a dangerous way either. I hope this is the only talk about this hit and Shanny doesn't do anything about it.

#16 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

I can't believe Cooke is wearing an 'A'...

Yeah, no s***. Talk about low standards....

So I think I've figured out the solution to this whole Cooke thing. Have Shanny call up McCarty, Stevens, Pronger and whoever the guy is that got suspended for using a hockey stick like a baseball bat. All of them go out on the ice in street clothes. All Cooke has to do is skate from one end of the ice to the other.

#17 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

Yeah, Cooke is a dirty piece of s***, but I don't think this one deserves a suspension.

Shanny is gonna catch hate from all angles for this one, regardless of which way he rules on it though...

Edited by sleepwalker, 25 September 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#18 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, Cooke is a dirty piece of s***, but I don't think this one deserves a suspension.

Shanny is gonna catch hate from all angles for this one, regardless of which way he rules on it though...

Agreed.

This hit is only news because it was made by the dirtiest player in the league. It doesn't really warrant more than the 2 minute penalty.

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

I heard that Matt Cooke enjoys pushing elderly women in wheelchairs down a flight of steps.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

I heard that Matt Cooke enjoys pushing elderly women in wheelchairs down a flight of steps.

I heard he stampedes the elderly and punts kittens. Might just be a rumor though.