• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Gustav Nyquist

Rate this topic

After really getting a good look at Nyquist I have no doubt he'll be a top 6 player in the NHL at least, the kid is unreal. Like a mini Datsyuk, strong 2 ways, sick hands and a great playmaker (less of a goal scorer).

With the way hes played it wouldnt surprise me if he got on the roster while Mursak is out or at least plays a few games. He could be the next great steal of the wings, and I wouldnt be surprised if he does hit all star calibre, he is that good

Yeah, he looked good today. Actually, I think of him as more of a cross between Z and Fil than a mini Pavel.

That said, I hope today wasn't indicative of his finishing abilities. IMO that's the area he seems more like a Filppula-caliber player. I haven't really seen him at Maine though; maybe he was just nervous or something today and couldn't bury his chances?

Oh noesssss he missed a wrap-a-around on a broken play, he must be teh sux.

I can understand why he missed that. He's thriving on youth and energy and is very much on the edge right now. If he was a little more calm and collected he probably would have buried it but that comes with experience. It was so wide open and then all of sudden they see him and he feels extremely rushed and panics a little. It's understandable.

He was a guy that had a very strong Prospect Tournament and Camp and tonights game Vs Chicago he really showed a lot of great skill. I to believe he'll be a top 6 player in the NHL real soon. Nyquist did score a goal in the 7th and 8th Place Game in the Prospect Tournament Vs Carolina and a goal for Team White in the Red and White Game on the Last Official Day of camp. Not to mention skating and handeling the puck well and playing pretty physical. I'm excited to see what this kid can do in the future.

A line of Nyquist-Andersson-Brunnstrom could be quite something in Grand Rapids. All three have something to prove.

-Nyquist wants to show that he can play at an NHL level.

-Andersson, who some of the Wings staff consider as a lock for the NHL, wants to prove them right and have a big jump in his game offensively.

-Brunnstrom, of course, just wants to be a Red Wing and a good NHL pro instead of just another bust with expired potential.

I'm ok with trying to see if Emmerton will clear waivers and signing Brunner to a one-way deal in hopes that we can see if he'll clear waivers to be sent down while playing Nyquist. I just think Gustav just has too much skill, skill that would significantly help the team more than Emmerton or Brunner. When Mursak comes back, then try and call up Emmerton or Brunner and send Nyquist back down.

also got tossed by keith auley, he has to get stronger

He had more points than times he got hit, plus he looked like he belonged way more than he looked like he didn't. Everyone gets hits, especially rookies in preseason. It happens and he got right back up, he's fine.

He had more points than times he got hit, plus he looked like he belonged way more than he looked like he didn't. Everyone gets hits, especially rookies in preseason. It happens and he got right back up, he's fine.

he got laid out, end of story, doesn't matter whatever else he did, that obviously means he probably needs to get stronger, and he obviously is tiny.

he got laid out, end of story, doesn't matter whatever else he did, that obviously means he probably needs to get stronger, and he obviously is tiny.

So once a player gets hit, the rest of his game is negated? And if a player get's laid out it shows he is weak? Well Datsyuk must be incredibly weak as well:

Oh yah, this was as recently as last season as well. Your logic is terrible.

He's looking better and better. Unfortunately there's no room for him on the roster this year (unless injuries become a problem for us) but probably next year. Has potential to be a top 6 man but too early to tell yet...

Fingers crossed that injuries will not play such a role to us this season, but it seems as if we are already starting down the old injury road. I was hoping that Mursak would have his shot this season, but that ankle is going to slow him down. I see a slow rehab for him (Mursak) and more time spent in grand rapids

I'm very happy that there are so many young potential top 6 forwards in the system: Nyquist, Tatar, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco. In the last 3-4 years all the forwards who've made the team have been bottom line grinders (Helm, Abdelkader, Mursak).

I'm very happy that there are so many young potential top 6 forwards in the system: Nyquist, Tatar, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco. In the last 3-4 years all the forwards who've made the team have been bottom line grinders (Helm, Abdelkader, Mursak).

Thank you. Such a great sign of things to come!