• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

The Official NHL Suspension Thread

Rate this topic

I'm surprised he got a game at all based on their standards. I'll take it, I guess.

I am surprised too looked weak on the replay.. more like the PHI player moved his head in the way.. But at least they are sending the message.. If your losing, and trying to take the other team out, your going to get suspended.. Good move IMO

I honestly think that these suspensions, or lack thereof, could cripple negotiation talks between the NHLPA and the league this summer. If there is a player strike this summer with the state the NHL is in at the moment...ugh...I shudder to even fathom the fallout.

From NHL:

Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended for 25 games for launching himself to deliver a late hit to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa during Game 3 of the teams' Western Conference Quarterfinal playoff series in Chicago on Tuesday, April 17, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Should the 25 games not be served by the conclusion of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining games of the suspension will carry over into the following regular season. Torres will be prohibited from playing in any preseason games until he has served this 25-game suspension (playoff and regular-season games).

Giroux suspended one game

Wow. Giroux's Philly's best player too...and Shanny suspended him for an elimination game.

I honestly don't think it was worthy of a suspension. A $2,500 fine would be appropriate. Giroux was running around because his team was losing at the end of the period and he plays the game with a lot of passion. He's definitely not a dirty player by any means though. I think he was just frustrated and trying to wake his team up.

It looks like he caught him shoulder-to-chin. It's not like he shoved his head into the glass or anything. ;) (Yeah, I know...that horse has been beaten to death a long time ago)

Edited by Nevermind

honestly if I don't compare it to other suspensions and just look at it as a single incident, I'm okay with one game.

Giroux was clearly pissed about a non call, skated up ice, hit Zubrus late and only contacted his head. He didn't get him very hard and Zubrus definitely sold it, but intent was pretty clear and the head was the principal point of contact.

honestly if I don't compare it to other suspensions and just look at it as a single incident, I'm okay with one game.

Giroux was clearly pissed about a non call, skated up ice, hit Zubrus late and only contacted his head. He didn't get him very hard and Zubrus definitely sold it, but intent was pretty clear and the head was the principal point of contact.

Well they have to start some where, even though they've messed up on the other ones. It shouldn't matter who you are or the outcome. You do the crime, you do the time.