• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

NHL will Look into Fighting: Shanahan

Rate this topic

You mean when Gillies did a headshot to Tangradi and didnt fight him? And got a huge suspension as well... I think youre in the wrong thread on that one

I stated that even if you don't want to fight, some guys will still go after you. Gillies dd that. How is that the wrong thread or how was I even remotely incorrect?

Gillies skates all the way across the ice, cheap shots Tangaradi, then starts pummeling an injured player that did NOT want to fight:

So again, how was I wrong? Did Gillies attack a player who didn't want to fight? Yes. Did I state that there are players who try and fight people who don't want to fight? yes. Did you sa that was wrong? Yes. Did I just show proof to my assertion? Yes.

If it isn't important then why do GM's sign fighters? Why do coaches play fighters? Why do players fight (all players that fight, not just enforcers)?

Because they are cheap and can fill out a roster and have younger players develop in the minors a year or two longer. Players fight because they feel either themselves or their teammates were wronged in some way. Some fights are also staged. Downey fighting Lappy is an instance where a fighter fought a player who injusticed his teammate. Downey also didn't prevent this injustice. Abby trying to Mac was an instance where Abby felt there was an injustice done on him and he wanted to get back at that player. Datsyuk fought because Perry is an annoying ***** ad he was tired of him running his mouth. The fights that need to stop are the ones that happen after a clean hit.