• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lfd250

Numbers to be placed on FRONT and back of helmet

Rate this topic

It's not so bad. Many times I've watched an opposing team and wondered who someone is but wasn't able to get his number to look him up. I recognize the marquee players, but 4th line RW for the Panthers? Um, not so much.

It's not garish. I could just as easily do without, but it's not like "Amway presents #25" or something.

I feel like this should apply to the NHL as well:

http://www.mrtraffic.com/frontplate.htm

It's fine for Columbus, but necessarily for us. STATES RIGHTS GUYS!!

I can deal with it, but I am more in favor of the number size being smaller on the front of the helmet. The example of the helmet on the link makes it look a bit like the oversized IIHF stickers on the front of the helmets from the world junior and the world championship tournaments.

At first glance I really thought it was kind of dumb. It just seems redundant to me. However, for newer fans it will obviously help. I personalyl don't really like the look but I definitely can't say that it's not functional.

I was just thinking... If they have them on the back of the jerseys, why do they need them on the back of the helmets too? Is the numbering of the helmets just so that the players can easily identify their own helmets? So the right helmets end up in the right lockers?

If that's the case, why not just put them on the front only? They'd still be serving their purpose along with the dual function of helping alien fans recognize the opposition.

Plus it'd be another way to determine if a player has been concussed. Just see if he puts his lid on backwards.

Guest 13GoWings40

I really like this idea. It won't mess with the classic look of the jerseys, but it will cut down on the number of times I see something happen like a hit away from the play and have to hope one of the commentators mentions it or else I'll have no idea who it was. Especially with the rise in popularity of visors. It's difficult to identify one man's chin over another on T.V. when guys are skating around at full speed.

I really like this idea. It won't mess with the classic look of the jerseys, but it will cut down on the number of times I see something happen like a hit away from the play and have to hope one of the commentators mentions it or else I'll have no idea who it was. Especially with the rise in popularity of visors. It's difficult to identify one man's chin over another on T.V. when guys are skating around at full speed.

just get rid of the visors.

just get rid of the visors.

And make them wear full cages? No way, the visor is a godsend. Nobody wants a career ended by a stray stick to the face or something. It's happened a few times and for players that show promise to get injured in such a serious way is terrible. The visors need to stay, If you just meant colored visors I see your point, I think they should keep them clear or at least only lightly tinted. But the visor is great for safety, I'm surprised they're not more common to be honest.

I don't really care for the numbers of the front of the helmet. At least in those pictures, they stand out too much and I think it messes with the look. It is a good idea in theory, but it makes action shots and the like a joke, it's just silly looking. Smaller, less obnoxious font might be alright by me, but I'll hold judgement until I see it in game.