• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Filppula was amazing tonight. He was everywhere. Really sound I thought in the defensive end and had some flashy moves in the offensive zone. Hudler was useless as always. I agree get rid of him. Any updates on Eaves?

#82 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Eavsey is just fine :thumbup: there's just no reason to send him back out on a sore foot in the pre-season.

http://www.mlive.com..._wings_gus.html

Sucks to hear Nyquist is going down, but he's waiver-exempt and I'd rather send him down safely than potentially lose someone else in the process.

#83 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

bummer but pretty much as expected unless your blueadams lol. Good to hear that Eaves is ok too : )

#84 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

I'm liking this Nyquist kid.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#85 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

The Wings don't lose anything by putting Nyquist on GR, it just means he'll develop more and come back even sicker next year! Preseason was fun, but I really think its about time the season got underway. Hopefully some of the sloppiness these last three games was just preseason rust removal.

#86 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Nyquist is great, but I am not that upset with him being sent down - he's so easily knocked down - let him bulk up while he is waiver-exempt.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#87 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Let me have some of that Ian Hwite. You can't have a Red Wings team without Ian Hwite.

#88 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

I like what Ericsson did there. Finally showing somewhat of a rough side.

No kidding. It's the best thing I've seen from him in that department. Laying the crosschecks on when guys stake their territory in front of the crease, keeping them away from Howard after the play so they don't pull any crap. It's exactly what the Wings have been lacking from their blueline. Making guys pay a price for standing in front of the net.

If he keeps that up and keeps playing more like he did tonight, he may have a chance at earning this contract. He was a little too aggressive with the stretch pass, but better he tests the waters in the preseason.

And Nyquist looked friggin awesome for a rookie. Is there really a chance he won't make the lineup? The only memorable mistake was the backhander at the end of the game, but that's something he'll learn from.

Kindl looked good out there on the power play. As he gets more comfortable I could see him picking up a lot of PP minutes. It'd be nice to have another option out there.

Hudler started slow but had some good shifts out there with Flip. He still needs to shoot the puck more instead of passing though, even in the preseason. Start getting those goals Hudlum.

EDIT: Just read the update on Nyquist going to the minors. I can see letting him develop some more, but on a lot of teams he'd be in the lineup. He certainly earned a chance with his preseason play.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 02 October 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#89 RedBengals

RedBengals

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

EDIT: Just read the update on Nyquist going to the minors. I can see letting him develop some more, but on a lot of teams he'd be in the lineup. He certainly earned a chance with his preseason play.

If the Wings weren't as deep as they are this year he would have made it. With retirements coming up after this season it next there will be slots for him. No need to rush, he can develop better in GR.