• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

The Official NHL Suspension Thread

Rate this topic

Agreed.

Honestly 5 and a game is probable enough for that hit. But Lucic should be a repeat offender and it's a chance for Shanny to right his wrong on the Miller hit. I wonder if the explanation for letting Lucic off there is Shanny doesn't really believe in the rule about goalies not being hit out of the crease. Because whether people agree with the rule or not, miller was not eligible to be hit, there was clear intent, a blow to the head, and it resulted in injury. That pretty much covers all the criteria for suspension.

I liked Lucic when he first came into the league, hoping he would be a power forward in the mold of someone like Shanahan. But the dirty hits, taunting, spot picking is all starting to pile up for me.

5 and a game was already over the top so I completely agree with yah. This suspension is clearly a product of indecision on Shannys part because it's sad when I see a hit that I don't think deserves a suspension actually ends up being suspendable. Dart board of justice speaketh!

I liked Lucic when he first came into the league, hoping he would be a power forward in the mold of someone like Shanahan. But the dirty hits, taunting, spot picking is all starting to pile up for me.

Agree. He's quickly turning into a larger version of Matt Cooke.

esteef

:lol: gimme a break. Charging? I dislike Torres as much as the next guy, but Shanny picked the wrong hit to suspend him for.

It's probably cumulative. Shanny should've gotten him earlier, but when he makes a borderline hit/headshot in three games in a row, it's good that the league gave him a timeout before he succeeded in braining somebody.

Carcillo being Carcillo. He floats the puck into the corner and then goes right after Gilbert, shoving him into the boards, never attempting to retrieve or make any play on the puck.

Suspension coming, hopefully a biggie. Moves like this are why I'd never want Carcillo on the Wings.

What ever happened to just a double minor for boarding? Boarding major at the most, here. Gilbert is hurt, and his last name is Carcillo, so all of a sudden people want him gone for 10 games?

It's probably cumulative. Shanny should've gotten him earlier, but when he makes a borderline hit/headshot in three games in a row, it's good that the league gave him a timeout before he succeeded in braining somebody.

I can agree with that. I'd just rather he pick out the suspension-worthy hit, suspend him for it, and not wait till he's thrown multiple questionable hits to act.

Carcillo being Carcillo. He floats the puck into the corner and then goes right after Gilbert, shoving him into the boards, never attempting to retrieve or make any play on the puck.

Suspension coming, hopefully a biggie. Moves like this are why I'd never want Carcillo on the Wings.

Agreed, even with the first-timers getting inconsistent calls, Shanahan needs to make it clear that this type of play as well as this type of player are not welcome in the NHL. I'm thinking we'll see a suspension lasting the rest of the regular season. I was hoping the same would be done with Torres. But I'm sure they'll make an example of Carcillo. I still think they're being too lenient with these suspensions though, instead of trying to differentiate the different plays, I think a flat 3 game suspension should be handed out for first time offenders, 10 for second, season-long bans for three, maybe guys will start to take it seriously and lead with the whole body and not the hands or shoulder. Last I checked, hip-checks were still legal and just as effective.

Carcillo is going to be out a long, long time. I think we're going to see an epic Shanaban for that.

He should be that was nasty, and what the hell was that fish out of water s*** he was doing? I dont see were he could have got hurt, until the rest of the oilers got there anyway, he looked like a *****.

From TSN:

Incidents like this one are the worst ones. Bourque didn't skate hard enough to reach Backstrom in time to prevent him from playing the puck, so he throws the "lazy" elbow to convince his coach he's trying hard!?

IMO this type of incident should warrant a longer suspension than the Cole hit on Abdelkader because it is an absolutely boneheaded hit to make. Same with Carcillo the other day.

my guess is he gets 10 games, mostly because of his prior history with suspensions

Incidents like this one are the worst ones. Bourque didn't skate hard enough to reach Backstrom in time to prevent him from playing the puck, so he throws the "lazy" elbow to convince his coach he's trying hard!?

IMO this type of incident should warrant a longer suspension than the Cole hit on Abdelkader because it is an absolutely boneheaded hit to make. Same with Carcillo the other day.

I really didn't think deserved more than one game. I'm still torn on the Bourque hit as well. I could see him getting 2 games, but I could also see him getting 5+. Weird, i know.

This just in, Datsyuk NOT suspended for his hit on Jackass. :D

esteef

I lol'd. +1.

From TSN:

Not enough.

He was suspended just last month, and this one wasn't even a hockey play. This was a chicken wing to a guy's noggin.

Want to protect player's heads? Suspend players 10 games for stuff like this. They're among the easiest to get out of the game because it's not like a borderline hit. A harsh suspension for this isn't going to keep a guy from throwing a hit, but it might keep him from throwing up his elbow at a guys' head.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

He should be that was nasty, and what the hell was that fish out of water s*** he was doing? I dont see were he could have got hurt, until the rest of the oilers got there anyway, he looked like a *****.

Watch it again - Gilbert came down on his left leg, not exactly sure where from the angle, but it sure looked painful. I suspect he hyper-extended his knee. That's some nasty karma at work.