• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red Wings Addict

Filppula is "too nice".

Rate this topic

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i really think you need to get laid, by filppula. you've obviously got a major hard-on for the dude if you take such offense anytime anyone dares to suggest that he might not dramatically increase his point total all of the sudden.

I'm more annoyed at the fact you try so hard to act like a giant douchebag and seem to relish the fact that people hate you, likely out of some misplaced anger over having zero friends in high school. Rock on though with your virgin-y hating of every single player on the Red Wings, you're doing great.

Guest stinky fish taco

i have no friends and i'm a virgin? that's your expert analysis, based on my posts on a hockey forum?

what are your credentials? you don't seem to be very good at this.

you have managed to derail this thread about filppula, however, so congrats.

i have no friends and i'm a virgin? that's your expert analysis, based on my posts on a hockey forum?

I calls 'em how I sees 'em. The fact that you seem to enjoy and try so hard to get people to hate you screams "I'm bitter and I hate my life, I have no ability to get myself any positive attention, so to get the attention I so desperately crave I'll just try my hardest to get negative attention because it's so much easier since I have no real social skills".

That wasn't too wordy, was it?

Here's how I see it -

1) You can't hate on Dats, Z, Cleary, Helm, or Lids. They are off limits.

2) You almost can't hate on Filppula, Franzen, or Kronwall. They are pretty much off limits too unless they have a really really horrible game.

3) You better have good reason for hating on Abdelkader, Babcock, Howard, Eaves, or Miller. These guys are solid 80-90% of the time, so hating on them will likely make you look foolish once the next game is over.

4) The rest you can hate on, but remember that it's someone's favorite player so you're gonna have some backlash if you hate on them. These guys are likely to piss you off again if they've pissed you off before. Just remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though. You might be pissed that Holmstrom skates like a 500 pound Galopogos turtle, but someone else thinks he's Nancy Kerrigan in pads.

Fil has looked a little more driven on offense this year. His skating has always been good, but he seems a step quicker, and his hands a bit better. He even took a slapper the other night, it was bananas.

If all the Wings keep playing with desire like they have been then I think he'll have a career year.

Guest stinky fish taco

I calls 'em how I sees 'em. The fact that you seem to enjoy and try so hard to get people to hate you screams "I'm bitter and I hate my life, I have no ability to get myself any positive attention, so to get the attention I so desperately crave I'll just try my hardest to get negative attention because it's so much easier since I have no real social skills".

That wasn't too wordy, was it?

and i have some interesting opinions about the mental state of someone who immediately resorts to personal attacks when someone makes a perceived slight against some hockey player on an internet forum.

but this thread is about filppula. let's agree to stay on-topic, since you don't seem to be all that good at the "riling someone up with insults" thing. what do you say?

and i have some interesting opinions about the mental state of someone who immediately resorts to personal attacks when someone makes a perceived slight against some hockey player on an internet forum.

It has nothing to do with Filppula. I just can't stand people who somehow take pride in being a douchebag and having people hate them. Both in real life or on the internet. Clear indicator of personal issues.

But yeah, let's talk about Filppula. Great start for him so far and will likely get better. Pretty much the most impressive Wing thus far, shift in shift out. He's creating a ton of scoring chances and showing some slick moves. Has anyone noticed, though, that sometimes Franzen is taking the faceoffs when he's out with Flip and Hudler? I'd like to know what's behind that. Especially being that he's 60%+ in faceoffs and Franzen is in the 30s.

Edited by Z and D for the C

It has nothing to do with Filppula. I just can't stand people who somehow take pride in being a douchebag and having people hate them. Both in real life or on the internet. Clear indicator of personal issues.

But yeah, let's talk about Filppula. Great start for him so far and will likely get better. Pretty much the most impressive Wing thus far, shift in shift out. He's creating a ton of scoring chances and showing some slick moves. Has anyone noticed, though, that sometimes Franzen is taking the faceoffs when he's out with Flip and Hudler? I'd like to know what's behind that. Especially being that he's 60%+ in faceoffs and Franzen is in the 30s.

Can you two get a room and make up already? Damn.

Babcock LOVES Filppula, so neither of you guys is doing any good slamming or defending him right now. The FACT is that Flips is going to play and get points because Babs knows Flips is solid. Just let him do his thing.

As of right now, if you average together all of the votes in this poll based on the minimum number of each poll option, Filppula's "breakout season" is 53 points and he is expected to score 47 this year.

So the answer is no, LGW does not expect Filppula to have a breakout season according to this poll.

As of right now, if you average together all of the votes in this poll based on the minimum number of each poll option, Filppula's "breakout season" is 53 points and he is expected to score 47 this year.

So the answer is no, LGW does not expect Filppula to have a breakout season according to this poll.

Hopefully he continues to shoot the puck so his trade value rises resulting in a trade for Parise in the near future

/ducks

Priceless, even though I know Eva was just stating facts, it's fun to see this consecutively.

Yeah Fil did have a "I feel bad" look on his face when scoring the EN goal but I'm willing to bet that many others on the team would've felt the same way and a handful of them would express it the same way.

We've seen Datsyuk make a similar face in the past when he couldn't make a safe pass to Z for an EN to add to his 2-goal game.

So does Franzen take the faceoffs now or something? Seems like he takes the ES faceoffs and then Fil takes the PP faceoffs?

I've been noticing this as well. My take is that they despite being better at winning faceoffs, they don't want Fil to worry about the added defensive responsibilities of playing center at ES. However, with the man advantage, puck possession is more important than defensive responsibilities

I've been noticing this as well. My take is that they despite being better at winning faceoffs, they don't want Fil to worry about the added defensive responsibilities of playing center at ES. However, with the man advantage, puck possession is more important than defensive responsibilities

Well no it seems like Fil is still the one who has to skate and cover the center of the ice on ES. It's just that Franzen takes the faceoffs and then they quickly switch back again.