• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/1 Exhibition GDT: Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

Hey Toronto: That sucks :lol: Way to be GR! And the regular Wings were awesome minus Ericsson.

Whats the difference between

White-Lidstrom

Kronwall-Stuart

Kindl-Commodore

and

White-Lidstrom

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Commodore

About 2366667 million dollars, and not a whole lot else..

I agree with everyone else, Ericsson was bad. In fact, he is bad. There's a reason he was a forward, and there's a reason he was drafted last overall. He's just not very good. He's huge, and yet he plays like he's 5'8", he turns the puck over all the time and he provides no offense. We really stuffed up on that contract. <_<

Brunnstrom struggled tonight too.

Helm was totally awesome.

I like Chris Conner.

Missed the first two periods but watched the goals at NHL.com. Good thing they put highlights up so fast. I can't wait for Tatar to become a regular and score more goals - he's so darn cute when he's celebrating. If I were there on the ice congratulating him I couldn't help but pinch his cheek.

Helm had an unbelievable game. He looked like a 1st line superstar tonight.

I actually thought Hudler skated hard and made some nice plays.

Not Brunnstrom's best game, but he skated hard, not nearly as bad as the announcers implied.

Ericsson really looked horrible every time the puck was near him. He gave the puck away countless times, couldn't hold the puck in the zone on offense. He was just brutal.

Conklin made some big stops, but should NOT try to play the puck.

Who would replace him? Janik?

Nah, Derek Meech.

Whoops.

OTOH, Ericsson being removed eliminates the Kindl/Commie/Ericsson 5/6/7, and Janik is a perfectly serviceable 7th. Especially behind Lids/Kronner/Stu/White/Kindl/Commie.

I'd rather see him turn out how he's "supposed" to turn out, but right now he's a #6/7 defenseman playing #5 time ahead of better guys because he *might* be really good. By the end of the year Kindl will be ahead of him if he doesn't really earn his spot. And the way he's playing, it looks like Kindl will pass him sooner than later. There's no question that Smith should be able to pass him on the depth chart within a couple seasons if not immediately. Add in Kronwall, Stuart, and White, and basically Ericsson is stuck in the 5/6 hole long term unless he shows marked improvement. Kindl and Smith are getting better rapidly. White is significantly better and no older. His only other chance at moving into the top four is if Kindl and Smith can't pass him, Lidstrom retires, and nobody is signed to fill Lidstrom's spot. Realistically, Ericsson is probably gone after this contract; as a big defenseman with puck skills and good skating ability, his market value will once again be well above what he actually brings to a team; except the Wings won't need a 5/6 at even half of the price he'll command.

Helm had an unbelievable game. He looked like a 1st line superstar tonight.

I actually thought Hudler skated hard and made some nice plays.

Not Brunnstrom's best game, but he skated hard, not nearly as bad as the announcers implied.

Ericsson really looked horrible every time the puck was near him. He gave the puck away countless times, couldn't hold the puck in the zone on offense. He was just brutal.

Conklin made some big stops, but should NOT try to play the puck.

I disagree with that. Bruno looked like he started to stop skating in the 2nd and in the 3rd he didn't look like he was moving at all.

So, many on LGW are ready to bench Big E based on preseason games. LOL. It is the preseason people. The only thing that gets decided during the preseason is who will make the team and who will go to GR. Who will get how many minutes will be decided during the regular season.

So, many on LGW are ready to bench Big E based on preseason games. LOL. It is the preseason people. The only thing that gets decided during the preseason is who will make the team and who will go to GR. Who will get how many minutes will be decided during the regular season.

I don't want Ericsson benched, but I want him to start playing to his cap hit. or at least near it. His defense is very Lebda like and his offense is very Kuznetsov like. He actually looks like he's digressed to me, and without Rafalski to carry that pairing, he's been very exposed as to how craptastic he his.

I didn't get the chance to watch the game tonight (or should I say last night) - however what little I've seen of Exelby he's looked okay...Same with Kindl; he's looked pretty good so far.

exelby is one of those guys who just goes unnoticed because he just goes out there and keeps it simple. he has actually looked better than commie from what i have seen so far.

kindl has actually looked good and has outplayed big E.

I think exelby has earned his spot as second D call up (after smith) if anyone goes down.