76 replies to this topic

#21 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Sweet goal. :siren:

I see him as a 20-40 type guy in the NHL. He's just so skilled. What a steal.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#22 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

He's looking better and better. Unfortunately there's no room for him on the roster this year (unless injuries become a problem for us) but probably next year. Has potential to be a top 6 man but too early to tell yet...

#23 bentcobra

bentcobra

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

He's looking better and better. Unfortunately there's no room for him on the roster this year (unless injuries become a problem for us) but probably next year. Has potential to be a top 6 man but too early to tell yet...

Fingers crossed that injuries will not play such a role to us this season, but it seems as if we are already starting down the old injury road. I was hoping that Mursak would have his shot this season, but that ankle is going to slow him down. I see a slow rehab for him (Mursak) and more time spent in grand rapids

#24 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

I'm very happy that there are so many young potential top 6 forwards in the system: Nyquist, Tatar, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco. In the last 3-4 years all the forwards who've made the team have been bottom line grinders (Helm, Abdelkader, Mursak).

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#25 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

I'm very happy that there are so many young potential top 6 forwards in the system: Nyquist, Tatar, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco. In the last 3-4 years all the forwards who've made the team have been bottom line grinders (Helm, Abdelkader, Mursak).

Thank you. Such a great sign of things to come!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#26 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

His goal last night made my pants move a little bit.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#27 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Post-game update: Red Wings' Gustav Nyquist heading to Grand Rapids; Patrick Eaves is OK
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/10/post-game_update_red_wings_gus.html

I hope he's not another Kindl waiting to happen. As in, guy almost makes the team out of camp and then... well, you know.

#28 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

I hope he's not another Kindl waiting to happen. As in, guy almost makes the team out of camp and then... well, you know.

I'm still high on Kindl and have confidence he can become a 2nd pairing defenceman, but I tend to agree. If you've got a kid that can clearly make a positive contribution to the team which Nyquist can, why send him down? He performed so well in the PS and for what, the chance of a call-up at some stage this year? He was dominant most nights he played, and this started a month back at prospects camp and continued right until the final PS game. Disappointing for him that he went out there, did his best, outperformed virtually everyone, and it still wasn't good enough because he's got options.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

I'll reiterate what I said yesterday before this game even happened.

I'm ok with trying to see if Emmerton will clear waivers and signing Brunner to a one-way deal in hopes that we can see if he'll clear waivers to be sent down while playing Nyquist. I just think Gustav just has too much skill, skill that would significantly help the team more than Emmerton or Brunner. When Mursak comes back, then try and call up Emmerton or Brunner and send Nyquist back down.

Except Sit Miller or trade Hudler when Mursak comes back. Nyquist needs to be on this team. If his only flaw is that he isn't big enough at the moment, then that's ok. Hudler/Filppula have never been big. Zata and Pavs were tiny when they entered the league in a much rougher era.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the more disappointed I get. He flat out produced every single game, how can you send him down??? I get that he's young, I get that he's small, I get that you'd have to waive one of Emmerton/Brunnstrom for him to make it, but he is that good. He is a legitimate scoring talent. I can't see how they can dismiss everything he did in the PS simply because he has options. He is good enough, right now, to help this team and that's all that should matter. The sooner this kid is with this team to help reach his potential, the better.

#31 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

IMO, he's the shot in the arm that this talented - but not quite stanley cup level - team has been hanging on and waiting for. Twenty-two is far from being too young to play in the NHL. I think we need to get him ready for the post-season. Put him on Datsyuk's wing and keep him there for the entire season. Let them develop some chemistry. The lines shape out really nicely after that. Then if we can make nice use of all that cap space at the deadline, this could be a championship team. The clock is ticking on this squad. We need to have some urgency here.

In addition to keeping Nyquist on the 23-man roster, I'd also keep Brunnstrom. He's just got so much more potential than Miller or Emmerton. I'd really hate to lose him. Then we can just try to get Emmerton or Miller through waivers...probably won't be able to...and it probably won't really be THAT big of a blow either.

Thoughts?

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Hudler/Brunnstrom-Filppula-Eaves
Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
Miller/Emmerton

*IR*Mursak

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Commodore
Kindl

Howard
Conklin

Edited by blueadams, 02 October 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#32 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Wings assign eight to Grand Rapids
Sunday, 02.10.2011 / 8:51 PM / Press Release By Rick Bowness - Public Relations Coordinator DETROIT -- The Red Wings today announced that eight players have been reassigned to the Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL): forwards Tomas Tatar, Gustav Nyquist, Landon Ferraro, Joakim Andersson, and Brent Raedeke, defensemen Travis Ehrhardt and Brian Lashoff, and goaltender Jordan Pearce. Thirty players now remain in training camp.

#33 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

blueadams why do you keep posting lines with Holmstrom on the top line? He's not going to be on the top line this year....

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Not only does he make the team, but he plays on the top line all season.

What an achievement.

And with Homer on the line to boot.

I hope Datsyuk doesn't die of exhaustion by the end of October if that's the case.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Can someone explain to me where the freaking heck is Chris Minard?????????????????????????

Do we need a PI to go suss it out??

#36 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

The Detroit Red Wings assigned eight players today to the Grand Rapids Griffins: forwards Chris Conner, Joakim Andersson and Landon Ferraro; defensemen Doug Janik, Garnet Exelby and Brian Lashoff; and goaltenders Joey MacDonald and Jordan Pearce.

Janik, Exelby, Conner and MacDonald will go on waivers Monday and have until noon Tuesday to clear, at which point they would join the Griffins.

#37 OzWing19

OzWing19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the more disappointed I get. He flat out produced every single game, how can you send him down??? I get that he's young, I get that he's small, I get that you'd have to waive one of Emmerton/Brunnstrom for him to make it, but he is that good. He is a legitimate scoring talent. I can't see how they can dismiss everything he did in the PS simply because he has options. He is good enough, right now, to help this team and that's all that should matter. The sooner this kid is with this team to help reach his potential, the better.

I'm with you. In the games I've watched plus the highlights he's really impressed me. I didn't see any of the games he played in Grand Rapids at the tail end of last season but from all reports the shift from college hockey to the A was quite smooth. It would make sense to send him down if he wasn't slated for a top 9 role so he can play top 6 minutes every night rather than playing 8 minutes a night and sitting in the press box every other night. However he seems like he could slip into the top 9 quite easily. In Kenny we trust etc etc...

#38 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

:siren: A 22 year old young man is too young to play in Detroit. He is suppose to be 35 or 41 years old. This is only in Detroit all the time. :siren:

#39 Brunnstrom

Brunnstrom

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

:siren: A 22 year old young man is too young to play in Detroit. He is suppose to be 35 or 41 years old. This is only in Detroit all the time. :siren:

#40 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

I guess it's understandable why he got sent down and not just from a "managing assets" perspective. The pre-season is a "warm up" time for NHL veterans. Of course the players who are fighting for a better job are going to look better.