• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/2 Exhibition GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Does Nyquist make the team this year? I thought especially with Mursak hurt there was 2 roster spots open. With the play of brunnstrom and Nyquist i thought they would be getting the spots. But i just heard mick and ken mention how there isnt room for Nyquist and if it werent for veteran players and contract obligations that he would be on the team. Is their a finalized roster yet?

I don't think that Holland will ditch Brunnstrom or Emmerton, not when he likes his prospects overripe and not when Nyquist is still waiver-exempt.

Ericsson is a clown. Can't shoot, can't pass, can't use his size, can't defend.... <_<

He wasn't bad tonight at all. Also, if anyone is wondering, Nyquist is a beast. Secondly, Hudler had a horrible game. I have zero hope for him. If we can't get Nyquist on the team, give him Hudler's spot and get rid of Hudler. Sorry Eva.

Also also, I thought Filppula was a beast tonight, despite the fact he didn't have any points. Although in his defense, he had to play with Hudler a lot.

Edited by Z and D for the C

The Wings don't lose anything by putting Nyquist on GR, it just means he'll develop more and come back even sicker next year! Preseason was fun, but I really think its about time the season got underway. Hopefully some of the sloppiness these last three games was just preseason rust removal.

I like what Ericsson did there. Finally showing somewhat of a rough side.

No kidding. It's the best thing I've seen from him in that department. Laying the crosschecks on when guys stake their territory in front of the crease, keeping them away from Howard after the play so they don't pull any crap. It's exactly what the Wings have been lacking from their blueline. Making guys pay a price for standing in front of the net.

If he keeps that up and keeps playing more like he did tonight, he may have a chance at earning this contract. He was a little too aggressive with the stretch pass, but better he tests the waters in the preseason.

And Nyquist looked friggin awesome for a rookie. Is there really a chance he won't make the lineup? The only memorable mistake was the backhander at the end of the game, but that's something he'll learn from.

Kindl looked good out there on the power play. As he gets more comfortable I could see him picking up a lot of PP minutes. It'd be nice to have another option out there.

Hudler started slow but had some good shifts out there with Flip. He still needs to shoot the puck more instead of passing though, even in the preseason. Start getting those goals Hudlum.

EDIT: Just read the update on Nyquist going to the minors. I can see letting him develop some more, but on a lot of teams he'd be in the lineup. He certainly earned a chance with his preseason play.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

EDIT: Just read the update on Nyquist going to the minors. I can see letting him develop some more, but on a lot of teams he'd be in the lineup. He certainly earned a chance with his preseason play.

If the Wings weren't as deep as they are this year he would have made it. With retirements coming up after this season it next there will be slots for him. No need to rush, he can develop better in GR.