• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lfd250

Numbers to be placed on FRONT and back of helmet

Rate this topic

Why not remove the team logos on the side of the helmet and replace them with numbers. Then you would have numbers in 3 places on the helmet.

Forget the numbers on the front.

Hockey helmets are kinda funky on the front. And normally if you can see the side of the player you can see their back. I guess the helmet really is the only place you can put it you can see it from the front (the stick/etc covers up the front of the jersey) just I've never been listening to a radio broadcast of the game and had a announcer NOT know who was who. And if it's on TV then I don't really need to know. I can see why it's helpful to people they just need to be REALLY careful how they handle the numbers or it'll look stupid.

And make them wear full cages? No way, the visor is a godsend. Nobody wants a career ended by a stray stick to the face or something. It's happened a few times and for players that show promise to get injured in such a serious way is terrible. The visors need to stay, If you just meant colored visors I see your point, I think they should keep them clear or at least only lightly tinted. But the visor is great for safety, I'm surprised they're not more common to be honest.

I don't really care for the numbers of the front of the helmet. At least in those pictures, they stand out too much and I think it messes with the look. It is a good idea in theory, but it makes action shots and the like a joke, it's just silly looking. Smaller, less obnoxious font might be alright by me, but I'll hold judgement until I see it in game.

visors cause just as many injuries as they prevent, the get pushed down and cut ur face. and for *******.

visors cause just as many injuries as they prevent, the get pushed down and cut ur face. and for *******.

Visors stop enough injuries to the eyes that I think they're worthwhile for players to have. They shouldn't be mandatory, but I don't see how wearing one makes a player a *****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqYtKekhPK8

That had caught him in the eye he'd be blind for life. Not saying a visor would stop all injuries, just saying they offer some protection to the eyes. Hit to the mouth you'll lose some teeth, which you can always get some fakes for. Lose an eye it's game over.

I really like this idea. It won't mess with the classic look of the jerseys, but it will cut down on the number of times I see something happen like a hit away from the play and have to hope one of the commentators mentions it or else I'll have no idea who it was. Especially with the rise in popularity of visors. It's difficult to identify one man's chin over another on T.V. when guys are skating around at full speed.

Put the numbers on their chins.

That'd be cool during the playoffs.

It's the freaking helmet. Who gives a crap?

My thoughts exactly. The title of the article should have read pass,fail or who gives f%#k. Next maybe we should debate if they should allow numbers on the skate laces.

Edited by UP2HERE

Guest 13GoWings40

They just need to make it a requirement that every NHL ref and linesman are to memorize every player's name and number by their face between seasons, that way we won't have to worry about small numbers on the helmets.

I think it's more for the fans, especially casual fans, than the officials/announcers. Usually when one of those two mix up players it's due to the play, not a lack of being able to see the numbers.

In football, for example, the players have giant numbers on the front and back. If you know nothing about the Lions and your friend tells you to keep an eye on #81, it's easy to do. If that same situation happened at a Wings game and your friend told you to keep an eye on #5, it's a lot harder to do imo. Once you watch hockey for a while it gets easier, but a big part of picking up a new sport is identifying favorite players and this can only help with that.

My thoughts exactly. The title of the article should have read pass,fail or who gives f%#k. Next maybe we should debate if they should allow numbers on the skate laces.

It's a decently big deal if they're gonna have such ugly damn numbers on the front of dude's helmets. If they're decently normal numbers I might be able to get used to it, but it's gonna be so hard to watch with big, obnoxious numbers like the one's pictured. It should be the same font as the back of the jersey, and I still think the sides of the helmet would be better. It's just ugly on the front. It'd be like if hockey jerseys were soccer style and each had the team's name on the shoulders and their name below the number. Doesn't affect the game, but would be obnoxious to watch.

they look brutal, kinda like when little kids put their names on the front of their buckets, just absolutely useless!

That's next year's announcement. Complete with scotch tape and magic marker. Hell, they may even switch Helmets over to Cascade's just to make the players as bush league as possible.

That's next year's announcement. Complete with scotch tape and magic marker. Hell, they may even switch Helmets over to Cascade's just to make the players as bush league as possible.

anyone with a cascade should be castrated.