• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/25 Pre-Season GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wings

Rate this topic

I don't see him on the fourth line, but he could play there. iMO Conner is closer to the last spot because his speed matches with Helm and Eaves the best.

Ryan Johnson? Conner's already agreed to a two-way deal, so I think the Wings would prefer to just start him in Grand Rapids and keep someone else. But I'm usually wrong.

Ryan Johnson? Conner's already agreed to a two-way deal, so I think the Wings would prefer to just start him in Grand Rapids and keep someone else. But I'm usually wrong.

I don't think they want Helm to play wing, but I could be wrong. It is possible that Conner could get picked up on waivers, but it's unlikely this early in the season IMO. I see Johnson's tryout as more of a favor than anything else.

so who's voting for Nyquist for the 14 forward? hell how about in as the 12th forward now because of jan's bad luck.

I only saw the 2nd and 3rd period, but he definitely looked good out there. He finishes like Draper though. Don't know if that's how he is in general, or just bad luck this game.

I only saw the 2nd and 3rd period, but he definitely looked good out there. He finishes like Draper though. Don't know if that's how he is in general, or just bad luck this game.

It's just this game. He's definitely more of playmaker than a goalscorer but he had no problem finishing his chances when I watched him at Maine.

I think most of it is probably just nerves of playing in the NHL. Grippin' the stick a bit too tight trying to land that first goal.

so who's voting for Nyquist for the 14 forward? hell how about in as the 12th forward now because of jan's bad luck.

He has enough skill to play in a top-6 role right now but it will come down to whether or not he's physically ready for the NHL. If they keep him on the roster then I think he'll start to turn some heads really quick.

The defensive breakdown on that second Hawks goal was ATROCIOUS.

Bert's shootout goal was sick (but shootouts still suck)

I'd like to see us fix these 10-15 second spurts, 2-3 times a game where no one on the ice plays defense.

Or I guess we'll just have to score 3+ goals a game again.

- Zetterberg and Filppula dominated together.

- I thought Emmerton and Brunnstrom were very strong too. You have to think those two are the front-runners to win the two rosters spots with Mursak out now.

- Ericsson and Kindl are atrocious as a pairing. Commodore is going to dress a lot.

- Smith still has too many defensive lapses to make the team.

- I really like White's ability to move the puck.