• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

If the team sucks and they need to draw in fans, in the end, the team owner has final say on who plays and if he wants a few extra bucks, you'll see a goon out there at the expense of a skilled forward.

McSorley did not try to tap Brasher's shoulder, he swung at a guys head with a heavy wooden stick. The injury to Brashear was directly related to McSorley and his stick. Moore's injury can not be proven to have been by Bertuzzi when a gaggle of hockey players decided it would be a good idea to jump on top of an unconscious Moore. Plus, it didn't end Moore's career, Moore decided on his own to take himself out of hockey after that for hsi impending lawsuit. He was offered multiple NHL contracts and he turned them all down.

I know what you mean, an example of this could be Ottawa. The Sens probably won't have much else going for them this year, but with Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Zenon Konopka, and eventually Matt Carkner in their lineup, they won't be getting pushed around. At the same time, Chicago is a contending team, and we saw them pick up Dan Carcillo and Jamal Mayers, instead of finesse forwards that would have definitely produced more offense, such as Sergei Samsonov, who was available. Los Angeles is a contending team that we saw get Ethan Moreau as opposed to a guy like Brunnstrom (who was available at the time, as well), who clearly has more offensive potential. In addition, Kevin Westgarth just signed a 2-year extension with them. I don't think the GM of a contending team would waste a roster spot and cap space on someone they didn't feel helped the team.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 04 October 2011 - 07:58 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#102 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,239 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

I know what you mean, an example of this could be Ottawa. The Sens probably won't have much else going for them this year, but with Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Zenon Konopka, and eventually Matt Carkner in their lineup, they won't be getting pushed around. At the same time, Chicago is a contending team, and we saw them pick up Dan Carcillo and Jamal Mayers, instead of finesse forwards that would have definitely produced more offense, such as Sergei Samsonov, who was available. Los Angeles is a contending team that we saw get Ethan Moreau as opposed to a guy like Brunnstrom (who was available at the time, as well), who clearly has more offensive potential. In addition, Kevin Westgarth just signed a 2-year extension with them. I don't think the GM of a contending team would waste a roster spot and cap space on someone they didn't feel helped the team.

You forgot to mention Lilja going to the Flyers.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#103 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

You mean when Gillies did a headshot to Tangradi and didnt fight him? And got a huge suspension as well... I think youre in the wrong thread on that one

I stated that even if you don't want to fight, some guys will still go after you. Gillies dd that. How is that the wrong thread or how was I even remotely incorrect?

Gillies skates all the way across the ice, cheap shots Tangaradi, then starts pummeling an injured player that did NOT want to fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYXYRT-pyo

So again, how was I wrong? Did Gillies attack a player who didn't want to fight? Yes. Did I state that there are players who try and fight people who don't want to fight? yes. Did you sa that was wrong? Yes. Did I just show proof to my assertion? Yes.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#104 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

If it isn't important then why do GM's sign fighters? Why do coaches play fighters? Why do players fight (all players that fight, not just enforcers)?

Because they are cheap and can fill out a roster and have younger players develop in the minors a year or two longer. Players fight because they feel either themselves or their teammates were wronged in some way. Some fights are also staged. Downey fighting Lappy is an instance where a fighter fought a player who injusticed his teammate. Downey also didn't prevent this injustice. Abby trying to Mac was an instance where Abby felt there was an injustice done on him and he wanted to get back at that player. Datsyuk fought because Perry is an annoying ***** ad he was tired of him running his mouth. The fights that need to stop are the ones that happen after a clean hit.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".