• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/30 Exhibition GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Highlights of the game are on the Wings website.

1st goal Not much Howard can do with a screen in front of him and the scoring player on his off wing below the face off circle

2nd goal Deflected off a Wings player. Looked like he didn't have good position anyway.

3rd goal Kronwall f***ed up bad with a turnover behind the net. Jimmy should of had it as it trickled in on him, he just didn't squeeze hard enough.

4th goal Another turnover behind the net but this time on Lidstrom. Not much Jimmy can do on that.

Besides that 3rd goal you can't really blame Howard.

Pretty slick move on Nyquist part for his goal. He completely deked the guy defending him in the corner, Datsyukian like.

Howard was not the reason we lost tonight. Most of those goals were lucky and 9 times out of 10 would not have gone in the net. One was scored by Emmerton, another was screened by two people battling in front of Howard...there really isn't much he could have done better.

Besides the awful goals that happened last night that weren't Jimmy's fault. He still doesn't look good. Dunno if it's rust or what but hopefully he figures things out before the season starts. Conks hasn't looked good either which imo is cause for concern. Could be a long season.

The Wings admit they aren't ready to start the season.

That's pretty obvious, and not something I really wanted to hear them admit. The only ones who can do anything about that is them.

In truth I think they are more than ready to start the season. Probably the only thing these guys find more boring than the regular season is the preseason. Let's get on with it already!

well, we will agree to disagree, HoH. I think they look lazy and disinterested. I am so sorry if they're bored. I work with a cadre of "professionals" who coast along, entertaining themselves, and leave the work to "someone else." Daily. It's a bad habit.

I want the Wings to show up EVERY game and act like they work there and that they should win the game. The fact that they don't and aren't interested in regular season games is, frankly, beneath them. I do realize that work ethic is a thing of the past, and I am a throw-back dinosaur for wanting this team to show up 60 minutes per game. Silly me.

They are not ready. They show the same lack of chemistry they did last season. The only way to fix that is for the players to decide to play as a team... if they don't, we're in for another season of last minute wins (which they didn't deserve) and losses where the whole team is responsible, but the goalies take the heat.

Perhaps this is just too similar to my workplace, eerily so, actually. I have come to expect little from my coworkers, as they sit around and wait for someone else to show up and do the work. I really don't like seeing that same ethos in the Red Wings -- but do acknowledge that it's acceptable in today's world. I hold them accountable as a team.

Hope they decide to play and work hard before April.